Votes: 7 87.5%

• Total voters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

shellyg

Community Leader
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Thread starter Moderator #202
ChrisMurphy is backing her, his skill in law and instincts are formidable.

"The judge was astounded and retired saying he did not think the jury would convict Keli Lane. I was not Keli Lane's lawyer and don't have to live with that she was found guilty..however I engaged a brilliant ex senior homicide detective & a leading private eye. Both without fee examined the case and concluded the original police investigation was amateur and an inadequate disgrace. I know the Prosecutor cheated in Court. I visited Keli (no fee sought or paid) and as a trick asked would she undergo a lie detector test. She begged to do it. Would you if you were guilty of a crime?"

shellyg

Community Leader
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Thread starter Moderator #203

Perth gal

Premiership Player
AFL Club
West Coast
Do you think the Andrew Norris story is true?

I think it's bullshit - but that's just my opinion. I don't know, of course.
I'm unsure.

However I do not think she got a fair trial it wasn't proven beyond reasonable doubt that she murdered her. Personally I think if the case gets reviewed she will get let out.

shellyg

Community Leader
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Thread starter Moderator #206
I can't believe how much trouble they're having getting hold of a copy of the '95 White Pages. It's like the universe is conspiring to disappear that whole year of records.

Goldust

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Nashville Predators
Here we go, the 'more' to the story.

Yes, she was begging to do a lie detector test .. lol ... just like that Graham Stafford character, who was jailed for the murder of Leanne Hollands.
Interviewed on 'Murder Uncovered' insisted he would take the test, as soon as it was offered, he ran a mile and protested he wouldn't do, but would at a later date.
LL .. they'll all take lie test until it's given.
I find it startling someone with a long and proven history of lying would take a test.

BlueE

Club Legend
AFL Club
Fremantle
Yes, she was begging to do a lie detector test .. lol ... just like that Graham Stafford character, who was jailed for the murder of Leanne Hollands.
Interviewed on 'Murder Uncovered' insisted he would take the test, as soon as it was offered, he ran a mile and protested he wouldn't do, but would at a later date.
LL .. they'll all take lie test until it's given.
I find it startling someone with a long and proven history of lying would take a test.
I think she would only take a test if it was just one question. "Did you murder baby Tegan?" If you added specific questions for example "Does you father know what happened to baby Tegan?" "Are you protecting your father in baby Tegan's disappearance?" I think you'd get the f bombs just for starters.

Goldust

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Nashville Predators
I think she would only take a test if it was just one question. "Did you murder baby Tegan?" If you added specific questions for example "Does you father know what happened to baby Tegan?" "Are you protecting your father in baby Tegan's disappearance?" I think you'd get the f bombs just for starters.
That's about it!

Run n Spread

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Collingwood
Lie detector tests mean nothing anyway. If they were accurate then we wouldn’t even have a justice system, it wouldn’t be needed.

They’re not reliable and wouldn’t solve anything
Agreed. Methodology is out of date and amateur. May as well read tea leaves for all the accuracy. Until someone comes up with a machine to read minds most lie detectors are next to useless.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

X_box_X

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Chelsea
I just went to watch the fourth episode and realised there isn't one. That means I'm up to date and can start watching weekly episodes as they air on ABC.

From watching the first three episodes and listening to those who know the case like the back of their hand, I am stunned that 11/12 jury members found the prosecution's evidence to be beyond reasonable doubt.

I wasn't familiar with this case at all and I thank the OP from bringing this to our attention.

I will now spend the next half an hour or so reading through the eight and a bit pages of posts (I didn't want any spoilers so I refrained from reading them until I had caught up).

X_box_X

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Chelsea
If Tegan is still alive, who is she? What is her name? Where does she live?

I don't think a reasonable person can honestly believe so many people close to Keli could not have possibly known she was pregnant. Something very sus going on there.

Her one minute pause in the police interview. WTF?

