Keith Thomas to finish as PAFC CEO in 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

There is definitely value and wisdom in him offering to stay on for another 12 months in what will be a financial shitshow of a year. Bring someone in when the ship has steadied again. Im ok with that

KT staying on for 2021 may offer some stability in certain areas, but I suspect the trade off will be more of the same old, same old when it comes to the really tough decisions.

Absolutely. They left it too late, should of been cleaned out a year or two ago.

There is definitely value and wisdom in him offering to stay on for another 12 months in what will be a financial shitshow of a year. Bring someone in when the ship has steadied again. Im ok with that
Yep. It I wasn't afraid it was attached to Ken staying I would be all for KT staying.

He is a good operator, especially in a time of crisis.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

He was asked during a supporter Q&A on the club website last week whether he'd consider staying on and he dodged the question - that said to me something was probably up.
I am happy that he might stay on and help the Club through this season. When he first came to the Club it was in a mess, and he helped right the ship.
Some Members said why was he appointed, now maybe same Members want him gone.
I bet Members calling for his head have never spoken to Keith. I have several times. I found he was very interesting to talk to, regarding all things Port.

Last edited:
I am happy that he might stay on and help the Club through this season. When he first came to the Club it was in a mess, and he helped right the ship.
Some Members said why was he appointed, now maybe same Members want him gone.
I bet Members calling for his head have never spoken to Keith. I have several times. I found he was very interesting to talk to, regarding all things Port.

No ever said he was an not a nice man

0 to do with it , it's actually saved him a lot of criticism

There’s a stadium deal that needs renegotiating and I think we know KT isn’t up for that.
Not sure about that. He is an excellent administrator. When an excellent administrator needs to conduct a tough negotiation, he gets someone in to help(if he's not naturally tough himself). That's what is needed. Koch should be knee deep in such a negotiation. It is, after all, a board matter.

r1098373_13222693.JPG

Some people say you're pig-headed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes

Same clowns running the show
Not necessarily. There's still a trigger in that contract and, of course, money talks. If PAFC doesn't make finals and there's a further financial liability by continuing on with a deeply unpopular coach, they'll be rid of him. KT, particularly, isn't stupid, and would know exactly the regard Ken is held in by the broad supporter base after the last two season. We also know finals will trigger the extension that we couldn't afford to pay out (and, frankly, the AFL won't let us).

To my mind the process, if we don't make finals, is straightforward, irrespective of CEO at season's end (or when finals are out of the question):
- Independent panel review of football department and appointment of a new coach

If we make finals and we assume that we're stuck with KH for another year, then:
- Hinkley granted his one year with performance-based extension clause.
- Independent panel review of football department anyway. We haven't had one for a while.

Not sure about that. He is an excellent administrator. When an excellent administrator needs to conduct a tough negotiation, he gets someone in to help(if he's not naturally tough himself). That's what is needed. Koch should be knee deep in such a negotiation. It is, after all, a board matter.
Koch backs down as soon as he's challenged, and doesn't have an eye for small details. He wouldn't be the right person for stadium deal negotiations either.

KT staying on for 2021 may offer some stability in certain areas, but I suspect the trade off will be more of the same old, same old when it comes to the really tough decisions.

Not a great year to give up your income

"Staying the extra year afforded me the opportunity to lock Ken in for another 5 years helping ensure the stability of the club for the long term."

Good news. The timing of him leaving and a new guy getting thrown into the deep end couldn’t have been any worse. And there probably wasn’t too many candidates putting their hands up for the role either given the circumstances.

Reassess next year.

