JackFlash

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 28, 2012
Docklands
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
QPR, Buffalo Bills, McLaren F1
A very important part of footy news when i was growing up...A sad day! Somebody you could trust with the news, nobody like him today!

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bunk Moreland

Hall of Famer
Sep 22, 2011
Your girlfriend's dreams
AFL Club
Essendon
Few good stories going around today. Good one about him calling the SANFL in 1990 to get a few quotes about Port Adelaide leaving for the AFL.

He actually didn’t know at the time that Port had done the deal with the AFL in secret, behind the backs of the other SANFL clubs and in violation of a pact that no SANFL club would break away without agreement or before 1993. So he’d inadvertently blown the whole thing open.

He got a few quotes, none that were printable however.

Kapow!!!

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 29, 2003
Queensland
AFL Club
Fremantle
Outside of the dulcet sounds of Diesel and Hunters and Collectors his was the most recognisable voice of AFL of the burgeoning AFL era with the scoops around the grounds. Vale, a treasured memory of many nostalgic AFL fans :(

PetterdHoisted

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 27, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
How did media ownership work back then?

was Herald-Sun journo, right? But appeared briefly on Channel 9 Sunday mornings? All very vague memories.

Mentioned above he was a Pies fan, but I never detected any bias? unlike todays conflicted mess...

Freomaniac

Brownlow Medallist
May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man City, Valencia, Lazio, Panthers
Outside of the dulcet sounds of Diesel and Hunters and Collectors his was the most recognisable voice of AFL of the burgeoning AFL era with the scoops around the grounds. Vale, a treasured memory of many nostalgic AFL fans :(
Agreed

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad