Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Old Tiger

Draftee
Aug 21, 2009
AFL Club
Geelong
Nagambie is red hot favourates ...undefeated ...killed Rushworth at only meeting this year. Have almost same side who won grand final last year. Plus star players on every line.
Rushworth lost 10 players from last years GF team. 10 first year players with most straight out of under 14's. Great effort to make 4th spot and to make grand final.
Rushworth has not won a thirds premiership since 1988 (21 years). Since in KDFL have made it 7 times for no wins.
Expect Rushy to put up a brave fight.

qwerty

Senior List
Aug 2, 2007
Vic
AFL Club
St Kilda
Nagambie is red hot favourates ...undefeated ...killed Rushworth at only meeting this year. Have almost same side who won grand final last year. Plus star players on every line.
Rushworth lost 10 players from last years GF team. 10 first year players with most straight out of under 14's. Great effort to make 4th spot and to make grand final.
Rushworth has not won a thirds premiership since 1988 (21 years). Since in KDFL have made it 7 times for no wins.

Will Nagambie take any kids into the 1st side this week?

Joe Mama

Club Legend
Apr 5, 2001
Everywhere you want to be
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Mernda, Murch/Toolamba, Man City
most teams are struggling for numbers, most games are now played 16 a side. V.T and Undera may aswell be put into the category of not having a team because most games they only had 12 players. With senior teams playing thirds kids puts even more pressure on teams to field a side. Many of the kids go and play major league thirds instead of kdfl. With the drought there are more families moving away and less kids playing. thats my logic

I understand that, (Murchison has struggled for years to get number in the 3rds, only this year was a good year for numbers), but our 3rds should be about the sport, and not so much the glory, and if you want to get up at a sparrows fart to play 3rds in the GVFL, good luck to you, but as long as there are enough kids wanting to have a social kick around in the morning, we will be there.

Joe Mama

Club Legend
Apr 5, 2001
Everywhere you want to be
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Mernda, Murch/Toolamba, Man City

Rushy will have a go (And they have done themselves proud to even get there), but you would have to think that you would need to have a hot day, and have the legs to outrun Nagambie to have any chance, but I still think that Nagambie have the height and the fitness to prevail.

Old Tiger

Draftee
Aug 21, 2009
AFL Club
Geelong
Great effort by the Rushy boys, as I noted they did put up a brave fight that took them to victory.
Shaun Damon b&f winner from Ben Kealy by narrow margin.
Callan Chillingsworth grand final hero with great game from Luke Austin. A REAL Team effort....well done and the celebratings are continuing

Mar 16, 2008
Uppercomebackwest
AFL Club
Richmond
Great effort by the Rushy boys, as I noted they did put up a brave fight that took them to victory.
Shaun Damon b&f winner from Ben Kealy by narrow margin.
Callan Chillingsworth grand final hero with great game from Luke Austin. A REAL Team effort....well done and the celebratings are continuing

I reckon put a mention in for the back line who provided the drive for rushy on the day, couldn't have done it without them from what i saw, not sure if that was the case all year, but was definitely the difference between the sides on saturday.

Old Tiger

Draftee
Aug 21, 2009
AFL Club
Geelong
yes your right. Set up when Rushworth first goal was scored by Matt Thomas the back pocket who ran the length of the ground to set up the opportunity then convert. They worked together all year and most are very young.

coaches review

Draftee
Sep 2, 2009
North
AFL Club
Gold Coast
watching rushy play through out the year there back line looked very young and still seemed to beat any forward line without a problem. they had a little blonde kid that looked like a 12 year old that beat any bloke no matter what size and that number four watching him play i reckon he gave most of rushys attack from the back flank and no coach seemed to pick up on it..

DancinMachine

Rookie
Mar 25, 2009
Rightround Town
AFL Club
North Melbourne
watching rushy play through out the year there back line looked very young and still seemed to beat any forward line without a problem. they had a little blonde kid that looked like a 12 year old that beat any bloke no matter what size and that number four watching him play i reckon he gave most of rushys attack from the back flank and no coach seemed to pick up on it..

i heard the number four had a bit of a hair cut after the granny? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back