Keating v McDonald

Remove this Banner Ad

Tom FC

Senior List
Nov 2, 2000
Matthews has apparently said that McDonald is the side's number one ruckman and that Keating will have to work very hard to displace him.
Does anyone have any opinions on this?
Personally, I believe that even though Beau had a good season, if Keating could reclaim a fraction of his 99 form, he would be the automatic choice for ruckman.

Three guesses who my choice is for the No.1 ruckman. Onya Beau.
Bozo had a great season after being thrown in the deep end last year, and I hope his good form can continue on this season.
But, I'm a bit of a fan of Crackers also, and I'd dearly love to see him regain his 99 form. He will be a major plus for the team if he can get himself right to play.
Maybe Crackers and Bozo can share the ruck duties, and maybe Crackers could have a stint down back and kick a few goals this year.
But lets not forget guys like Trent, Jamie and Dylan, where do they fit into all of this.
So many ruckman, so few positions.
cheers....

Hope you guys dont mind me having my 2 cents worth even though i dont barrack for the Lions, Keating in 99 was on the verge of superstardom, i dont know how many times i watched Brisbane play only to see Keats wack the ball 30-40 metres to Voss,Ashcroft and the like, Brisbane got alot of esay goal through the big man, Beau will have his day but a fully fit Keating is the envy of many

Just wondering if Knobel has learnt to take a contested mark yet ? He should get the old videos out and have a look at Gary Dempsey.

Keating is the KEY player because he can go forward and really hurt the opposition.

I didn't make it to training yesterday arvo - but I have been informed that Keating DID do some light running for the first time, and did the warm up session as well. Now that is a first!

I thought Beau really came on in 2000 and I expect him to play the bulk of 2001 as first ruck. However, if Keating can come back to 100% fitness and form, you can't deny him his spot in first ruck; he just gives the side so much impetus.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back