Keith Flint prodigy singer dies at 49

Remove this Banner Ad

Another suicide apparently, sad news.

The Fat of the Land was one of my 'coming of age' albums as a teen. Saw them live at BDO back in the day... I was off my tree sitting up the back on a sulo bin watching the mosh pit and it was the most beautifully synchronised mosh I've ever seen. One big living, breathing organism in sync with the energy they were putting out.

Yeah, just heard about this as I was going to bed, sad news, and a very formative coming-of-age window for many. The Fat of the Land was one of those 90s genre breakthroughs into the mainstream, and a record-breaking album on release.

Breathe was the longest-running top 10 single (24 weeks) in Australian chart music between 1977-2016.

Feels like the celebrity death floodgates have sadly opened in 2016-esque fashion since Albert Finney a month back. Recently had the likes of Mark Hollis, Stanley Donen, Bruce Ganz, Luke Perry, etc.

They were definitive in early rave scene of the 90s and somehow changed their sound to more punk/dance in the late 90s, two seminal albums at each end of the decade.

Sad news.

We often forget how good the 90s were, so many good artists, it was on par with the greatness of the 60s/70s era in terms of excitement factor and a lot of it crossing over into the mainstream. Something that’s just doesn’t happen anymore.

Breathe did very well commercially.

Good songs just don’t come to the mainstream anymore, which is very sad.

Last edited:
He talked about killing himself for a while
Woz it a depression thing ?
his wife left
is there a angle that makes sense for him ? not growin old bla bla

He talked about killing himself for a while
Woz it a depression thing ?
his wife left
is there a angle that makes sense for him ? not growin old bla bla

Apparently he said in an interview like a month ago, something along the lines of when he's over it he will just kill himself

Apparently he said in an interview like a month ago, something along the lines of when he's over it he will just kill himself
even back in 90s he talked about that
as long as ya don't have kids then i dont see wotz wrong with pulling ya own plug

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That interview was about 4 years ago.

Sounds like depression took over. Split from his wife, begged her to come back, felt he was over touring the prodigy, had to sell his house as he couldnt afford to keep it.

Sounds like it just all became too much. Very sad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back