A sensible call.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Keith never wanted to leave but should have circa 2015 and now he wants to extend his resignation !
He is paid in greater half of all AFL CEO’s, has absorbed his role into bringing in more Execs to cover his load. The debt levels, capitalising existing assets, deferring debts into new FY and obeying the SANFL back in late 2013 and stadia deals in same period and being pethetic in the renogiation but blowing his brass trumpet how good he did.
He had to leave after last years financials, the rollover of debts and including accruals of membership revenue into previous year, he has put our Club in a bigger debt than before he arrived.
He took too long to sack Primus, was joined to the hip with Ken and Kochie and his Dream team admin he brought in all failed, were sacked and left the Club worse off whilst losing the great people who were picking up the pieces in 2011-2013. He is a CEO who is burnt out, sits in his office from 5am, carries a bag of ice on family day and sends out comforting emails but besides Margie and the sheep has no respect within the PAFC.
In 2013 when he stood up in front of all us members in the Power gym and said the Magpies would have access to the best under 22’s in the state and we could retain 8 of the existing players, AFL listed players and have zones for the whole of the state with acadamies only for three days later telling the Magpies players in their rooms that we are giving up our juniors and zones, everyone over 22 is gone and Summo is captain was piss weak.
He has done nothing for our Club, Mark Haysman, Steve Weinert etc we’re building the foundations and rolling out AO negotiations. KT, Kockie and Ken came in on the end of it to take the credit.
He should * off back to Norwood and never set foot in Alberton again. Sad thing is we will blame this years $10m loss on Covid when we were already half way there. Get someone in with brains and business acumen who knows what a budget is.
Don’t even get me started on KoC, the guy has no idea about PAFC and is narcissistic who lies, manipulated to suit his own agenda and selfishness.
If Mark Haysman and Brett Duncanson made it to AO the club would be a hell of a lot better off than were are now.

Keith never wanted to leave but should have circa 2015 and now he wants to extend his resignation !
He is paid in greater half of all AFL CEO’s, has absorbed his role into bringing in more Execs to cover his load. The debt levels, capitalising existing assets, deferring debts into new FY and obeying the SANFL back in late 2013 and stadia deals in same period and being pethetic in the renogiation but blowing his brass trumpet how good he did.
He had to leave after last years financials, the rollover of debts and including accruals of membership revenue into previous year, he has put our Club in a bigger debt than before he arrived.
He took too long to sack Primus, was joined to the hip with Ken and Kochie and his Dream team admin he brought in all failed, were sacked and left the Club worse off whilst losing the great people who were picking up the pieces in 2011-2013. He is a CEO who is burnt out, sits in his office from 5am, carries a bag of ice on family day and sends out comforting emails but besides Margie and the sheep has no respect within the PAFC.
In 2013 when he stood up in front of all us members in the Power gym and said the Magpies would have access to the best under 22’s in the state and we could retain 8 of the existing players, AFL listed players and have zones for the whole of the state with acadamies only for three days later telling the Magpies players in their rooms that we are giving up our juniors and zones, everyone over 22 is gone and Summo is captain was piss weak.
He has done nothing for our Club, Mark Haysman, Steve Weinert etc we’re building the foundations and rolling out AO negotiations. KT, Kockie and Ken came in on the end of it to take the credit.
He should fu** off back to Norwood and never set foot in Alberton again. Sad thing is we will blame this years $10m loss on Covid when we were already half way there. Get someone in with brains and business acumen who knows what a budget is.
Don’t even get me started on KoC, the guy has no idea about PAFC and is narcissistic who lies, manipulated to suit his own agenda and selfishness.
If Mark Haysman and Brett Duncanson made it to AO the club would be a hell of a lot better off than were are now.

Sadly too many sheep buy his BS and for that we will continue to be mediocre

Stability? That’s the rhetoric Keith used for Ken.
Keith knew his time was up and wanted to be here for the 150 years. The guy is a puppet to the board, engages the members more than his own crew besides his best mate Ken and Kens kids.

He has been burnt out for years and just rolls in everyday, gets a brief and floats back into his twilight zone.

Great bloke to talk to post game at home or interstate but he gives our Club nothing and lost the passion years ago.
He’s made his presence by having a meltdown and belittling the small guy in media in front of all staff or externally announcing amazing things for our future to get us all on board only to deliver mediocrity.
He should have been in Hollywood and would have 10 Oscars by now.

Good news. The timing of him leaving and a new guy getting thrown into the deep end couldn’t have been any worse. And there probably wasn’t too many candidates putting their hands up for the role either given the circumstances.

Reassess next year.

A sensible call.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Sorry, I disagree.
You throw someone in the deep end and watch them swim.

Keith who has been in the deep end for too many years and can’t swim shouldn’t be left to drown longer at the expense of someone who may be a strong swimmer and has a chance of getting out of the deep end.

Ian Torp for CEO ✌️

Remove this Banner Ad

Back