lions07

Debutant
Feb 27, 2008
Fall of the ball
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Stanhope
I know Stanhope have lost a fair few players from last years squad.
Maybe upto ten players moving on.
Haven't seen much of there team this season but have recruited a few players from Tonny and Kyabram etc

juddy wce

Senior List
May 7, 2007
woop woop
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Saw Gig play in Stanhope Night Series Sunday and they look like they will be cellar dwellers again. Lanky lost a few and havent really picked up many so i would say that they wont threaten finals, although i dont know how strong the other teams are going to be.

lions07

Debutant
Feb 27, 2008
Fall of the ball
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Stanhope
Went down and watched the night series match last night between Stanhope and Tongala. Stanhope getting up in the last minutes of the match and winning by a point. As you can imagine it was a very evenly matched game throughout the whole way through. Stanhope had fairly innacurrate kicking which could have made the scoreline different whereas Tonny only missed one shot. First time i've seen either teams play this year and both should be looking for Successful seasons in there own leagues respectively

bread and butter

Debutant
Apr 20, 2008
full back
How are teams looking at this stage of the year in the Kyabram League?
What recruits have teams picked up etc?
stanhope at full strength look alright,, but with the likes of jimmy fraser, sam dearing playing seniors and if karl anderson decides to leave which i think he has the side will slide a bit.. plenty of new faces in the thirds tho,

teddygeiger

Debutant
Oct 2, 2006
Coghlans IGA
AFL Club
Adelaide
VT have a few handy recruits so far...
joel gerada - handy player when at his peak
james borg - younger brother of anthony who is just as solid in back pocket
Lachy Smith - silky skills on both feat, recruited from benalla.
Nathan Abley - brother of Nick, strong as an ox full forward set for a big year.

fortyfour

Debutant
Jul 10, 2008
ur pants
AFL Club
Geelong
stanhope at full strength look alright,, but with the likes of jimmy fraser, sam dearing playing seniors and if karl anderson decides to leave which i think he has the side will slide a bit.. plenty of new faces in the thirds tho,
yeah jimmy fraser will be playing thirds along with sam dearing both playing major roles this year but stanhope is set for a big year. they have started well bye beating two murrey teams ie tonny and numurka i think we can only inprove with breadan stokes and jackhepburn haveing a dig deap with jye patten raking up the possis in the middle with ando reading the play well. ie bakes for center half

The String

Debutant
Jul 2, 2007
tongala
AFL Club
Essendon
Went down and watched the night series match last night between Stanhope and Tongala. Stanhope getting up in the last minutes of the match and winning by a point. As you can imagine it was a very evenly matched game throughout the whole way through. Stanhope had fairly innacurrate kicking which could have made the scoreline different whereas Tonny only missed one shot. First time i've seen either teams play this year and both should be looking for Successful seasons in there own leagues respectively
Based solely on that game i wouldn't think either team would have any success. Don't know about the kd all that much but i know if tonny don't improve considerably they will run into a lot of trouble. But they are a young side with quite a few just stepping out of the under 14s so a hard season this year will put them in good stead for following years. Stanhope looked like they had more in them then they displayed on the night and look to be a much better outfit then Gig which is the only other kd side ive seen play this year.

lions07

Debutant
Feb 27, 2008
Fall of the ball
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Stanhope
VT have a few handy recruits so far...
joel gerada - handy player when at his peak
james borg - younger brother of anthony who is just as solid in back pocket
Lachy Smith - silky skills on both feat, recruited from benalla.
Nathan Abley - brother of Nick, strong as an ox full forward set for a big year.

How are V.T looking this year? How will they compare to last years team?

What players have moved on?

fortyfour

Debutant
Jul 10, 2008
ur pants
AFL Club
Geelong
How are V.T looking this year? How will they compare to last years team?

What players have moved on?
i have been tolled from a rabbit that the teams to watch out for this year will be undera stanhope lanky and murch. howeva been talking to a few lanky boys and they rekon they dont have anythink special this but im tiping undera stanhope vt for top 3.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lions07

Debutant
Feb 27, 2008
Fall of the ball
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Stanhope
Rushy have picked up Luke Austin from Naggas

Huge gain for Rushy! Watched some of the game last night and done nothing special at all. Tries to do too much and doesnt have the pace and or skill to get the job done. Should have stayed at Nagambie, atleast he would have been in a better team that way

DancinMachine

Rookie
Mar 25, 2009
Rightround Town
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Huge gain for Rushy! Watched some of the game last night and done nothing special at all. Tries to do too much and doesnt have the pace and or skill to get the job done. Should have stayed at Nagambie, atleast he would have been in a better team that way

I agree. Trys to show off too much. If he learnt how to handball would be much better. Still a big gain. Rushy were very flat last night, lots of little mistakes. Will be much better during the season.

lions07

Debutant
Feb 27, 2008
Fall of the ball
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Stanhope
I agree. Trys to show off too much. If he learnt how to handball would be much better. Still a big gain. Rushy were very flat last night, lots of little mistakes. Will be much better during the season.

The kid overall aint too bad, obviously just watches too much TV and tries to copy genuine footballers. Needs to worry about his own game more and as you said needs to give off the hands more often

lions07

Debutant
Feb 27, 2008
Fall of the ball
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Stanhope
Rushy have picked up Luke Austin from Naggas

Needs to shut mouth, move ball on quickly and handball. Caught four times in the middle from ten ball ups! Do Rushy have any better movers than this???

Unfortunately probably not. Rushy have a young side this year and he would be one of there better players. Just shows how good Rushy will travel this year!

corona and lime

Debutant
Sep 30, 2008
on bigfooty
austin suks d*ck he does to much for his own good and tries to be a prity boy at the same time

also can i have peoples views on the leage b@f this year my vote is jye patten from stanhope
ryan and jye win back to back? would be good to see.. i happened to watch the kdfl teams in the night comp and would have to say stanhope looked better then gig and rushy but the standard was pretty low also it was good to see gig recruit a few players.. its a shame to hear about young james fraser from stanhope who is out for a year, i guess it can give other players opportunities to step up.

lions07

Debutant
Feb 27, 2008
Fall of the ball
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Stanhope
ryan and jye win back to back? would be good to see.. i happened to watch the kdfl teams in the night comp and would have to say stanhope looked better then gig and rushy but the standard was pretty low also it was good to see gig recruit a few players.. its a shame to hear about young james fraser from stanhope who is out for a year, i guess it can give other players opportunities to step up.

I think the standard in the KDL 18's this year will be fairly low judging by what i have seen in the Stanhope Night Series and the exodus of players that have left either to other leagues or are too old due to age restrictions. Would this be a fair call? Still alot of handy players running around but unfortunately just not enough in most teams to make the league very competitive at a junior level

redleg#1

Debutant
Jul 8, 2007
shepparton
AFL Club
Collingwood
Tally played waaia last sunday, with Tally getting up by a few goals in the end, waaia played well but was over run by tally in the last.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back