Keith Thomas to finish as PAFC CEO in 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Rigs

Club Legend
Oct 10, 2017
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Port Adelaide chief executive officer Keith Thomas has advised the club that he will not seek to extend his contract beyond 31 October 2020.
Mr Thomas, who commenced as CEO in August 2011, says the time is right to start to transition out of the role.
“After more than eight years as CEO of this great club, now feels like the absolute perfect time to start the process of bringing in a new CEO to take Port Adelaide forward beyond 2020,” Mr Thomas said.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

“I have been in discussion with chairman David Koch for some time and we have both agreed this is the best outcome for me personally and, most importantly, for the football club. “Well run football clubs like Port Adelaide do not rush into transitions as important as this. Hence why we have given ourselves plenty of time to make this change in a steady, orderly manner.” “Keith proved very quickly after joining the club that he totally understood the Port Adelaide way and he will leave in 2020 as one of our club’s most popular and respected administrators, as measured by not only the Port Adelaide community, but also by the broader AFL industry.”

Port Adelaide chairman David Koch paid tribute to Mr Thomas.

“All of us at Port Adelaide are custodians of a cultural legacy and our responsibility is to leave the club in a better position than we found it,” Mr Koch said.“I can say categorically that Keith Thomas has left the Port Adelaide Football Club in a vastly better position than when he started. Keith engendered a spirit of humility, expectation and responsibility that lifted the club greatly.

”All of us at Port Adelaide are custodians of a cultural legacy and our responsibility is to leave the club in a better position than we found it,” Mr Koch said.“I can say categorically that Keith Thomas has left the Port Adelaide Football Club in a vastly better position than when he started. Keith engendered a spirit of humility, expectation and responsibility that lifted the club greatly.
* off Kochie you spineless plant

Why is it pathetic?
because instead of the club acknowledging gross mismanagement or holding anyone accountable, now KT gets to hold the course and * off after the big party with wristies coming to him from all around

because instead of the club acknowledging gross mismanagement or holding anyone accountable, now KT gets to hold the course and fu** off after the big party with wristies coming to him from all around

Didn't have the balls to sack him heading into 2020 because that would have been mean.

because instead of the club acknowledging gross mismanagement or holding anyone accountable, now KT gets to hold the course and fu** off after the big party with wristies coming to him from all around
So you wanted him gone but still not happy.

Ports1870 has a fair perspective but why show common decency hey.

I expect you'll be applying for the job given you know absolutely f**k!ng everything.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back