ioppolo

This only ends one way.
Oct 3, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea, OKC Thunder, Scorchers
So it appears my pool is the favourite spot of the frogs of the street. Three times I've had to collect their spawn from my pool, and I can hear two of them out there presumably mating so that I can clean out more spawn tomorrow. I do clean and salt my pool. It's not green. In fact it was freshly chlorinated today.

Is there a way to stop them from constantly coming back?

Dilute salt into a bucket of water (about 1kg of table salt per 10L bucket) and pour this salty water around the edge of the pool. When the water evaporates there will be a light coverage of salt over the area. The salt is uncomfortable to the frogs' feet (flippers?) and will deter them without harming them.Mar 2, 2017

How do you keep frogs away?
If you want to get rid of them, or wonder what keeps frogs away from your house, try the following methods:
  1. Spread salt or coffee grounds around the house.
  2. Use a solution of water and vinegar to repel tree frogs.
  3. Mix 1 lb of dry citric acid in 1 gallon of water and spray the frog-infested areas.

How to Keep Frogs Out of Your Pool (swimuniversity.com)

Buy a Frog Log
Want to help frogs get out of your pool if they fall or jump in? For less than 20 bucks, you can place a frog log, critter net, or rescue ramp near the pool’s edge. It’s held down on the deck by a weight, and attaches to a small pad or ramp that floats on the water.

Frogs (and other small animals like mice and even birds) can climb up onto the pad, and then climb out of the pool. No mess to clean up. No dead animals. No guilt. No crying when the kids come outside and find a cute little frog dead in the pool.

They’re so inexpensive, you can buy a few and place them around the pool for best results. And it’s a much more affordable option than installing a fence or buying a heater.

:smilev1:

And also please remember to post an update on the frogs. Its about all i have to look forward to rn.
Well they weren't there this morning and no new eggs so they might've just used my pool as a one night stand location

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back