Certified Legendary Thread Keep North South - Eugene pays us a visit

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone got a pic of the "Never mind the Gold Coast, here's the Shinboners" T-shirt?

Still got a lot of the stuff myself. My "Keep North South" flyer's have been immortalized in laminate.

Went flicking through one of my boxes of North stuff and found a few of these that are still in good nick:

upload_2018-8-31_4-59-12.png

So lets make this transparent;

LEGENDS
Bobby Ansett, Pete DeRauch, Ronny J, JB, MB, Euge, Fulvio, Arch, Timmy R, Lidge, Sonja, TOD, Roosistence gig crew and volunteers, all the Dallas Hall champions, JYD and the 2007 team, Mazda, Pistol Pete Scanlon, Purple, NMFC members, Aden Street, non guaranteed stadium revenue in QLD

FLOGS
AFL HQ, Dimwitriou, Fitzprick, USC, Duffman, Gilligon and his Island (aka Dreamworld)

How’s my aim?.. I’ll make adjustments as required.

Where is Caro on the hate list?

We really need a North board history thread.

Caro = USC.

One of the more startling inclusions in Heaths doco.

That ****en rat was a straight up propagandist agent of the AFL's relocation push.

LEGENDS
Bobby Ansett, Pete DeRauch, Ronny J, JB, MB, Euge, Fulvio, Arch, Timmy R, Lidge, Sonja, TOD, Roosistence gig crew and volunteers, all the Dallas Hall champions, JYD and the 2007 team, Mazda, Pistol Pete Scanlon, Purple, NMFC members, Aden Street, non guaranteed stadium revenue in QLD

FLOGS
AFL HQ, Dimwitriou, Fitzprick, USC, Duffman, Gilligon and his Island (aka Dreamworld)

How’s my aim?.. I’ll make adjustments as required.
At the time I sent a couple of emails to We Are North Melbourne. I was quickly and courteously responded to from a person that posts here (pretty sure) named Limerick
WANM and Limerick are legends too in my book

Great idea TT. fingers crossed we play GC in ruund 1 ;)
GC in Rd 1 get 40k there, a bunch of us wearing the anti death sentence gear and we smack them by 100 with Gaff and Polec dominaing.

The pre match banner could be "Caro's pipedream or Gillon's nightmare?"

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Anyone got a pic of the "Never mind the Gold Coast, here's the Shinboners" T-shirt?

Still got a lot of the stuff myself. My "Keep North South" flyer's have been immortalized in laminate.

Went flicking through one of my boxes of North stuff and found a few of these that are still in good nick:

View attachment 552117

My sticker still takes pride of place on my fridge.

Attachments

• 9C2F326B-D88D-4947-85A7-E9AE7957E9D2.jpeg
    9C2F326B-D88D-4947-85A7-E9AE7957E9D2.jpeg
    278.3 KB · Views: 87
Looking for a hole in the ground to swallow me up but still, flattered, Sherm.

Although I'm thinking WANM (bam, I am, a man) may not be quite so chuffed by your LEGENDS list. :stern look

I'd be spruiking for pharro and Arden, too. (Latter doesn't seem to get much credit but by my recollection he was integral to Roosistence planning. The proverbial 'fifth Beatle'.)

Speaking of which, IMO all the bands who played at Roosistence should be given automatic legend status. And you should buy their albums. (Except Bouncer who I'm fairly certain don't have any albums. Much to the disappointment of Crazy Q.)
LEGENDS

WANM
Yes that was a Spud-like brain fart to miss WANM. Fixed and 50m penalty conceded by me (ala Spud on a Sunday arvo at Etihad in 2007)

Limerick, Arden and Pharro also added.

Where is Caro on the hate list?
Caro had a choice, be a great journalist and report the truth and risk the wrath of the AFL.
Or take the easy choice and be a mouth piece for the AFL and continue to get insider information.
She chose the path of least resistance and it killed her credentials. Shunned by the clubs forever. Black banned by most VIC club presidents
What she got wrong is the clubs are the AFL. Not the governing body.
Lived by the sword and died by it.
Chose the easy option and it killed her.

I'm happy with that outcome

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One of the more startling inclusions in Heaths doco.

That ****en rat was a straight up propagandist agent of the AFL's relocation push.
The most sickening part was when she said how amazing it was for us to win the fight and stay in NM.. WTF?..

We were fighting her vitriolic spew 99% of the time.. truely bizarre..

Hi Big Footy Crew

I continue to feel unconditional warmth from the North Melbourne family, which as you would all have observed, still has a very powerful impact on me some 6 years after leaving as CEO.

First things first - Heath and Ange did a brilliant job with this masterpiece. Hard to believe when I started in early 2008, we had half a full time person doing our media. Appointing Heath in late 2008 was without a doubt one of the most significant decisions I made. I remember that he actually came across for less than what he was earning at Channel 9. Within a very short period of time he improved our media profile and brand significantly and the rest is history. The best media man in the business. Remember also that North was probably the first club to actually employ a journo to manage an AFL club's media - hard to believe!

