Toast Keath elevated for the rest of the season!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Bazz_27

Club Legend
Sep 14, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
LFC,
Taking a little bit of licence with this but assume as it's on afl.com.au that this means its within the rules

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-08-15/crows-misfortune-is-teammates-blessing

MPRESSIVE Adelaide defender Alex Keath can thank injured key position prospect Elliott Himmelberg for allowing him to play in Friday night's blockbuster against Sydney at Adelaide Oval.

With midfielder Curtly Hampton set to come off the long-term injury list and play his first game in three months in the SANFL this weekend, the Crows would have had to demote either Keath or fellow cross-code success story Hugh Greenwood back to the rookie list.

However, Adelaide has decided to rule Himmelberg out for the season with a foot injury and allow him to get a full pre-season under his belt.
Himmelberg is expected to be placed on the long-term injury list, leaving a spot open for Keath to maintain his spot in the Crows' backline.

In the other thread it's been mentioned that after round 18 you cannot place new players onto the LTI list.

I saw that too- however I assume there must be some look hole happening here around the Sam Shaw thing or the special rules also mentioned. Although AFL.com.au is not the AFL I would assume they would fact check on things like this first.

This will be an interesting one. We obviously didn't expect Keith to come on as strongly as he has? Lots of people already have more faith in him than Hartigan!

Rest Talia against West Coast and play the other two? Best player plays finals?

On current form though its hard to see Hartigan coming in again barring injury or real bad performance from Keath. From a size point of view he is very handy to have in the side. What a great issue to have running into finals!

In the other thread it's been mentioned that after round 18 you cannot place new players onto the LTI list.
The AFL made a rod for it's own back, when they allowed multiple clubs (including Adelaide) to put players on the LTI list on the eve of the finals. They can't turn around 12 months later, and refuse us when we want to do exactly the same thing. It's their rule book, and they chose to ignore the rules - once it's been shown to be unenforceable once, you can't start enforcing it again 12 months later.

It may be that this year things are different. We were referencing last years rules. I think with the CBA, a lot of details were up in the air.
I don't think anything's changed. It was definitely in the rule book last year, and they still allowed clubs to do it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Taking a little bit of licence with this but assume as it's on afl.com.au that this means its within the rules

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-08-15/crows-misfortune-is-teammates-blessing

MPRESSIVE Adelaide defender Alex Keath can thank injured key position prospect Elliott Himmelberg for allowing him to play in Friday night's blockbuster against Sydney at Adelaide Oval.

With midfielder Curtly Hampton set to come off the long-term injury list and play his first game in three months in the SANFL this weekend, the Crows would have had to demote either Keath or fellow cross-code success story Hugh Greenwood back to the rookie list.

However, Adelaide has decided to rule Himmelberg out for the season with a foot injury and allow him to get a full pre-season under his belt.
Himmelberg is expected to be placed on the long-term injury list, leaving a spot open for Keath to maintain his spot in the Crows' backline.

Yes, I think you have taken a bit of licence there. Still waiting on it to be official before I get too excited. But surely it has to be possible one way or another.

Hahaha, so first there is an issue with keeping Keath on the senior list when the rules say that there isn't, and then the "issue" is dealt with by just ignoring a different rule.

Keep on being professional AFL :thumbsu:
A decision cannot be made by the AFL until they find a new football operations director who can make a decision for the CEO... ;)

A decision cannot be made by the AFL until they find a new football operations director who can make a decision for the CEO... ;)
Decision should be made by mid October.

Until then he is allowed to play pending the official ruling......

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back