Universal Love Keith Thomas

Remove this Banner Ad

We are tracking as making hefty losses every year, and he's the CEO.

Who the **** else do you hold accountable at the club to get a result that won't force us to fold?

Nice letters to the fans are one thing, but if we can't make money from Adelaide Oval I don't give two shits about the rest.

I would expect that this would be the minimum standard KT is holding himself to.

That's your prerogative but if you can't see a stark enough difference between how our club is tracking under the management of KT to how it was three years ago to be able to see KT as one of the most important acquisitions in our club's modern history, then you are perhaps one of the hardest women to please in Australia...
He is BUT the only reason he had the money "to invest" was largely thanks to the person before him. The one that lost his job.

KT has been nothing short of brilliant so far, but early on many on here posted that his real test would be the stadium deal.
That hasn't changed. If the stadium deal hecks up so do we.

Who the **** else do you hold accountable at the club to get a result that won't force us to fold?

Nice letters to the fans are one thing, but if we can't make money from Adelaide Oval I don't give two shits about the rest.
Well sort of. We now have sponsors and a healthy membership but the stadium deal is still the key.

That's your prerogative but if you can't see a stark enough difference between how our club is tracking under the management of KT to how it was three years ago to be able to see KT as one of the most important acquisitions in our club's modern history, then you are perhaps one of the hardest women to please in Australia...

Unless the stadium deal is profitable there's no real difference.

Some things about how the club is run still irritate me, but no one can deny KT has delivered big time in his 3 years.
He has but the big ticket item is still a work in progress.

We're making the same amount of losses but we're spending more money on our football department. So we're actually tracking better...but we definitely need to sort this deal out. I don't care if the AFL was going to be embarrassed - to railroad us into signing that piece of s**t agreement and then have the SANFL get an uplift for doing jack s**t while getting the money from the license buy back PLUS the sale of Footy Park...we need to be banking $1m profits while the sun shines so we don't have to regress to scraping the barrel ever again.

All things considered, Ross Oakley needs to give himself an uppercut.

To court us - legitimately or illegitimately - in order to coax South Australian football out of its delusional bolthole was one thing, but to then hand Basheer and Whicker the keys to AFL revenues in perpetuity when he had them over a barrel was batshit insane.

In one fell swoop the Crows and Port were doomed to become indentured labour, carrying the can in perpetuity, while a host of obsolescent SANFL clubs were permanently hooked up as disincentivised trust fund babies.

Mental.

He is fixing a problem that was there before his time and he has done a darn good job so far in turning things around. Our footy department was depleted. He has put in place the supports that Ken and the boys need for ON FIELD success. This is needed for OFF FIELD success. He is attracting new sponsors. The SANFL has held this club to ransom for years. Now that we have our license watch this club turn around. And by the way many other AFL clubs have made a loss this year without the crappy deal we have been dealt at AO. He and Fagan are doing all that they can to get a fair deal. KT is an inspirational leader but some people are impossible to please it seems.

He and Fagan are doing all that they can to gets fair deal. KT is an inspirational leader but some people are impossible to please it seems.
Its very possible to please me; get a survivable stadium deal.

If KT thinks that is impossible, I stand by my previous remarks.

Its very possible to please me; get a survivable stadium deal.

If KT thinks that is impossible, I stand by my previous remarks.
If he can't then no one can, his and Fagan's hands are very tied it seems. He's not dealing with a normal or fair organisation in the SANFL. I still think he is a fantastic and well respected CEO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unless the stadium deal is profitable there's no real difference.

Do we know that the stadium deal is not profitable or is it just not profitable enough?

According to Rucci's figures, Port's revenue this year was $9.75 million, up by $4 million. Of course we know it should have been up by more but did we wind up owing money on the Oval deal?

KT has overseen

• securing Renault as a major sponsor
  • securing Energy Australia as a major sponsor
  • the building of second tier sponsors who will contribute significantly to the bottom line
  • seamlessly securing high quality assistant coaching staff to support Ken Hinkley from the outset and as others have moved to greener pastures

and maybe most importantly, he's the guy who relentlessly pursued and bagged Ken Hinkley without whom it is unlikely we would ever have achieved the on-field revival we have been experiencing that has brought massive crowds back to our games. And while others may have started the ball rolling, he oversaw not only the return of Darren Burgess but the establishment of the academic base that will keep Burgess here despite the deep pockets of our AFL and possibly international competitors.

