Certified Legendary Thread Keep North South - Eugene pays us a visit

DrZaius

GENERATIONAL
Mar 28, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
norf
I have nothing to support this but notice the backdrop and the tone of Caros interview in the doco and it’s light hearted, positive, like she was a protagonist.
Make no mistake I have no doubt she only agreed to be interviewed and to appear on the doco on the proviso her issues with JB werent mentioned and that she wasn’t leading the charge in the media.
She comes out looking like a saint

It seemed to me that she wanted to be framed in the doco as an impartial observer to the whole saga

kaboom kid

From the River to the Sea, Israel will be free.
Apr 28, 2016
Destination club
AFL Club
North Melbourne
It seemed to me that she wanted to be framed in the doco as an impartial observer to the whole saga
Yeah. What a crock. She was the AFL's mouthpiece that's for sure. To allow her on to this documentary was a disgrace IMO. I cannot believe the barefaced cheek to say that neither the AFL nor the NMFC board came out of this well. Well how about you Caro ? You were happy to destroy a club in order to pursue your petty and selfish agenda. An oxygen thief of the highest order. And as for Demetriou, complete Judas Scum. I am ashamed to admit I liked him as a player. What a sellout. Corrupted by hollow AFL bullshit. Compare that to the passion of true North Melbourne people like James Brayshaw, Glen Archer, Peter Scanlon et al.

lets not forget the apes:
planet-of-the-apes-1968.jpg

I love it how Dr Zaius was the only one who liked this post.

Can someone remind me who played in the Wright’s that night?

Chris from Living End. The drummer from Spiderbait, the bassist from you am I, the singer from Jet.

Cheers. So basically most of em except Bernard Fanning, what a line up that night was, hard to believe.

Just to ever-so-slightly expand on what Peanut à L'Orange said.....

...it was Phil Jamieson (Grinspoon), Davey Lane (You Am I), Chris Cheney (The Living End), Nic Cester (Jet), Pat Bourke (Dallas Crane), and Kram from Spiderbait.

They should have got North supporter John Farnham to perform as well.
Yeah, good call. Definite oversight on our part.

giphy.gif

I remember a game in 2012 against the Gold Coast Suns (funnily enough) at Etihad where my Dad and I were sitting on the fence on level one about 90 minutes before the start of the game. Eugene was walking along the boundary line in front of us and said g'day to my Dad and I. They both engaged in a small conversation, where I think Eugene asked where we came from to watch the game. After hearing we came from over four hours away, he personally invited us down to the change rooms for the remainder of the pre-game.

As we left after the boys ran out, he shook my hand and told me to make sure I'm back in the rooms after the game to watch the boys sing Hearts to Hearts.

What a bloody legend of the North Melbourne Football Club.

That is so awesome!! :thumbsu: A completely opposite thing happened to us one day. We were in the lift going up from the Etihad carpark. Four of us (three older ladies and myself - not quite as old! :D) and all long-term members. We were all dressed in our North Melbourne colours. Then Graham Duff and three others entered the lift too. There was nothing from Duff; no words were spoken, not even a smile or a ‘Go Roos! How do you think we will go today?’ :rolleyes:

Then Graham Duff and three others entered the lift too.

vYAqJIzok72uU5CBEMVgkjbq3apsmerl64WrIXiBWpsVLQWwUuv6DL45qFK2V985h2SHahymYzcQl_nJhOpqJ_iiaTIb-IeBz_505L69qV3ADRnFZhUuSeG9EyUeziyiLETyg194o2d76fsGudveSjnLpqHt__wFpgffU1aKlC2lKhCeNdqovZJjH9XKww7cs2UfhdMA-_FuoQ=w324-h455-nc

I presume this was two of them with Duff. Who was the third? If I could find RB's legendary pic of The Chief on his couch I'd suspect that would account for the third one.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
That is so awesome!! :thumbsu: A completely opposite thing happened to us one day. We were in the lift going up from the Etihad carpark. Four of us (three older ladies and myself - not quite as old! :D) and all long-term members. We were all dressed in our North Melbourne colours. Then Graham Duff and three others entered the lift too. There was nothing from Duff; no words were spoken, not even a smile or a ‘Go Roos! How do you think we will go today?’ :rolleyes:

It's pretty obvious that he was an inside hatchet man for the AFL.

naturally north

Cancelled
10k Posts
Sep 8, 2008
Waiting for Lindsay Thomas
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
T**ty Bong two's
I have nothing to support this but notice the backdrop and the tone of Caros interview in the doco and it’s light hearted, positive, like she was a protagonist.
Make no mistake I have no doubt she only agreed to be interviewed and to appear on the doco on the proviso her issues with JB werent mentioned and that she wasn’t leading the charge in the media.
She comes out looking like a saint

"So down the great dragon was hurled, the original serpent, the one called Devil and Satan, who is misleading the entire inhabited earth; he was hurled down to the earth, and his angels were hurled down with him. “On this account be glad, you heavens and you who reside in them! Woe for the earth and for the sea, because the Devil has come down to you, having great anger, knowing that he has a short period of time.”
  • Revelation 12:9, 12

hale

Team Captain
May 18, 2001
WA
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangas
I am not sure if that archive of articles still exists, but she wasn't warning the supporters of an impending crisis, although that is what we saw it to be. Her role was that of propaganda...
Did vomit a little when Caro said something about the media being full of negative stories about North. Well yeah - you wrote most of them!
A bit of revisionism going on with USC. She was the AFL's mouthpiece. Basically promoted their line in the spirit of Goebbels. She may have had some inside info, but ended up betting on the wrong horse. Her North-hating was veiled but always present.