Teammates all choosing not to discuss anything to do with the matter. Sus.

Her defence team not choosing to discuss anything. This may mean they realise they didn't do a great job.

She's now saying it's possible "Andrew" gave her a false name, or she made a mistake with his surname. Please.

Even if "Andrew" gave her a fake name, or he's dead, or he handed Tegan over to a crime gang, what about his mother, or Mel? Surely they would come forward if Keli's story is true.

The nurse's notes saying 1400 hours. It's quite possible she wrote those notes at 1400 hours, a couple of hours after Keli left the hospital with Tegan.

The Coroner offering her immunity and Keli continuing to stick to her story - she is clearly hiding something, so why not speak up?

I agree with the Forensic Medical Officer's assessment that pyschologically Keli was a lot more stable during her sixth pregnancy than she was in the previous five pregnancies. The Paediatrician appeared to make a similar assessment. It's not unreasonable to form the view that she wasn't cut out to be a mother until she was in her late 80s.

Police should really look more in to Keli's call recordings in January/February 1997. Investigate each and every person she made contact with. If Keli is telling the truth, it's likely she was in contact with someone at around that time who knows more about Tegan. It would be a long and time consuming avenue of enquiry, but this must be done in a murder investigation. Get IPND records for each person who was in contact with Keli in those two months, and investigate each and every single contact.

Bunk Moreland

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Essendon
I just went to watch the fourth episode and realised there isn't one. That means I'm up to date and can start watching weekly episodes as they air on ABC.

From watching the first three episodes and listening to those who know the case like the back of their hand, I am stunned that 11/12 jury members found the prosecution's evidence to be beyond reasonable doubt.

I wasn't familiar with this case at all and I thank the OP from bringing this to our attention.

I will now spend the next half an hour or so reading through the eight and a bit pages of posts (I didn't want any spoilers so I refrained from reading them until I had caught up).
No weekly episodes - it was a three part series.

big_e

Premiership Player
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wycombe Wanderers, 76ers
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-11...ZoWTtv3aSX-HQ9PAuh6LMI2_XOr2AGkaE8OaEN6eojAJM

More than 150 children were not accounted for in the nationwide search for Tegan Lane, the daughter of convicted baby murderer Keli Lane, more than halfway through the murder trial.

According to documents recently obtained by the ABC's investigative series Exposed, the NSW Office of Public Prosecutions (ODPP) could not account for approximately 163 children and could not rule out the possibility Tegan could be alive.

The ABC can also reveal around 8,000 births were going unregistered every year in the mid-1990s in NSW alone.

shellyg

Community Leader
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Thread starter Moderator #219

CheapCharlie

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Sydney
WOT

'.. the NSW Office of Public Prosecutions (ODPP) could not account for approximately 163 children and could not rule out the possibility Tegan could be alive.'

and Former Policewoman Avery said 'She found that around 8,000 births were going unregistered every year in the mid-1990s in NSW.'
There are some holes appearing in the prosecution case

bananatigz

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
Case is at the same place it’s been at for years, nowhere to go. It was such a shit show from the very beginning that it’s a wonder she was ever convicted, regardless of whether she did it or not, but now that she has been, it’s going to be near impossible to get it overturned. There’s hardly any evidence at all to even try and disprove.

The only chance that the ABC show provides is to try and use the weight of public interest to force a new trial, where I’m sure a competent defence team could poke more than enough holes to ensure reasonable doubt.

X_box_X

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Chelsea
Case is at the same place it’s been at for years, nowhere to go. It was such a shit show from the very beginning that it’s a wonder she was ever convicted, regardless of whether she did it or not, but now that she has been, it’s going to be near impossible to get it overturned. There’s hardly any evidence at all to even try and disprove.

The only chance that the ABC show provides is to try and use the weight of public interest to force a new trial, where I’m sure a competent defence team could poke more than enough holes to ensure reasonable doubt.
So which one is it?

Top Bottom