Strategy Keeping a Close Eye On: Chappy, Fagan, Roo, Reid, Shutts, Hass, Hart...

Who will leave the club first:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Feb 14, 2006
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
In the Advertiser this morning, it sounds like the review has found a conflict of interest with Ricciuto between all his media commitments and being involved with the club and that he needs to address it. Chapman is quoted as saying he hopes Ricciuto stays as he is passionate about the club but I presume its the media commitments earning the money ! Will be interesting to see what eventuates

conVINCEd

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 15, 2003
Brisbane
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Crows
In the Advertiser this morning, it sounds like the review has found a conflict of interest with Ricciuto between all his media commitments and being involved with the club and that he needs to address it. Chapman is quoted as saying he hopes Ricciuto stays as he is passionate about the club but I presume its the media commitments earning the money ! Will be interesting to see what eventuates

It can be done and done pretty successfully - eg Eddie McGuire; hate him or really dislike him, he has a massive media profile yet continues to lead a strong club.

Nov 1, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Do you accept mediocrity in your own life as much as you do from within the AFC?
Do you think 20 years without a premiership from a supposed power House club is some sort of fluke?

Don't be so naive.
A real supporter wants what is best for their club, not all swept under the carpet.

Maybe you should stick to serving lattes to imaginary people?

mattymac

Why no midfield crowz?
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2009
Yes
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
No
but he hasnt done that part either.
Under the circumstances he has. He was forced to recruit Gibbs by Fagan so had to yield to some extent. The deals he got for Lever, Cameron and Gov were practically universally accepted as the best we could hope for when they took place.

Thegibbsgamble

I beg to meg
Oct 28, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
We needed an experienced coach after Walsh. That's the moment the worm turned. We never replaced Bailey. The review thinks we need someone like him.

Fagan is controllable.

But shutts is nothing but a journo who was trained to Protect corparations, a boys club appointment. He treats us like commercial Media treat the public. Our cLub treats us this way, hence why he was appointed. The club needs to use the media to reach out to us, not to keep us in a box, Keep the revenue flowing.

Roo today said that maybe his role in the media is an issue and he May be stepping back. But he also said the coach hasn't been picked yet so is he full of s**t about everything or is he for real?

Roo is the board member who deals with football department. All blame is being put on the football department. Two sackings and a coach who got a tap on the shoulder
and offered the chance to leave before fired.
Roo somehow avoids accountability. These weren't minor personnel Changes, these were major. You have to fire roo as well. He can't be given another chance, after overseeing such catastrophe in a multi million dollar professional sport enviorememt

But it is a boys club and they cant find another boy to replace him. We need men not boys. Roo is a little Boy.

Thegibbsgamble

I beg to meg
Oct 28, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
I find it interesting that in all South Australia only one man is capable of replacing chappy and unfortunately he past away recently.

So no one else is capable of replacing chappy, so he stays 😏

Chapman should be in gaol. The head of the accc says various banks formed a criminal cartel. He's up to his neck in it, the banks he's run have done some pretty serious s**t outlined in the Royal. Commission.

Were not going to get anything else while this hardened crim escapes Justice.

Oct 20, 2015
In a Galaxy Far, Far Away
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
Hart has to go. Has been shown multiple times and not just at the AFC that he can't coach. I expect this happen within a week of the new coach announcement, possibly at the same time
Chapman should go now, most agree on this I think, he's presided over too many problems, but it's not happening for 12 months. We will have to accept that and look forward to when he's gone
Roo I think should go, I do think he has the best interests of the club at heart but he can't see that clearly, and is not effective enough at management
Hass I am in 2 minds about. This time last year I had the pitchfork out, however with Saunders now overseeing him our injury rate and injury management seemed significantly better.
If Shutts is the architect of our media strategy then has to go immediately. Has basically turned everyone on the club. If its not his plan then whoever's it was should go. If he is just the messenger then meh who cares
Fagan has the clubs finances going well. Needs to be more hands on on the football side of things I think to be truly effective. Keep for now.
Reid since the Gibbs deal has been quite effective in negotiating deals. As others have stated he's not the one forcing people out but he is getting decent deals for the club. Signing players to long term contracts because we were supposedly in a window was a club strategy not a reid strategy. Keep.

Chapman should be in gaol. The head of the accc says various banks formed a criminal cartel. He's up to his neck in it, the banks he's run have done some pretty serious s**t outlined in the Royal. Commission.

* a duck. This is little graham-esque

Thegibbsgamble

I beg to meg
Oct 28, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Shitts/shuts is perfect what he was hired for. To protect the boys club. Not long ago our chief of police at the time had family or close friends throughout the media court reporting. Others know this South Australian cUlture as the family.