He's no more a hero for a good oval deal as he is a failure for an inadequate one. There are too many factors at play for him to significantly influence alone. The role of Andrew Fagan is important here as we need the crows to back us up. The role of the AFL as our licence holder and the guardian of the game at the national level is inestimable. And quite possibly the role of the SA Government in trying to ensure a fair outcome for the on-field labour cannot be underestimated if they choose to get deeply involved.

So Ford, you're basically giving him full credit for everything good and no responsibility for anything bad?

Sweet gig.

He did all these good things by himself, but other people are the ones responsible for where we're not performing - thats a Crowsian level rewrite there.

He is fixing a problem that was there before his time and he has done a darn good job so far in turning things around. Our footy department was depleted. He has put in place the supports that Ken and the boys need for ON FIELD success. ...
Our footy department was depleted because we had no money. We were also a broken club and forced to play in a s**t hole that nobody wanted to go to. Thanks to the depleted off field we sucked more than we should gave and that in turn made it hard to attract sponsors.

We then got money to spend on our off field, became one club again and got the ball rolling for AO.
Spending the money wisely is one of the jobs KT had to do but the main one is the AO contract.

I too love what KT has done so far, but sometimes there is not enough respect shown towards Haysman. His work is the main reason we now have a foundation that we can build from.

Imagine if Mark Haysman had come in, towed the SANFL line as a stepping stone to getting a gig at the SACA and kept assuring us all was fine as Boults and JJ did.

No Adelaide Oval.

And in all likelihood, no club.

We have increased our corporate inventory by 90% at Adelaide Oval, our crowds are up by over 50%, we have increased our Membership base by thousands and all of that has been under Keith Thomas' leadership.

Port Adelaide is not going to fold, the AFL and the SANFL cannot afford that to happen. They want the money from 22 AFL games a season at Adelaide Oval and Port are the only viable alternative. We can make money from Adelaide Oval if the Stadium deal is revised. We had a 3.9M revenue increase by going to Adelaide Oval but that was based on an attendance of 36,000 and we got nothing out of the extra 8 - 10K who came to our games. If we get a formula that pays us for that extra attendance and we maintain our crowd numbers we will increase our revenue share enough to make profit.

We have increased our corporate inventory by 90% at Adelaide Oval, our crowds are up by over 50%, we have increased our Membership base by thousands and all of that has been under Keith Thomas' leadership.

Revenue is great, but if you exclusively spout its merits without looking at how the revenue's supporting costs have changed in proportion to revenue, then you are a clown that should not be talking business.

Might as well back a Ponzi scheme - "Look at all the revenue! Why no, I don't understand how the costs work. REVENUE!"

Our footy department was depleted because we had no money. We were also a broken club and forced to play in a s**t hole that nobody wanted to go to. Thanks to the depleted off field we sucked more than we should gave and that in turn made it hard to attract sponsors.

We then got money to spend on our off field, became one club again and got the ball rolling for AO.
Spending the money wisely is one of the jobs KT had to do but the main one is the AO contract.

I too love what KT has done so far, but sometimes there is not enough respect shown towards Haysman. His work is the main reason we now have a foundation that we can build from.
I too have the utmost admiration for Hayesman. Let's face it, all the Power CEOs have had an uphill climb, too many roadblocks, mainly from the SANFL and Crows.

Don't get me wrong, he has been given one of the biggest jobs in football.

But if you apply to paint the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel and you don't finish it or you heck it up, you aren't ******* Michelangelo.

I'd also point out I'm not holding KT to any higher a standard than I hold any other employee of the PAFC.

I am far from convinced that a shitty AO deal will be an honorable defeat having given our utmost. I want to see a lot more blood and angst before I will believe that, not suits trying to keep cool and calm and keep it all behind closed doors.

If everyone thinks KT is a campaigner and we get a survivable deal at AO, he's a legend. If everyone likes KT and we can't stay afloat, he's still failed.

Don't get me wrong, he has been given one of the biggest jobs in football.

But if you apply to paint the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel and you don't finish it or you **** it up, you aren't ******* Michelangelo.
Hehe.
You and Tribey are both wordsmithing artisans of the highest order. :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back