Keith Pitt the lobby group for coal within government.

Remove this Banner Ad

Got it, I responded to your suggestion:

Happy to acknowledge I dont have the tech understanding of how hydrogen is such a break though in terms of clean energy, but I am wary of our ability to be large scale manufacturers any time soon.

Hydrogen can be produced by the electrolysis of water. Pass electric current through H2O and it splits into hydrogen and oxygen - one type from each electrode.

Along with battery storage and pumped hydro, it is one of the three main ideas of how to store renewable energy in case the sun isn't shining or the wind is not blowing.

Got it, I responded to your suggestion:

Happy to acknowledge I dont have the tech understanding of how hydrogen is such a break though in terms of clean energy, but I am wary of our ability to be large scale manufacturers any time soon.

hard to make without competing for fresh water
hard to make as electrodes corrode in hours if salt or brackish
hard to convert to liquid as it requires minus 250 degrees
hard to transport unless converted to ammonia
hard to transport as it is crazy explosive
hard to transport as it makes metal brittle...........hmmm

I have no doubt it is the future but we are a long way away in terms of engineering and economics

Hydrogen can be produced by the electrolysis of water. Pass electric current through H2O and it splits into hydrogen and oxygen - one type from each electrode.

Along with battery storage and pumped hydro, it is one of the three main ideas of how to store renewable energy in case the sun isn't shining or the wind is not blowing.
...but as soon as you mention hydrogen powered cars, the greenies lose their minds. Much more efficient and less cumbersome than electric.

...but as soon as you mention hydrogen powered cars, the greenies lose their minds. Much more efficient and less cumbersome than electric.

I don't think hydrogen powered cars are realistic. I see hydrogen being more suited to larger scale uses.

The problem is where hydrogen comes from of course, right now most industrial hydrogen comes from oil refineries, so it is not really a big improvement over any other oil based product.

I don't think hydrogen powered cars are realistic. I see hydrogen being more suited to larger scale uses.

The problem is where hydrogen comes from of course, right now most industrial hydrogen comes from oil refineries, so it is not really a big improvement over any other oil based product.

Where is Twiggy planning to get it from?

Where is Twiggy planning to get it from?

Dunno. I am not aware of any plan he has with hydrogen. I thought he was in a group that wanted to build a big solar farm out in the Pilbara and send electricity all the way to Singapore via undersea cable.

Labor’s candidate for the federal seat of Flynn has called for the Palaszczuk government to approve stage three of the New Acland mine expansion.
Gladstone mayor Matt Burnett is considered one of the party’s best hopes to win a Queensland seat from the Coalition.

He has joined some of his would-be colleagues, including Blair MP Shayne Neumann and Senator Anthony Chisholm, in calling for the Queensland Premier, Annastacia Palaszczuk, to hasten the approval process for the mine.

Anger in resource regions over the drawn-out approval threatens to derail Anthony Albanese’s election campaign in Queensland and bears parallels to the Adani mine issue that cruelled Bill Shorten’s tilt at the 2019 federal election.

Queensland Labor senator Murray Watt said it was “in everyone’s interest” for the future of the New Acland mine to be resolved by the government “as quickly as possible”.

He said he did not expect coal would play as big a role in the upcoming election as 2019.

“‘Albo’ has been very clear from day one of his leadership that under his leadership Labor supports our mining and resources industries,” Senator Watt said.

“We think we will be mining and exporting coal and gas for a long time to come.”

Looks like another corrupt deal by Keith Pitt and Angus Fraser as they give $21 million of taxpayers money to their mates to start fracking in the NT.

"The Coalition handed three grants for fracking in the Beetaloo Basin to a political donor and Liberal-linked company, which had earlier lobbied federal ministers for information on the funding scheme.

On Wednesday, resources minister Keith Pitt announced that Imperial Oil and Gas, a subsidiary of Empire Energy, would receive $21m in grants through the $50m Beetaloo Cooperative Drilling Program.

