Status
Not open for further replies.

rockstarr

Senior List
Oct 25, 2006
Broadbeach
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Hey Bodzy, I thought you thought you were a bit of a gun?? why did you only get 3 votes in the league??

Fergz, if your not the biggest twat on big footy your in the grand final!

when did bodzy say he was a gun footballer? i would like to see evidence.

hank1

Premiership Player
Dec 30, 2004
Stanhope
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Tongala
Re: Kyabram District FL

Wouldn't even worry about him rockstarr, one bloke would be one of the first picked in the back half for a KDL SENIOR team of the year, and the other one plays twos, I'm sure everyone on here can see who doesn't need to worry about talking themselves up.

hank1

Premiership Player
Dec 30, 2004
Stanhope
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Tongala

Ardmona did it easy in the end against Violet Town today at Stanhope, Ardy won too many one on one contests and were also better in the clinches.
Wasn't any standout performers from either side, Bodycoat stood up down back for VT and took some telling contested grabs, only picked up one clanger kick also!. Meka kicked a couple in the first half but don't think he even took the field in the last half, injury?
Walker was ok when he had the ball but his defensive pressure and chasing was non-existent. Ferrari and Reidy controlled the airwaves for Ardy, Lowe and Sibraa made the most of their ascendency.
Horsborough and Marguglio got a fair bit of it and used it pretty well. Trotter's handball to the bloke on the mark was a rarity!
Violet Town will have to work hard now to try and stay alive next week against the winner tomorrow. Ardmona will go in confident against Stanhope next week after having run them to a kick last week and from their performance today.

P.S. Brenton Gray played about 2 and a half quarters in the twos and got through unscathed, kicked 3 and had a hand in Stanhopes first 5 goals, so would expect him to line up in the ones next week.

FERGZ

Debutant
Jul 6, 2007
Mooroopna
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
ARDMONA

Wouldn't even worry about him rockstarr, one bloke would be one of the first picked in the back half for a KDL SENIOR team of the year, and the other one plays twos, I'm sure everyone on here can see who doesn't need to worry about talking themselves up.
HAHAHA. hey daryl, my first season back from a couple years of cob, you might be a league medallist but i would take you on in footy anyday chyna... who you playing for next year?? might see you when im playing for shepp east bro... bodycoat done jack s**t today... i was hoping he would put on a show:thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

hank1

Premiership Player
Dec 30, 2004
Stanhope
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Tongala

HAHAHA. hey daryl, my first season back from a couple years of cob, you might be a league medallist but i would take you on in footy anyday chyna... who you playing for next year?? might see you when im playing for shepp east bro... bodycoat done jack s**t today... i was hoping he would put on a show:thumbsdown::thumbsdown:
You won't see me if your playing for Shepp East buddy they are in the Picola League, Tongala are in the Murray League.
I'll give my report on you next week:thumbsu:

head67

Club Legend
Mar 12, 2006
By the river
AFL Club
Essendon

Semi final i'd say rockstarr.. and get back on the rfl site it's running hot:D. All though Ferg is a socialy challanged half witted F@rkwitt.
Some one tell me if the towners are able to bridge the gap, or are they that far off the pace??:thumbsu:

FERGZ

Debutant
Jul 6, 2007
Mooroopna
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
ARDMONA

Was a bit drunk last nyt was'nt thinking, but who ever i play for hope i line up against you sometime. Yeah no probz cob give a report of what you think you should even come & have a beer after the game??

hank1

Premiership Player
Dec 30, 2004
Stanhope
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Tongala

Was a bit drunk last nyt was'nt thinking, but who ever i play for hope i line up against you sometime. Yeah no probz cob give a report of what you think you should even come & have a beer after the game??

Will do mate

Rosco5

Team Captain
Dec 30, 2004
in the grass
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
nnwufc nagaz bwdfd

I'll back ya Chrissy Boy - he's a ripper our Cosa. Did he win the B.O.G. medal in the 2005 flag? Often forced to play out of his weight division and never takes a backward step :thumbsu:

Yes Doona, Jimmy is a great player, his kicking is probably the only thing I thought let him down but clever, runs to the right spots and is very courageous.

