Keith Thomas to finish as PAFC CEO in 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Fair enough that you are pissed off by those tactics, but lets not repeat what professional bullshiters do.

I expect the books for 2019 to look good. GFG came on board for 2019, so we have Oak and GFG which would have offset 3k members who didn't re-sign. GFC are the sole sponsor for 2020 and wouldn't be surprised if they have prepaid some of 2020 rather than upped substantially their 2020 fee over 2019, and somehow we show a big part of that as 2019 income. I reckon other revenue items has been brought forward, and we know expenses have been pushed into 2020 - player salaries are one.

So my guess is - make the books look good in 2019, then in 2020 the accounting trick gets found out, unless we find new revenue streams, we spend up big on the big anniversary, probably dont make finals as "we are playing the kids", KT has resigned, I put my money on Koch saying I've had enough about July next year, they are gone by October 2020 and then both don't have to justify a big loss in February 2021 when the financials are announced and the AGM held.

Kochhead has a marketed air of finance, why would he tarnish his fluffy ego with a loss?

I thought KT was pretty solid those first years, such a massive improvement from the Crows fan.

Maybe Cos Cardone? Experienced, Port man and connected in the politics of Melbourne/AFL

Sign him up

You forgot Eddie's right hand man.

Cardone is an interesting one. There's the perception out there that he's Eddie's bitch and from Lockhart Road' s musings it would appear he's not a big fan of the China project.

On the other hand, I know of a bloke who's sporting management CV is as good as anyone's in the country who's a massive wrap for him.

Cardone is an interesting one. There's the perception out there that he's Eddie's bitch and from Lockhart Road' s musings it would appear he's not a big fan of the China project.

On the other hand, I know of a bloke who's sporting management CV is as good as anyone's in the country who's a massive wrap for him.
Need a business person. The Adelaide Oval business model is broken, if KT is leaving 15 million of debt.

Stability = $15 million in debt.
A strong finals contending Port Adelaide is the only way we survive, it always has been and always will be. My view has always been the opposite to those running the show. They believe stability and big spending on coaches is the way to go. I believe winning games of footy will bring more members, sponsors and respect.
I know the this modern game is much different but all the coaches, players and China deals will not save this club without on field success.

Imo, we have what we need in Montgomery, schofield and Brogan. Remove Hinkley, Voss and Bassett, that would have to be at least 1.8 million saving right there, employ Chocco as player development coach and to oversee Monty and Schofield. Members will return.

Maybe Cos Cardone? Experienced, Port man and connected in the politics of Melbourne/AFL
Cos is a genuine Port man but he is or at least was CEO at McGuire media. Would his relationship with Eddie be a help or a hindrance?

Some have suggested he's 'Eddie's b**ch', they may be aware of something I'm not or simply assuming.

If he can be independent in his thinking and decision making then he would be on the short list.

His CV is strong but what we want and need above a nice CV is someone to come in and implement the non-official creed and be absolutely ruthless in doing so.

Any club worth its salt will clean out its no-hopers from the doorman, to the head trainer, to the captain.

Keeping no-hopers in these positions, or any other position, is the mark of the non-successful club.

You've got to weed out people who breed an atmosphere of non-professionalism.

They're there for the bloody joke, for the social life, for the prestige. They're not there to win!!

Cardone’s past and future livelihood is tied to not rocking the boat within the AFL community. For this reason, much like KT and Vozzo for that matter, he will not be an agitator when we need one.

Better to get a CEO not dependent on the incestuous AFL community for their next job after Port.

KT's words were he wouldn't hesitate to extend Hinkley's tenure mid this season if he were out of contract season's end. It was a real shake head moment. I won't lie, I've wanted him gone for a long time. Poor financials, lack of a second major, failure to capitalise on the boon of the Adelaide oval move. Started off well but the last 5 years have been poor.
Yep, apart from steering us through some dark times early, and the sugar rush of a new coach/ footy dept. in 13/14, it's been mediocre at best and down-right under acheiving at worst.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, apart from steering us through some dark times early, and the sugar rush of a new coach/ footy dept. in 13/14, it's been mediocre at best and down-right under acheiving at worst.
We don't want a sugar hit of making finals says a regime who has lasted seven years and counting of the sugar hit of a shiny new stadium.

My understanding is the AFL needs to ratify any CEO appointment. Would they approve an applicant who doesn't already have experience in the AFL system?

If they did is there an applicant outside the AFL system who is capable and genuinely understands our club?

How about Breeanna Brock? Is she in the same boat as Cos with her career tied to the AFL?

This is so important, particularly as we move towards selecting the new coach.

Just wonder how he would have been judged if we had more success in 2015 and 2017 when we had the list, the talent, but lacked in many areas of the coaching department. I think a lot started to go wrong Hinkley went off the rails and how much can he be blamed for that. Seems like he gave Hinkley enough rope to hang himself. The big issue for mine is that he not only gave Hinkley a reprieve in 2017 but extended his contract by a ridiculous degree for a very average coach.

Not that I follow CEO performance minutely but from the contract extension onwards things seem to have gone downhill markedly. how much of that is putting his faith in a soul-destroying coach history will tell.

Assuming the AFL have already chosen our next CEO?
They haven't chosen him/her yet - there is no rush on their part - but they will have a big say.

His management ability? results achievement? networks?

One thing we know, if Cardone had the ability to get sponsors, he would have already driven that as a board member.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back