The three grants are the first to be awarded through the program and will fund the drilling of three wells in the basin’s east, which the Coalition wants to open up for gas exploration as part of its “gas-led recovery” plan.

The Doongmabulla Springs near Adani’s Carmichael coalmine site with dust visible from land clearing operations
Drop in aquifer levels near Adani mine sparks concern for sacred wetlands
Read more
Environmental groups 35o_Org Australia and Lock the Gate immediately condemned the awarding of the grants to Empire, saying the firm is linked to the Liberal party and has made significant donations to both sides of Northern Territory politics before the territory’s last election."

Looks like another corrupt deal by Keith Pitt and Angus Fraser as they give $21 million of taxpayers money to their mates to start fracking in the NT.

"The Coalition handed three grants for fracking in the Beetaloo Basin to a political donor and Liberal-linked company, which had earlier lobbied federal ministers for information on the funding scheme.

On Wednesday, resources minister Keith Pitt announced that Imperial Oil and Gas, a subsidiary of Empire Energy, would receive $21m in grants through the $50m Beetaloo Cooperative Drilling Program.

The three grants are the first to be awarded through the program and will fund the drilling of three wells in the basin’s east, which the Coalition wants to open up for gas exploration as part of its “gas-led recovery” plan.

The Doongmabulla Springs near Adani’s Carmichael coalmine site with dust visible from land clearing operations
Read more
Environmental groups 35o_Org Australia and Lock the Gate immediately condemned the awarding of the grants to Empire, saying the firm is linked to the Liberal party and has made significant donations to both sides of Northern Territory politics
before the territory’s last election."

That Angus Fraser you refer to, is that Frazer with a 'z' or the other one ?

Corrupt you claim, how so?

Remember you have idea what a monopoly is.

Last edited:
Corrupt you claim, how so?

Remember you have idea what a monopoly is.

Corrupt because they gave $21million dollars of tax payers money to a liberal party lobby group, without tenders, for an expensive fossil fuel project that is a waste of money and unnecessary.
Angus Taylor and Keith Pitt are part of the fossil fuel lobby group and are just passing govt money on to their mates to wreck the environment.
Sounds like corruption, looks like corruption.

Corrupt because they gave $21million dollars of tax payers money to a liberal party lobby group, without tenders, for an expensive fossil fuel project that is a waste of money and unnecessary.
Angus Taylor and Keith Pitt are part of the fossil fuel lobby group and are just passing govt money on to their mates to wreck the environment.
Sounds like corruption, looks like corruption.

Its corrupt because you dont like it.

Its corrupt because you dont like it.
No it's corrupt to favour certain lobby groups because they give you money.
Just because it's normal for the liberal party doesn't mean it's not corrupt.
Keith Pitt and Angus Taylor are corrupt environmental vandals and that's how history will judge them.
Your the first person I've ever spoken to who defends these jerks.
You are also a supporter of fossil fuel corruption for no apparent reason , maybe you could come up with a reason.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Read more
Environmental groups 35o_Org Australia and Lock the Gate immediately condemned the awarding of the grants to Empire, saying the firm is linked to the Liberal party and has made significant donations to both sides of Northern Territory politics before the territory’s last election."

Big Companies donating to the Liberals....bad.
Big Unions donating members funds to the ALP, along with union reps being guaranteed a spot in Parliament and receiving everything the unions want from the ALP....acceptable.

Big Companies donating to the Liberals....bad.
Big Unions donating members funds to the ALP, along with union reps being guaranteed a spot in Parliament and receiving everything the unions want from the ALP....acceptable.
That's why I vote Greens.
Keith pitt is a climate criminal. I hope they can retrospectively convict these bastards for failing in a basic duty of care.

No it's corrupt to favour certain lobby groups because they give you money.
Just because it's normal for the liberal party doesn't mean it's not corrupt.
Keith Pitt and Angus Taylor are corrupt environmental vandals and that's how history will judge them.
Your the first person I've ever spoken to who defends these jerks.
You are also a supporter of fossil fuel corruption for no apparent reason , maybe you could come up with a reason.

