Strategy Keeping a Close Eye On: Chappy, Fagan, Roo, Reid, Shutts, Hass, Hart...

Who will leave the club first:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I seem to remember Caro saying something along the lines of the review suggesting that Fagan has little to do with the football side of things.

From what I recall she said that Burton was in charge of the football side of things and would report directly to Roo.

If this is true then Fagan can't be scapegoated for things out of his control.
He runs the entire club including the football department everyone in the ultimately reports to Fagan who then advises the board what's happening and makes certain recommendations to the board which is the whole reason he gets paid the big bucks and the board get paid nothing

It's his arse on the line but he does get paid accordingly

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Any word on whether Hart is sticking around? Surely we can find him a role where he can't get within 200m of our players.

Last edited:
Saying they were asleep at the wheel implies ignorance on their part. I don't really believe that at all. They were making calculated decisions to protect the boys club and themselves. These people might care about the club but they care about keeping their own positions even more.
I don't think it was calculated OR evil. I think they have good intentions. I think what has to be questioned is competency.

I don't think it was calculated OR evil. I think they have good intentions. I think what has to be questioned is competency.
They clearly knew the damage Burton was doing and did nothing until they had no choice but to call a review. This on the back of his dodgy appointment and promotion. They are as dodgy as it gets.

lol I wasn't calling them evil. Calculated yes. You've tried to peddle the idea that Rob is just ignorant but I have a hard time believing that and even if it were true, it doesn't absolve him of responsibility.

I don't know why you care about good intentions btw. I'm sure Brendan Bolton had good intentions and busted his ass every day, didn't change the fact he was a s**t coach. I'm sure pretty much every unsuccessful person working in the league had good intentions. The thing is, this is elite sport and it doesn't matter how well meaning you are if the results aren't there.

I'd like to see Shuttleworth's exact role description. If he's responsible for guiding our PR strategy, he should have been given his marching orders a ******* long time ago.
His scorched earth policy doesn't seem to be working. I'm not sure I'm all that keen on having a PR guy who takes his cues from Stalin. Then again I might be reading that wrong. Maybe he isn't intentionally destroying our relationship with the media, might just be a happy accident.

His scorched earth policy doesn't seem to be working. I'm not sure I'm all that keen on having a PR guy who takes his cues from Stalin. Then again I might be reading that wrong. Maybe he isn't intentionally destroying our relationship with the media, might just be a happy accident.

I guess there is also the possibility that he provides advice which is duly noted and promptly ignored.

I agree

It's almost comical how bad things have been under his watch and yet here he is still leading the football club.

It's a prime example of the toxic boy's club mentality of the club, it's the same mentality that protected Burton and was continuing to protect him until their hand was forced.

what’s even more comical is that he rates himself so highly that he can’t just resign and be replaced, he has to groom and train the replacement.

So, have the key findings of the review been released yet?
Or are we just hoping everyone forgets about it??
Or has it been filed alongside the Tippet 'truth' we are still waiting for?

Good question, I guess once we had a couple of departures, and the review told us what an absolute top shelf operator Chapman was (interesting that they released THAT particular piece of information), there was nothing else of value to be learnt from?

Getting rid of pyke, Campo and birdman was a good start, but chappy, roo, Fagan, Reid, Shutts & Hart are incredibly lucky to still be at the club.

View attachment 762883

Will be keeping a close eye on these guys, if they screw up again, they're out.

View attachment 762886
I read a lot and say little.

You seem to have as little respect as any other poster on this board.

How are you qualified to provide informed comment? Experienced successful Mgt Consultant? MBA from AGSM or similar? Senior experience within AFL ranks?

You seem to a poster that rates himself incredibly highly without any substance to back up. You have proven to lie recently and feel the need to repeatedly force your “ratings” of draftees despite admitting you view very little base content. Your current lovefest with WW is truly sickening.

In life it’s importamt people understand their relative position :)

I read a lot and say little.

You seem to have as little respect as any other poster on this board.

How are you qualified to provide informed comment? Experienced successful Mgt Consultant? MBA from AGSM or similar? Senior experience within AFL ranks?

You seem to a poster that rates himself incredibly highly without any substance to back up. You have proven to lie recently and feel the need to repeatedly force your “ratings” of draftees despite admitting you view very little base content. Your current lovefest with WW is truly sickening.

In life it’s importamt people understand their relative position :)

This has to be Sanders

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surprised Reid doesn't get the scrutiny he deserves.
Been a total failure in my opinion.
That depends. Is he the powerbroker that makes all the decisions? Or is he just the lackey that gets the job done (or not)? Don't get me wrong, I don't think he should even be at the Club... but I'm not sure he's all that responsible for much.

That depends. Is he the powerbroker that makes all the decisions? Or is he just the lackey that gets the job done (or not)? Don't get me wrong, I don't think he should even be at the Club... but I'm not sure he's all that responsible for much.
Fair Point Jen.
Probably more Roos puppet.

People don't understand the role. He's exactly as you described. Look at the the guy the Saints employed to do the job. What Reid brings to the table outside of negotiation and general understanding of player values is basic administrative skills. The role doesn't make decisions, they input into them with what they bring and then they implement them.

what has he "got done"

even if he wasjust acting on orders, he has executed those orders extremely poorly.

Trades have very rarely been good value for us. Contracts for players have been too long and too much etc.

Back