And what's the "past reputations" crap ?? Velcro up ol' boy.

hank1

Premiership Player
Dec 30, 2004
Stanhope
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Tongala

Elimination Final
Scores level after full time 87 points each.
5 minutes extra time each end played with Tallygaroopna scoring 1 goal to Undera's 1 behind in the 2nd 5 minutes.
Tally victors by 5 pts, with 5 less scoring shots.
Will be two ripper contests next week, does this mean that the 2nd semi will now be at Tally and 1st semi at Rushy?
Tallygaroopna 3.1 4.1 4.0 4.1 (15.3) v » Undera 3.2 3.2 3.2 4.4 (13.10)
Goals
Tallygaroopna ADAM MOLISAK 6, JONSE PALMER 5, PETER RALPH 2, TIM BUCKINGHAM 1, RICKY FRAPPELL 1
Undera MATTHEW PELL 5, JARROD CHAPMAN 3, BRAD MOON 3, PAUL MAHONEY 1, CRAIG COX 1
Best
Tallygaroopna ADAM MOLISAK, ROBERT OSBORNE, TRENT SIDEBOTTOM, JONSE PALMER, HAYDEN BEST, DANIEL LLOYD
Undera JARROD CHAPMAN, PAUL MAHONEY, DANIEL GODSMARK, MATTHEW PELL, CRAIG COX, JOHN VALENTIN

Joe Mama

Club Legend
Apr 5, 2001
Everywhere you want to be
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Mernda, Murch/Toolamba, Man City

As far as the Flag is concerned, it's really Stanhope's to lose, HOW CAN YOU SAY THAT WAYDE, YOU HAVE TO HAVE THE FLAG BEFORE YOU CAN LOSE IT:confused:

I admit, that was a bad choice of words, MY BAD:eek:.

Anyway, what I should of said was that Stanhope should still be favored to win it, but Premierships are still hard to win, and a lot of times it comes down to luck, even if you have the best cattle out in the paddock.

Wasn't at all surprised about Ardmona beating Violet Town, but the Tally/Undera game was a bit of a surprise, considering that most people here thought that Tally would do enough to hold them off, but after that result and the resultant tiredness after such as game you would reckon that Violet Town should account for Tally next week.

Gissa

Senior List
Jul 16, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne

Are finals venues this week going to schedule or will there be a change due to Tally getting a home final?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gissa

Senior List
Jul 16, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne

I thought it was ardmona vs stanhope at tally?
It said in the KDFL Record last week that the 2nd Semi Final (Stanny v Ardy) would be played Sat. 8th at Rushworth and the 1st Semi Final (VT v Tally) Sun. 9th at Tallygaroopna. Perhaps you've seen a more recent version, Fergz? Otherwise I'll be lost this weekend!:confused:

horey1

Rookie
Feb 26, 2007
AFL Club
Collingwood

It said in the KDFL Record last week that the 2nd Semi Final (Stanny v Ardy) would be played Sat. 8th at Rushworth and the 1st Semi Final (VT v Tally) Sun. 9th at Tallygaroopna. Perhaps you've seen a more recent version, Fergz? Otherwise I'll be lost this weekend!:confused:
I can confirm that the 2nd Semi (Stanhope Vs Ardy) will be on Saturday at Tally and the 1st Semi (Tally Vs Violet Town) will be on Sunday at Rushy. Unlike the GV (Euroa) we don't have the luxury of a home final.

What a Joke, Tally having to play on the 2 worst grounds in the league 2 weeks in a row. The VT oval was not fit to be played on yesterday. No grass and hard as a rock. It was also hard to see the other end of the ground due to the amount of dust that was being kicked up.

The water situation is unfortunate but I still think it is unfair for both sides to have to play on crap like we had.

Does anyone know whether the Rushy ground has had any water on it????

Duff Man

Team Captain
Oct 12, 2005
Polly McQuinn's
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
GVFL

I can confirm that the 2nd Semi (Stanhope Vs Ardy) will be on Saturday at Tally and the 1st Semi (Tally Vs Violet Town) will be on Sunday at Rushy. Unlike the GV (Euroa) we don't have the luxury of a home final.

What a Joke, Tally having to play on the 2 worst grounds in the league 2 weeks in a row. The VT oval was not fit to be played on yesterday. No grass and hard as a rock. It was also hard to see the other end of the ground due to the amount of dust that was being kicked up.
The water situation is unfortunate but I still think it is unfair for both sides to have to play on crap like we had.