Jobs?
IF we stopped mining it would make ZERO difference to the climate.

Jobs?
IF we stopped mining it would make ZERO difference to the climate.

So a job is more important than environmental destruction lol ?

Environment minister Sussan Ley will appeal yesterday’s federal court declaration she had a duty of care to protect Australian children from climate harm that would be caused by the expansion of a coal mining project.

That's why I vote Greens.
Keith pitt is a climate criminal. I hope they can retrospectively convict these bastards for failing in a basic duty of care.
So Keith Pitt is a climate criminal but our Govt's that spend trillions of dollars on defence and developing weapons of mass destruction, having spent 50 years flying B-52's around the globe 24/7, diverting R & D on ways to develop more sophisticated weapons that kill instead of addressing climate change, poverty, eradicating disease, education, modernizing our cities to make them more environmentally friendly...

IF that job made any difference .... how much difference did China stopping importing coal make ... 0.000% difference.
Ok Keith. I'm not sure how you justify your ridiculous arguments to yourself.
I think your main motivation is to try and piss off lefties for entertainment.
It's just a big joke to you.
You'll be blaming arsonists again in the next bushfires that kill 2 billion animals.

Last edited:
Ok Keith. I'm not sure how you justify your ridiculous arguments to yourself.
I think your main motivation is to try and piss off lefties for entertainment.
It's just a big joke to you.
You'll be blaming arsonists again in the next bushfires that kill 2 billion animals.

The bloke* is dealing with real life issues, people stuff like jobs & exports, its not as the climate is not the engine room of record harvests
* wearing the suggestion by the guttersnipe fringe that he is corrupt with absolutely NO evidence.

The bloke* is dealing with real life issues, people stuff like jobs & exports, its not as the climate is not the engine room of record harvests
* wearing the suggestion by the guttersnipe fringe that he is corrupt with absolutely NO evidence.
More jobs to create carbon emissions, good thinking.

More jobs to create carbon emissions, good thinking.

Thing is these jobs, this development, make absolutely no difference to the world. If we dont do it, China, India, Vietnam will get the coal from somewhere else.
Unfortunate that Aussie activists* cant strut their stuff on the world stage, pouting we save the world/look at me (over here), me, me ...

* with fold up soap box manufactured in India

The nonsense that reducing Aus coal exports will have any effect on emissions is demonstrated here:

American coal production this year will swell 15% to meet stronger demand for electricity at home and abroad, according to the U.S. Energy Department’s July outlook. That would be the most since at least 1990 and nearly double the 8% increase projected in May, when the economic rebound was still in earlier stages of recovery.

The shift underscores the vicious circle of climate change as more extreme temperatures drive power demand just as extensive drought cuts output from hydropower dams. That prompts utilities to burn more of the dirtiest fossil fuel, a pattern also exacerbated by high natural gas prices. At the same time, key exporters including Australia and Colombia face supply problems that have helped lift global prices to a 10-year high and added to international demand for U.S. coal exports.

Time the fake news around coal are recognised.

Dunno. I am not aware of any plan he has with hydrogen. I thought he was in a group that wanted to build a big solar farm out in the Pilbara and send electricity all the way to Singapore via undersea cable.

An international consortium plans to build the world's biggest renewable energy hub along the south coast of Western Australia.

Key points:
  • A proposal to build the world's largest renewable energy hub would boost to Australia's energy production
  • Shire of Esperance President Ian Mickel says the project would create jobs for the local community
  • The hub would be established with a partnership with local traditional owners
The Western Green Energy Hub (WGEH) would stretch across 15,000 square kilometres and could produce up to 50 gigawatts of energy.

If it was created, the hub would produce 3.5 million tons of zero carbon green hydrogen, or 20 million tons of green ammonia each year, for both domestic consumption and export.

The group behind the proposal, including Intercontinental Energy and CWP Global, said the green hydrogen market was expected to be worth US$2.5 trillion by 2050.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back