The doco speaks for itself and by necessity, a number of things ended up on the cutting room floor. That said, it beautifully captured the mood, emotion and circumstances of the time. Bravo Heath and Ange.

It seems bizarre that someone that supported Collingwood for 40 years would fall so hard for North - many of you would not know that I was actually a Board member at Collingwood. The fact is that North has supporters like no other club. I fell in love with the club as soon as I started to meet the supporters - on a stiflingly hot family day (my first real club supporter function) I was embraced by a supporter who was recovering from cancer - she simply came up to me, embraced me in a hug and said "thank you so much for coming to North". She was tired and weak, yet the sheer love from someone who did not know me was overwhelming. That was it - from that time on it became personal.

Two other observations:
  • it was Saverio Rocca's wife Rosa who convinced me to join the Roos. They are friends and I mentioned to them (down at Rye - where else) that I was thinking about joining the Club, but was not 100% sold on the idea - Eddie McGuire had been on the phone trying to convince me to stay at Collingwood and not go "to that mob". Rosa made a point of saying it was the most welcoming and wonderful club. She told me some of the stories about their time at the Roos and that was it - I was sold!;
  • the other "moment" was the phone call I received from Arch once I was accepted the job (before it was made public). He rang within a few hours of me being appointed and immediately made me feel like he was best mate. He welcomed me in such a genuine way, that I knew I made the right decision. He remains a good friend.
There are so many stories that then floated through the 5 years I was at North - the highs (Mazda renewal, the Huddle, Shareholders, Building, the staff, the players, beating Collingwood in my first year) and a few lows (Boris the chicken, the 100 point losses) - but as I have said previously, the most exhilarating, rewarding, challenging and emotional time of my life. There are a few more stories to tell!!

I will forever be grateful for my time at the Roos and it was an honour that is very humbling - to this day. None of it would have been as rewarding without the support of the North faithful - who always made me feel welcome.

Go Roos!!
Euge

PS - I do not live in Adelaide. Melbourne is my home but my work has me travelling a fair bit, so I can't get to as many games as I would like.

th

Caro had a choice, be a great journalist and report the truth and risk the wrath of the AFL.
Or take the easy choice and be a mouth piece for the AFL and continue to get insider information.
She chose the path of least resistance and it killed her credentials. Shunned by the clubs forever. Black banned by most VIC club presidents
What she got wrong is the clubs are the AFL. Not the governing body.
Lived by the sword and died by it.
Chose the easy option and it killed her.

I'm happy with that outcome

Still on speed dial to Gill, whether welcome or not. She knew and reported the truth of was happening - big tick - but instead of being an impartial observer, she constantly framed it with her own opinion and well-worn negative language in what effectively became an active and relentless campaign to help the AFL and the rats in our ranks get the outcome they wanted. There's a lot about her career I admire - I'd admire her more if she reflected on her own part in this and acknowledged she backed a horse and it was the wrong one.

Still on speed dial to Gill, whether welcome or not. She knew and reported the truth of was happening - big tick - but instead of being an impartial observer, she constantly framed it with her own opinion and well-worn negative language in what effectively became an active and relentless campaign to help the AFL and the rats in our ranks get the outcome they wanted. There's a lot about her career I admire - I'd admire her more if she reflected on her own part in this and acknowledged she backed a horse and it was the wrong one.
You said it better then me.
Yes still on speed dial to Gill.
Problem for her she is on blocked by the clubs.
That's where the stories are.

The most sickening part was when she said how amazing it was for us to win the fight and stay in NM.. WTF?..

I almost spat my coffee out at that bit.

"Full credit to North for fighting back against the AFL etc etc"

I mean WTF, half the s**t that flashed up was articles from her, she even admitted to continually being briefed by the AFL on our problems etc.

I wonder how much is forward posturing from the club. I can't think of any other reason.

I’m surprised it took so long in the thread for this narrative to get up and going, to be honest. I’m not as “anti-Caro” as others. However, I was flabbergasted by her comments in the doco. It was almost like she reckoned she helped us out. In a way she did. But not in a good way...

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

LEGENDS
Bobby Ansett, Pete DeRauch, Ronny J, JB, MB, Euge, Fulvio, Arch, Timmy R, Lidge, Sonja, WANM, TOD, Limerick, Pharro, Arden Roosistence gig crew and volunteers, all the Dallas Hall champions, JYD and the 2007 team, Mazda, Pistol Pete Scanlon, Purple, NMFC members, Arden Street, non guaranteed stadium revenue in QLD,

FLOGS

I’ll make adjustments as required because there’s so mamy people that need to be recognised as legends.
Help me out.
Where do the likes of Ron Barrassi and Allen Aylett fit here?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back