Not open for further replies.

LastLine14

Debutant
Nov 25, 2007
shepparton
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Re: Kyabram District FL

Thought VT lacked a physical side to their game when played against them, yet they got things done all year against sides other than ardy,tally they even beat the unbeatable stanhope. nice guys though...

HAWKERS91

Team Captain
Dec 5, 2007
wa
AFL Club
Hawthorn

can anyone tell us the mail on the rushy coach. have they got one yet. believe some things happening at board level is the reason for players leaving. sounds like could be some tough times ahead for the tigers

Red_Bull

Senior List
May 4, 2007
Goal Square
AFL Club
Carlton

Thought VT lacked a physical side to their game when played against them, yet they got things done all year against sides other than ardy,tally they even beat the unbeatable stanhope. nice guys though...

Yes and that is why they lost to these teams. VT had good skills and moved the ball well into there forward line all year but when you come up against teams that are both highly skiled and physical like the Ardy's and the Tally's you wouldn't finish on top the majority of the time. All credit to them though they were the only team to beat Stanhope all year, even though Stanhope had players missing Violet Town won by around 40 points and all credit to them for doing so. If Violet Town get that physical aspect of there game going then they could climb even higher on the ladder in 08.

GrassKat

Spec Moderator
Dec 15, 2006
Toolamba
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Murchison-Toolamba FNC

Just cos it's so quiet and I need something to do till holidays...

What ex player would your club love to have back???

Looking through some old teams at Naggaz, I'd say that we wouldn't mind having the likes of Percy Roberts back, CJ Malone and Rattray on the park. Maybe in a couple??

Junkie

All Australian
Feb 9, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Badaginie East

Looking through some old teams at Naggaz, I'd say that we wouldn't mind having the likes of Percy Roberts back, CJ Malone and Rattray on the park. Maybe in a couple??

Is Rattray still the ugliest bloke in country footy?? I heard he had his ears pinned and his jaw 'shaved'...any truth to this?

Rosco5

Team Captain
Dec 30, 2004
in the grass
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
nnwufc nagaz bwdfd

:thumbsdown:

Keep searching. Some people need to have a bit of a think about players that left their clubs and the circumstances of it !! If you wanted some good club players back, surely you would rate the likes of Paulke, Hutton, Morris, Clydesdale etc etc etc .....

dropthesirenAcky

Team Captain
Dec 12, 2007
Echuca
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
rabbitoes

can anyone tell us the mail on the rushy coach. have they got one yet. believe some things happening at board level is the reason for players leaving. sounds like could be some tough times ahead for the tigers

All I can tell you is I've heard something similar , one of the favorite sons was set to coach and now is not , many players going including Rass back to Rochy , although Dirty now coaching Ky could have been the reason behind that .

hank1

Premiership Player
Dec 30, 2004
Stanhope
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Tongala

Keep searching. Some people need to have a bit of a think about players that left their clubs and the circumstances of it !! If you wanted some good club players back, surely you would rate the likes of Paulke, Hutton, Morris, Clydesdale etc etc etc .....

Gee Rosco, I'd have the first 3 mentioned before all of the above, would rate Clydey with them but not others, all three have played great footy in the KDL and also made excellent major league players, nothing against Paulke, Hutto and Morris, but they have not and haven't played in a flag for the club either which Roberts and Malone have.
Talking about club players, have played with both Roberts and Malone and they would be right up there when it comes to good clubmen, circumstances they left Nagambie where to play GVL, no better reason in my book, they were both young when they left, Roberts came back and played another year before going back to GV and Malone moved to Bendigo where he has put in 6 continuous years service to Golden Square and I'm sure anyone from that club would say if you wanted a "good club player" he would be it.
Rattray is obviously a different story, and I dont know the story there, but has since kicked 3 goals in a GV GF win, done nothing since I might add, but injury seems to have had a bit to do with that.
Where are Paulke, Hutton and Morris playing now?

hank1

Premiership Player
Dec 30, 2004
Stanhope
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Tongala

Stanhope would love to have Mark McQueen back, he played in 4 finals games (including a winning GF) in the two years he was there for 36 out of a possible 36 B&F votes, and obviously won back to back B&Fs. To be honest I think that would be just gready though, they won the GF this year by 100pts and look like they are going to be even better next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

jaxbac#13

All Australian
Jan 19, 2007
euroa
AFL Club
Geelong

Gee Rosco, I'd have the first 3 mentioned before all of the above, would rate Clydey with them but not others, all three have played great footy in the KDL and also made excellent major league players, nothing against Paulke, Hutto and Morris, but they have not and haven't played in a flag for the club either which Roberts and Malone have.
Talking about club players, have played with both Roberts and Malone and they would be right up there when it comes to good clubmen, circumstances they left Nagambie where to play GVL, no better reason in my book, they were both young when they left, Roberts came back and played another year before going back to GV and Malone moved to Bendigo where he has put in 6 continuous years service to Golden Square and I'm sure anyone from that club would say if you wanted a "good club player" he would be it.
Rattray is obviously a different story, and I dont know the story there, but has since kicked 3 goals in a GV GF win, done nothing since I might add, but injury seems to have had a bit to do with that.
Where are Paulke, Hutton and Morris playing now?

Not sure about Morris and Hutton but Paulke has been at longwood for a couple of years,As for Rattray,he has the score on the board,not only kicked 3 goals but was a headache for Euroa on GF day.My mail is that he wont be returning any time soon as he is working in Cairns and has also signed there for the upcoming season... Good luck to him.

hank1

Premiership Player
Dec 30, 2004
Stanhope
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Tongala

Not sure about Morris and Hutton but Paulke has been at longwood for a couple of years,As for Rattray,he has the score on the board,not only kicked 3 goals but was a headache for Euroa on GF day.My mail is that he wont be returning any time soon as he is working in Cairns and has also signed there for the upcoming season... Good luck to him.

