CersySr

Rookie
Feb 5, 2008
Tongala
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tongala, Stanhope.
Anyone else with me for reyne auld 4 league medal? absoulte freak and very flexiable as well........... Can anyone ever tell wtf happened to alex oriely of stanhope? has he moved clubs or somethin? cause havnt seen him around cuttin up local footy grounds this season! :D

Nah, Auldy's played too many seniors games to win it. If he played the whole season he'd be a shoe-in to win. And for Al O'Reily? He's been injured all season with ongoing groin problems, has only played the two seniors games.

Murch Hoppers

Draftee
Jul 11, 2009
Murch
AFL Club
Essendon
Looking at Clubs who have made up ground this! Lancaster & Avenel have taken next step after showing promise in 2008. Tallygaroopna & Girgarre have both improved this year and could be considered unlucky not to make the step up to being finals players. Murchison has started to gather a good young side specially if they pick up some of the boys playing Tatura u16. Also must say I think Undera has taken the right path to build for the future.

Murch's under 18's team this year will be pretty similar to next years, everyone but one or two players still has at least another year of thirds in them.

Jun 24, 2007
cooma
Josh Coates is clearly the best player in league, great hands, good awarness around the sticks, could have kicked another 25-30 goals but gave alot off through the year, no defender in the league has come close to winning the battle with him. Should be playing gvl in at ky :thumbsu:

bread and butter

Debutant
Apr 20, 2008
full back
Josh Coates is clearly the best player in league, great hands, good awarness around the sticks, could have kicked another 25-30 goals but gave alot off through the year, no defender in the league has come close to winning the battle with him. Should be playing gvl in at ky :thumbsu:
thats nice of you to say that about your team mate, but i would say that shane baker from stanhope would of been a shoe in for league BnF if he didnt quit

xave23

Draftee
Sep 17, 2008
Yarrawonga
AFL Club
Collingwood

I think tht Willie Wheeler may hve this bloke for the best player in the league.

sumpy#29

Rookie
Aug 10, 2009
AFL Club
Gold Coast
anyone no if willie wheeler is playing for avenel this week. i think he might be but im not sure does anyone no for sure?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

sumpy#29

Rookie
Aug 10, 2009
AFL Club
Gold Coast
if he hasnt played a game, he cant be best in the league.. you spud

are you kidding mate. he is playin for em this week. how can he not be the best...
he plays bushies
Assumption college 1sts and got a b.o.g medal
and he is playin for avenal this weekend.
The kid is going places!

Jul 7, 2009
pros
AFL Club
St Kilda
josh coates is a great player but how can u say that no defender has come close too him. on the weekend he was beaten by cal williams of avenel. he had very little of the ball and only kicked one goal for the game!

Old Tiger

Draftee
Aug 21, 2009
AFL Club
Geelong
Rushworth 7-13-55 defeated Lancaster 5-9-39
Rush
Goals 2 - Lunney, Damon, Reid 1 - Anderson
Best - C Chillingsworth, R Gay, B Wall, B Kealy, L Austin, D Reid

Lancaster
Goals 4 Josh Coates 1 J Cruz
Best - P.Owen, B allott, J Coates, J Cruz, B schloss, S Mcdonell

Joe Mama

Club Legend
Apr 5, 2001
Everywhere you want to be
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Mernda, Murch/Toolamba, Man City
The KDFL thirds are fading away quickly, in a few years there won't be a comp

That's rubbish, there will be a Thirds comp in the KDFL, now and into the future, because in the early 90's only 5-6 teams had thirds and they still ran a comp then, so you're logic seems misplaced.

Anyway, realisticly we'll have around 10 out of 13 KDFL clubs with thirds (excluding Ardmona, Merrigum & Longwood although I hope that one of them has a go at getting a side up for next year) in 2010, and that's enough to keep consolidating on what we have.

corona and lime

Debutant
Sep 30, 2008
on bigfooty
That's rubbish, there will be a Thirds comp in the KDFL, now and into the future, because in the early 90's only 5-6 teams had thirds and they still ran a comp then, so you're logic seems misplaced.

Anyway, realisticly we'll have around 10 out of 13 KDFL clubs with thirds (excluding Ardmona, Merrigum & Longwood although I hope that one of them has a go at getting a side up for next year) in 2010, and that's enough to keep consolidating on what we have.
most teams are struggling for numbers, most games are now played 16 a side. V.T and Undera may aswell be put into the category of not having a team because most games they only had 12 players. With senior teams playing thirds kids puts even more pressure on teams to field a side. Many of the kids go and play major league thirds instead of kdfl. With the drought there are more families moving away and less kids playing. thats my logic

Jun 24, 2007
cooma
josh coates is a great player but how can u say that no defender has come close too him. on the weekend he was beaten by cal williams of avenel. he had very little of the ball and only kicked one goal for the game!

considering he had 2-3 players on him all game, missed a few shots and if there were half decent umpires he would have had that much more of the ball and prob kicked 5

coaches review

Draftee
Sep 2, 2009
North
AFL Club
Gold Coast
ok who will win the thirds grany?? RUSHY OR NAGGERS?? rushy hav hit some awesome form and have played in 4 granys in the last 6 years there due for a win ay?? and nagambie havnt lost a game all year arent they due for a loss by now??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back