Roos best interests are not the clubs, its the empire he's building with Chapmans contacts. Pokie Laws Just got relaxed meaning roos wages to pokie staff goes down as well As revenue going up. Only selfish people invest in pokie machines.

marty36

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Hart has to go. Has been shown multiple times and not just at the AFC that he can't coach. I expect this happen within a week of the new coach announcement, possibly at the same time
Chapman should go now, most agree on this I think, he's presided over too many problems, but it's not happening for 12 months. We will have to accept that and look forward to when he's gone
Roo I think should go, I do think he has the best interests of the club at heart but he can't see that clearly, and is not effective enough at management
Hass I am in 2 minds about. This time last year I had the pitchfork out, however with Saunders now overseeing him our injury rate and injury management seemed significantly better.
If Shutts is the architect of our media strategy then has to go immediately. Has basically turned everyone on the club. If its not his plan then whoever's it was should go. If he is just the messenger then meh who cares
Fagan has the clubs finances going well. Needs to be more hands on on the football side of things I think to be truly effective. Keep for now.
Reid since the Gibbs deal has been quite effective in negotiating deals. As others have stated he's not the one forcing people out but he is getting decent deals for the club. Signing players to long term contracts because we were supposedly in a window was a club strategy not a reid strategy. Keep.

Who is the highest paid out of all those mentioned

I would say chapman is the got to man in charge of finance its clearly his area of knowledge, when any board member is looking for direction from another board member.

Sep 29, 2007
The Kop
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Socceroos-LFC-Crows-Adel.United

Didn't hear he was involved in this.

Thegibbsgamble

I beg to meg
Oct 28, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Didn't hear he was involved in this.
Go to his wiki page, look at the roles he's filled. Then Google those businesses involvement in the Royal cOmission at the time of his leadership.

Google head of accc says banks formed a criminal cartel and see if any bank he's held executive leadership roles involved.

He's above the law not just accountability as our chairman.

Thegibbsgamble

I beg to meg
Oct 28, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Elliot at carlton
Kennett at hawthorn
Stynes at melbourne
Insert coke heads name in charge of West Coast.
Skaise at the bears
Eddleston at Sydney.

It's not as if there's s No precendent for psychopaths to Make chairman of football clubs.

Scrogdogg

Club Legend
May 29, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
I find it interesting that in all South Australia only one man is capable of replacing chappy and unfortunately he past away recently.

So no one else is capable of replacing chappy, so he stays 😏

Well that's Chappy's thinking. He's a legend in his own lunch hour.

Vhaluus

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 13, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Reid has done a good job. Every time someone leaves he gets max value for them as opposed to the old days of Noble.

Only black mark was the Gibbs trade but that was forced on him by Fagan who ordered him to get it done.

Went too long with some senior contracts but again that was the board's decision. They decided we were still in the window for a few years.

so every good call was his and ever bad one was the board? how convenient.

FantasticShirt

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 6, 2010
Melbourne + Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
We talking about Roo’s comments on MMM yet?

this is from the tiser article and I’ve just copied the relevant bits

Adelaide football director Mark Ricciuto says the Crows are unlikely to name their new coach today and he makes no apologies for speaking his mind in the media after being questioned by the players in the club’s external review.

Ricciuto did however confirm weekend reports that he had been questioned in the club’s review regarding his role as both football director and in the media.

“There were a couple of bits where players just questioned some of the things I’d said later on in the season, when things weren’t going that well,” he said.

“I say things as I see them, and the day I have to stop doing that (is) the day I have to step down from the board, to be honest.

“I am always about honesty and being up front and accurate, and I will continue to be.

I get the impression Roo always thinks he’s the smartest bloke in the room....those comments are *en concerning and almost sounded worse when he said them live.

Roo’s role in the media and on the board of the AFC are a massive conflict. Kochie, Eddie etc all have similar roles but they manage to use it for the good of their clubs (in most cases). I feel like Roo spends more time causing issues than actually helping.

Get rid.

Elite Crow

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
We talking about Roo’s comments on MMM yet?

this is from the tiser article and I’ve just copied the relevant bits

I get the impression Roo always thinks he’s the smartest bloke in the room....those comments are fu**en concerning and almost sounded worse when he said them live.

Roo’s role in the media and on the board of the AFC are a massive conflict. Kochie, Eddie etc all have similar roles but they manage to use it for the good of their clubs (in most cases). I feel like Roo spends more time causing issues than actually helping.

Get rid.
I’ve got a conspiracy theory. The review didn’t come down well for Roo, but primarily for his backing of Burton and the s**t that followed.

Roos position with the players has suffered. But they would never throw Roo under the bus and make him a casualty of the review, especially when he’s on the coaching panel.

His media role obviously has some conflict. But this wasn’t in the report findings that was released. It was leaked. Why? Nothing else has leaked. Roo was pretty forthcoming today and confrontational about it.

Now when he steps down he can use the excuse that he can’t let the board role get in the way of him being honest in the media. He escapes the scrutiny for his part in this mess.

Just a theory.

Back