Toast Keath to be upgraded and debut!

Remove this Banner Ad

I can't remember what game it was, it might have been the Hawthorn game, but there was over half a dozen times where he left his man to go third man up and didn't get to the contest in time to affect it, or he'd get there but still have no impact, with Hawthorn then able to get the ball to his opponent. It was terrible and I'm normally a Hartigan fan.

It's been the story all year.

2016 he played more so in a 1v1 direct role and that role seems to suit him best, just purely locking down on the big monster forwards, while the other 5 defenders go about their business.

I noticed this year he tried to emulate Talia's development, and go from being a pure 1v1 defender, to being able to play one out or come across and intercept. It doesn't work...... he ****ing sucks at this role as we saw this year. As I said I'm happy to give him time to adjust and learn and regain his form, however he was a serious, serious burden this year.

The games we haven't had Hartigan in the side, our defence has looked so much more organised.

It's been the story all year.

2016 he played more so in a 1v1 direct role and that role seems to suit him best, just purely locking down on the big monster forwards, while the other 5 defenders go about their business.

I noticed this year he tried to emulate Talia's development, and go from being a pure 1v1 defender, to being able to play one out or come across and intercept. It doesn't work...... he ****ing sucks at this role as we saw this year. As I said I'm happy to give him time to adjust and learn and regain his form, however he was a serious, serious burden this year.

The games we haven't had Hartigan in the side, our defence has looked so much more organised.
Earlier in the year I thought he was doing well at dropping off his man to be the 3rd man in the contest to either kill the ball or win possession. However, at some point he started getting his timing all wrong and was creating more trouble than he was actually helping out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back