Certified Legendary Thread Keep North South - Eugene pays us a visit

Remove this Banner Ad

Demetrious kids support Essendon

Like how could you get it so wrong mate
It’s not surprising really. It’s the least likely place that they will run in to a North a supporter.

Could you imaging being at a North club function and getting introduced to Andrew Demetrius’ kids? They would cop s**t all day and all night long.

I know he's a Saints man, but he qualifies as an honorary North supporter in my eyes, and as you could imagine, that's not something I give away easily.

He really was the only bright light in the media when things were looking grim. He was a hero for our club.

Haven’t read through rest of the this thread so people maybe have commented already but Finey wasn’t the only one Rohan Connolly was a leader in promoting North to stay even saw him at the Roosistence gig, what’s amazing is he wrote on the same rag as Caro.

Last edited:
Hey Roo fans.
Just watched the doco. Loved it. So happy and proud you guys are still around. I was cutting onions at the end.

Actively looked for a thread on your board to post.

I’m happy i have a team up here to watch and take my boys to watch. But super happy it’s not the gold coast kangaroos.

All the best for the offseason, draft and trade week.

Hey Roo fans.
Just watched the doco. Loved it. So happy and proud you guys are still around. I was cutting onions at the end.

Actively looked for a thread on your board to post.

I’m happy i have a team up here to watch and take my boys to watch. But super happy it’s not the gold coast kangaroos.

All the best for the offseason, draft and trade week.
Thanks. Obviously our main concern was our club not losing its history and identity, but it came up at the time that if Gold Coast should have a club, it would be better for you to create your own than try to reanimate than the corpse of a relocated one.

I remember pissing off from work early and standing a few feet away from Tony *in Jones giving him a mouthful and then worrying that I was going to get busted with my face in the press the next day. One of the enduring memories of that evening was watching Fatprick Smith stride in like he owned the joint and copping the mother of all barrages. I dont remember his exit.

What a great time to be a North diehard.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Also as an aside, I had my nephews qualifying final on Saturday. He plays for Rupo in Sunbury. That's right all in Sunbury. I took my Mum along. 83. She's starting to struggle a bit up top, but wouldn't miss her grandsons strutting it on the green. We sat beside a solid type. Got to talking footy. Who do you follow, etc. Anyway Mum pipes up with Groggs Dad bought his first membership for him when he was 5. I'm 48 now. My old man passed away when I was 9. The second best thing he ever did for me was welding me to the North Melbourne Football Club. The first was marrying my old Ma. Sorry. Tears streaming down my face as I type this. Love this footy club. Thanks to TOD, Lidge and all the little men who stood up and said * you to the big men. You'll never know what that means to some of us.

I remember pissing off from work early and standing a few feet away from Tony ****in Jones giving him a mouthful and then worrying that I was going to get busted with my face in the press the next day. One of the enduring memories of that evening was watching Fatprick Smith stride in like he owned the joint and copping the mother of all barrages. I dont remember his exit.

What a great time to be a North diehard.

I went into work today and pinned up on the wall is a printed screenshot of some of the crowd from the Dallas Brooks Hall rally with my face circled! No idea who put it there!

Also as an aside, I had my nephews qualifying final on Saturday. He plays for Rupo in Sunbury. That's right all in Sunbury. I took my Mum along. 83. She's starting to struggle a bit up top, but wouldn't miss her grandsons strutting it on the green. We sat beside a solid type. Got to talking footy. Who do you follow, etc. Anyway Mum pipes up with Groggs Dad bought his first membership for him when he was 5. I'm 48 now. My old man passed away when I was 9. The second best thing he ever did for me was welding me to the North Melbourne Football Club. The first was marrying my old Ma. Sorry. Tears streaming down my face as I type this. Love this footy club. Thanks to TOD, Lidge and all the little men who stood up and said **** you to the big men. You'll never know what that means to some of us.

God damm mate. Moving.

Thanks for sharing.

It seemed to me that she wanted to be framed in the doco as an impartial observer to the whole saga

the strange thing about Caro, is, one of her best freinds is a massive north supporter.
when i found that out, i almost pissed myself laughing, in front of said freind.....

Hi Big Footy Crew

I continue to feel unconditional warmth from the North Melbourne family, which as you would all have observed, still has a very powerful impact on me some 6 years after leaving as CEO.

First things first - Heath and Ange did a brilliant job with this masterpiece. Hard to believe when I started in early 2008, we had half a full time person doing our media. Appointing Heath in late 2008 was without a doubt one of the most significant decisions I made. I remember that he actually came across for less than what he was earning at Channel 9. Within a very short period of time he improved our media profile and brand significantly and the rest is history. The best media man in the business. Remember also that North was probably the first club to actually employ a journo to manage an AFL club's media - hard to believe!

The doco speaks for itself and by necessity, a number of things ended up on the cutting room floor. That said, it beautifully captured the mood, emotion and circumstances of the time. Bravo Heath and Ange.

It seems bizarre that someone that supported Collingwood for 40 years would fall so hard for North - many of you would not know that I was actually a Board member at Collingwood. The fact is that North has supporters like no other club. I fell in love with the club as soon as I started to meet the supporters - on a stiflingly hot family day (my first real club supporter function) I was embraced by a supporter who was recovering from cancer - she simply came up to me, embraced me in a hug and said "thank you so much for coming to North". She was tired and weak, yet the sheer love from someone who did not know me was overwhelming. That was it - from that time on it became personal.

Two other observations:
  • it was Saverio Rocca's wife Rosa who convinced me to join the Roos. They are friends and I mentioned to them (down at Rye - where else) that I was thinking about joining the Club, but was not 100% sold on the idea - Eddie McGuire had been on the phone trying to convince me to stay at Collingwood and not go "to that mob". Rosa made a point of saying it was the most welcoming and wonderful club. She told me some of the stories about their time at the Roos and that was it - I was sold!;
  • the other "moment" was the phone call I received from Arch once I was accepted the job (before it was made public). He rang within a few hours of me being appointed and immediately made me feel like he was best mate. He welcomed me in such a genuine way, that I knew I made the right decision. He remains a good friend.
There are so many stories that then floated through the 5 years I was at North - the highs (Mazda renewal, the Huddle, Shareholders, Building, the staff, the players, beating Collingwood in my first year) and a few lows (Boris the chicken, the 100 point losses) - but as I have said previously, the most exhilarating, rewarding, challenging and emotional time of my life. There are a few more stories to tell!!

I will forever be grateful for my time at the Roos and it was an honour that is very humbling - to this day. None of it would have been as rewarding without the support of the North faithful - who always made me feel welcome.

Go Roos!!
Euge

PS - I do not live in Adelaide. Melbourne is my home but my work has me travelling a fair bit, so I can't get to as many games as I would like.

Criminal you got shafted after all you'd done because Terry and Donald blackmailed the club

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wtf is Carey saying that we are becoming a club that’s irrelevant. What an a-hole. We made you Wayne.

When we do well it is US. When we suck it is THEY.

He is just saying that our brand of football is rubbish and almost unwatchable, he isn't far off the mark, it has been too often this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back