Too right utility. For those who've forgotten, here's an archived link to the collection of her 'articles' from the time.

Propaganda: Caroline Wilson [from goldcoasttruth.org]

Orange Peanut

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 6, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
"So down the great dragon was hurled, the original serpent, the one called Devil and Satan, who is misleading the entire inhabited earth; he was hurled down to the earth, and his angels were hurled down with him. “On this account be glad, you heavens and you who reside in them! Woe for the earth and for the sea, because the Devil has come down to you, having great anger, knowing that he has a short period of time.”
  • Revelation 12:9, 12
You could have just said we missed out on Gaff dude :thumbsdown:

vYAqJIzok72uU5CBEMVgkjbq3apsmerl64WrIXiBWpsVLQWwUuv6DL45qFK2V985h2SHahymYzcQl_nJhOpqJ_iiaTIb-IeBz_505L69qV3ADRnFZhUuSeG9EyUeziyiLETyg194o2d76fsGudveSjnLpqHt__wFpgffU1aKlC2lKhCeNdqovZJjH9XKww7cs2UfhdMA-_FuoQ=w324-h455-nc

I presume this was two of them with Duff. Who was the third? If I could find RB's legendary pic of The Chief on his couch I'd suspect that would account for the third one.

Haha! I still love that image! It is an absolute classic!! :D (By the way, can someone remind me who Mark Johnson is?).

I’m pretty sure one of the people in the lift would have been Duff’s wife. The other couple were a man and woman of similar vintage. Duff was probably too focused on making it to the North pre-game luncheon in time to get his share of the lobster so wasn’t in the mood to make small talk with North Melbourne members/supporters. :rolleyes:

Jindrrk

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 20, 2016
Macau
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
*, St Dwarves, Lolmond
I know Finey used to go on about Caro post all this happening and I wasn't listening to SEN at that point. He used to promote that site about Caro over this from time to time and was always kind to North on radio.

Never ever forget Finey at 19:00.

ysAkBto.jpg

Not sure who wrote (the original one before my above edit) but its brilliant, thought I'd give Finey some credit as he'd be the type of guy who would.

Anyway thanks for the doc North. I didn't know about a lot of the back story due to some stuff going on in my life at those times....but I did know James was a big part of it.

Last edited:
I know Finey used to go on about Caro post all this happening and I wasn't listening to SEN at that point. He used to promote that site about Caro over this from time to time and was always kind to North on radio.

Never ever forget Finey at 19:00.

ysAkBto.jpg

Not sure who wrote (the original one before my above edit) but its brilliant, thought I'd give Finey some credit as he'd be the type of guy who would.

Anyway thanks for the doc North. I didn't know about a lot of the back story due to some stuff going on in my life at those times....but I did know James was a big part of it.
Now we know why finey was sacked. He was calling hutchy jabba in 2007!

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Who made it possible for us to vote board members in? Is that what made it possible for RJ to get on the board?

The ATO. We were going to get stripped of our tax exempt status because we didn't have an acceptable club structure (* me how Swans, Adelaide, Port, Fremantle and West Coast don't cop the same treatment as they have zero representation and no member rights). If memory serves me right, this was the vehicle Euge used to get the shareholders to release their shares, because we would have ultimately lost our tax exempt status if we continued to be in effect privately owned.

The ATO. We were going to get stripped of our tax exempt status because we didn't have an acceptable club structure (**** me how Swans, Adelaide, Port, Fremantle and West Coast don't cop the same treatment as they have zero representation and no member rights). If memory serves me right, this was the vehicle Euge used to get the shareholders to release their shares, because we would have ultimately lost our tax exempt status if we continued to be in effect privately owned.

So the ATO saved our club? lol

Colbys Boots

Premium Gold
Oct 3, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The ATO. We were going to get stripped of our tax exempt status because we didn't have an acceptable club structure (**** me how Swans, Adelaide, Port, Fremantle and West Coast don't cop the same treatment as they have zero representation and no member rights). If memory serves me right, this was the vehicle Euge used to get the shareholders to release their shares, because we would have ultimately lost our tax exempt status if we continued to be in effect privately owned.

I don't believe the ATO ever actually made a move on the club. It was a legal opinion that the club sought and received that led them to agree to allow the members to elect 3 board members while the shareholders also elected a number of board members.

Back