Ground can't have been too bad champ. Didn't stop you from converting from a fair way out. :cool:

sparra

All Australian
Nov 16, 2005
down a dirt track
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
country footy

Sook

Must be an ex AFL player who is only prepared to play on the best surface this country has to offer

It is finals time, should should be happy just to be playing, and I don't think Rushy or Avenel would have minded playing at VT on sunday.

horey1

Rookie
Feb 26, 2007
AFL Club
Collingwood

Sook

Must be an ex AFL player who is only prepared to play on the best surface this country has to offer

It is finals time, should should be happy just to be playing, and I don't think Rushy or Avenel would have minded playing at VT on sunday.

I don't think there were any Ex AFL players out there on the weekend mate. I'm certainly not one of them if there were.

All I am saying is that the league should look at different options this year and if they get some water go back there next year and the year after that if they sook about not getting a final.

firefox

Debutant
Apr 4, 2007
AFL Club
Essendon

The KDFL can fix this confusing problem of having to switch finals easy - don't schedule finals at grounds where the home club is likely to be playing in one on that day. I know it's probably a bit unfiar on the clubs playing finals every year, but how easy would it have been to schedule finals away from Tally, Violet Town, Stanhope etc and instead use Murch, Lancy, Merrigum, Avenel etc for this year. Give Stanhope a final in the first week - they were always going to finish on top and have the week off. Rushy's ground and facilities are terrible and the KDFL should toughen the hell up on these sorts of issues - get your crap together or you won't get a final. Same as the Ardmona situation - pay on time or your points are stripped (sorry to bring this up again).

T.Perry

All Australian
Oct 26, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Rushy Tigers

The KDFL can fix this confusing problem of having to switch finals easy - don't schedule finals at grounds where the home club is likely to be playing in one on that day. I know it's probably a bit unfiar on the clubs playing finals every year, but how easy would it have been to schedule finals away from Tally, Violet Town, Stanhope etc and instead use Murch, Lancy, Merrigum, Avenel etc for this year. Give Stanhope a final in the first week - they were always going to finish on top and have the week off. Rushy's ground and facilities are terrible and the KDFL should toughen the hell up on these sorts of issues - get your crap together or you won't get a final. Same as the Ardmona situation - pay on time or your points are stripped (sorry to bring this up again).

Generally speaking, Rushy has the worst ground, but I thought during the year the grass covering was better than Merrigums and VT's, from what I saw. I also reckon that the KDL is blessed to have so many high quality grounds (Tally, Murch, Stanhope, Gig, Lancy), but if you looked around at other leagues, Rushy's isn't all that bad.. Still at the lower end in our comp though, I must admit.. And in regards to our rooms, obviously it's not ideal having them so far from the ground, but I can't see how people reckon our visitors rooms are any worse than Gig, Murch, Ardy and even a couple of others. In regards to this week, the ground has been watered.

Also, in saying we need to get our crap together, fair point, but at the moment I'm pretty sure we're the only side who's ground is on crown land, which means that the ground isn't part of council's jurisdiction, which means we have to find an extra $7-8K a year for the water, which is obviously a quality player or 2.. Of course, Tally are now laughing coz they got a $400K grant to improve the ground, and obviously, like most other clubs, we're applying for similar grants, but haven't been lucky enough to get one as of yet..

horey1

Rookie
Feb 26, 2007
AFL Club
Collingwood

I must have you confused with someone else then coz i'm sure you were only 40 odd meters out straight in front? :confused:
That was my point!!! I don't think a nice soft ground would have made that kick any more difficult or easier!!:rolleyes:

waddo #6

Senior List
Apr 24, 2006
Seymour
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
The Mighty Maroons

Scotty Kanters = will go places.

Got a good head screwed on, runner up by 2 votes in B+f for his 1st senior year. trained with u19's vic country squad in div2. played bendigo bombers reserves for a game. hope he doesnt stay at avenel next year, only for his sake tho. dont get me wrong, avenel is a great club and great little town. but scotty is wasting his time in the KD. bigger and better things somewhere else kanters!! trying to get him to the GV or anywhere else apart from avenel will be a task in itself, but any1 else thats seen him play knows he has got it.. Also, on the weekend a young kid from StMary's JFC u15's named Nic Dundon kicked a torpedo from a kick-out due to a rushed behind, and it landed in the centre circle.. at avenel!! this is a very big ground.. watch out for that kid in the future!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back