List Mgmt. Keep/Cut/Trade/Upgrade - Playing list manager 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

It is North supporters suggesting it.

The idea is trade down this year and still get Thomas, and have an additional first round pick next year.
That deal gives them an extra 1st round pick next year to help them lure Kelly from GWS at the end of next season?..they would have 3 1st rouunders to offer if they include their 2020 pick...Kelly would be massive for them

Heard a part of an interview with Barrett this afternoon. He seems convinced that Carlton and GCS will both get PP’s. He stated he expected them to be end of first round. He also mentioned that the AFL have acknowledged that St Kilda’s list is in a world of pain, at that they may also be in line for a PP end of first round as well.

Heard a part of an interview with Barrett this afternoon. He seems convinced that Carlton and GCS will both get PP’s. He stated he expected them to be end of first round. He also mentioned that the AFL have acknowledged that St Kilda’s list is in a world of pain, at that they may also be in line for a PP end of first round as well.

A priority pick for St Kilda? They nearly made the 8 last year!

There is no way the Saints deserve a priority pick.

Would make a mockery of the system as far many lesser teams haven't been given assistance.

Would make a mockery of the system as far many lesser teams haven't been given assistance.
Barrett mentioned that he expected that they'd all be end of first round. GCS I can understand, St Kilda and Carlton not much at all.

Yucky the AFL makes the decision according to their whims.

Yet another way the AFL executives enrich their power over the clubs. Who knows what undisclosed commitments the clubs offer the AFL in order to get their priority pick.

I agree.

I will add that I think it’s a tricky one to judge.

Ideally you should have a low number of wins over several consecutive seasons.

However a well managed club at that point has just had a nice injection of talent and is ready to push up the ladder and the priority pick tops them off nicely.

Whereas a badly run club at that point will set fire to that pick just like their other ones.

If you go early, say you assess St Kilda as having a terrible list and being set for years near the bottom of the ladder - you are just guessing. Who knows if the Saints get a new coach who can actually coach, and one free agent signing, they could challenge for finals. Or not. It’s hard to predict!

So there’s no ideal scenario for the priority pick.

I would be happy with it if it’s teams with low wins over several seasons, and they are forced to trade the pick. So if gives them a player to lift them up the ladder now - rather than a draft pick which does nothing now, but increases their talent peak in a few years.

Why hasn’t Seedsman re-signed yet? This was supposed to be close months ago
I can understand why he would want a long term commitment, and why we might not want to offer it.

Hope he sticks around. Would prefer 2 years to 5 years. List management is hard!

I can understand why he would want a long term commitment, and why we might not want to offer it.

Hope he sticks around. Would prefer 2 years to 5 years. List management is hard!
Has that been confirmed as the hold up?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, starting to get a little worried re this one. Big offers on the table for Polec in Melbourne, Seedsman very much the same vein of player and is actually Victorian. Hopefully not doing a Jack Gunston on us...
Well if port think they are going to get a 1st round pick for polec, seedsmanis very much a similar player and his career numbers are very similar to polec.....but i would much rather keep him as he has been very good for us

It is North supporters suggesting it.

The idea is trade down this year and still get Thomas, and have an additional first round pick next year.

Sydney may be interested in something similar with Blakey.

The way they are travelling, every chance it's a higher pick than NM

No one should ever get PP’s.

They already get the best picks, they have FA for instant improvement and they can trade. They just have to do it better.

Giving picks to clubs because they have made list management mistakes isn’t just advantageous to them it is disadvantaging clubs that have managed their lists well.

Ours and Essendons lists have been built during periods where we have genuinely hindered by the loss of draft picks. There is nothing but poor management behind the state of their lists. They should have to do it with just the mechanisms available to everyone.

Remember Rowie begging one of our club officials during an interview on 5AA to draft Ben Jarman...it was cringe worthy at the time.
Looking at Willie Riolli now we had him right here at the bays and gave that Rookie spot to Jarman.

Jarman was never going to make it. The lack of interest from other clubs at the time said it all

Players who should be part of our future plans:
Milera
Doedee
Smith
Sloane
Brown
Talia
Keath
Seedsman
Knight
MCrouch
Jenkins
Gibbs
Gallucci
Fogarty
Himmelberg
Davis
McPherson
Murphy
Lynch
Betts
O'brien
Dear
Cheney(would only keep as a backup).

Players we should retire
Otten
Gibson(already retired)
Jacobs
Hampton(already retired)

Players we should delist:
Signorello
Jarman
Hunter
Wilson

Players we should trade: (Would only trade some of these players dependant on the deal and who we are planning to draft.)
Kelly
Hartigan
Douglas
Mackay
BCrouch
McGovern
Atkins
Walker
Cey

What do we need:
Quality Midfielders with pace that can two way
Lead Ruckman
Key position Defender with good disposal, decision making and good pace.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back