Well Paulke obviously left to really up the ante in his footy career:p
Think Hutto is playing in the Loddon Valley League over Bendigo way, last I heard Morris was overseas, but that was a while ago.

GrassKat

Spec Moderator
Dec 15, 2006
Toolamba
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Murchison-Toolamba FNC

And you think that these guys are not on the radar? Just interesting to know what clubs have generated good footballers.

GrassKat

Spec Moderator
Dec 15, 2006
Toolamba
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Murchison-Toolamba FNC

Well Paulke obviously left to really up the ante in his footy career:p
Think Hutto is playing in the Loddon Valley League over Bendigo way, last I heard Morris was overseas, but that was a while ago.

Ben Hutton playing Amatuers in Melb, Old Westbourne?? Won the league medal in his teams div in 2007.

GETONCONNORS

Debutant
Aug 8, 2007
Richmond
AFL Club
Richmond

Lancy would welcome back Heath Barnett, only played one year which was there premiership year but dominated at centre half forward and won the medal in the GF. Andrew Gill is another who has only gotten better since leaving the Bats, including winning Ky's senior B&F, Coburg (VFL) reserves B&F and playing in Greenvales Essendon FL premiership last year.

eye on the ball

Draftee
Oct 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon

Rushy would welcome back Clint, Tavis, Jedd Perry & cousin Aidan Thompson all premiership players and Aidan the captain of that side I believe. All now have moved to a higher league, Clint playing in Echuca united side, Jedd playing regular senior for Lower Plenty & Aidan playing regular senior footy for Strathmore in the EDFL. Plenty more players missing from that team that would be a huge welcome back to the club.

sparra

All Australian
Nov 16, 2005
down a dirt track
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
country footy

I suppose VT wouldn't mind Matt Sharp back in a Towners jumper.

Won the CGFL B&F and goalkicking as a 17 yr old back flanker, before playing with Benalla and representing the GV. Played last season in Cairns where he just got pipped in the league medal.

Goes alright, and seeing it is Christmas I am just about to write my letter to Santa asking him if he can make my wishes come true.

trouser snake

Debutant
Apr 27, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond

Avenal have spoken to Barry Hall and would love to have him back. Would really bolster the forward line.....i reckon.

Stinger43

Debutant
Oct 26, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne

Any truth to the rumour the Lancaster coaches are trying to white-ant the young talent at the Kyabram Footy Club. Even heard they approached some promising players fresh out of the Under 16 ranks.

Seems a bit odd.:thumbsdown:

white line

Debutant
May 1, 2007
shep
AFL Club
Collingwood

the perry's???

Try Paul kirby and Daniel harris, heard these guys are on the new presidents wish list. ho ho

Rushy would welcome back Clint, Tavis, Jedd Perry & cousin Aidan Thompson all premiership players and Aidan the captain of that side I believe. All now have moved to a higher league, Clint playing in Echuca united side, Jedd playing regular senior for Lower Plenty & Aidan playing regular senior footy for Strathmore in the EDFL. Plenty more players missing from that team that would be a huge welcome back to the club.

Rosco5

Team Captain
Dec 30, 2004
in the grass
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
nnwufc nagaz bwdfd

And you think that these guys are not on the radar? Just interesting to know what clubs have generated good footballers.

Hutto played GV footy and is currently at Old Westbourne as stated, did win the medal in that comp in 07 - stated he would most likely be there in 08.
I wouldnt 'bag' Scott Paulke, he has the runs on the board, played a fair bit of Ballarat FL, co-coached a flag in the Lexton Plains FL and is one of the best and hardest on-ballers I have seen. Brian Morris is building a shack in Nagaz and will be back there in 08, good quality club person and quietly gets the job done on a wing or roving - no, not with the same flair as some but without the fuss. As for Clydey, champion bloke and great player but work has curtailed any footy career for him.
And yes, good luck to those who pursued GVL or BFL footy, I did not play with CJ but heard he is a good footballer, I did however play with Percy - currently playing up NTFL - and .... well, that is another story. As for Patty, I dont know whether kicking 3 in a GVL flag rates as a Brownlow but he is genuinely nice bloke and 'good' footballer and his height and engine causes problems for many sides, hope he does well up north.
Finally, flags are built by solid clubs who all work towards the one cause, from president, committee to players, supporters and support staff and workers - that is what is lacking with some clubs. :eek:

cosby

All Australian
Oct 3, 2005
the Ponds
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawks

Any truth to the rumour the Lancaster coaches are trying to white-ant the young talent at the Kyabram Footy Club. Even heard they approached some promising players fresh out of the Under 16 ranks.

Seems a bit odd.:thumbsdown:
Not quite sure what you're on about, but I'll just say this. The Kyabram Football Club like every other club in the area has to work to get players.
The Lancaster thirds coach would be scouting for 16 and 17yr olds just like any other decent thirds coach in the Kyabram area.

I'm not sure where it is stated that all 16-17yr olds remain the property of the KFC until they are neglected or turned away.:rolleyes:

If asking a kid of 16 or 17 if he wants to play at Lancaster/Stanhope/Girgarre/Merrigum is what is classed as 'white-anting' the Kyabram Football Club then I'm afraid I'm all for it.
The majority of kids with talent will try their wares at Ky, if not it's Ky's loss, but I'd be inclined to think that they need to look in their own backyard for the answers as to why these kids would turn their back on a GVL club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back