• No

Votes: 14 77.8%

• Total voters

sushshaf

Draftee
May 16, 2019
AFL Club
Sydney
If he’d died he still would’ve been found.

Why would he give her a fake name?

He was around mates apparently. They called him Dipper. Where are his mates? His family?

A single soul?
Someone found a man called Paul Andrew Morris Dixon. He sort of looks like the identikit image that keli supplied. It isn't him. However, one thing that has bothered me is that liars always have a kernel of truth in their stories. There is obviously a father and maybe he is the one that took the baby. Until I saw this name it never occurred to me to think of Morris as a Christian and not a surname. If he has sold the child then he would have to have some criminal tendencies and having an alias is in line with that. Conmen are always conning.

There is the police interview where KL asks the police to turn off the recording. They refused. She then went on to say "I thought that this was just a custody issue" and "Andrew thought it was a good idea". What is that idea? Was it his idea to sell the baby? Did he convince her he was taking the baby and then actually sell it?

sushshaf

Draftee
May 16, 2019
AFL Club
Sydney
As soon as Kelli gets confronted with a tough question, she reacts like a guilty person. I would love for the girl to be alive, but now I highly doubt it.

The 1 thing I just can't get passed is if she didnt kill the baby why is she lying about what she really did. What can be worse than murder.
If you go down a path for a long time and you have a partner in an act then that relationship might falter. The police work on this principle hoping for someone to turn on a person who committed an act. However, what would be the strongest bond that might never be broken? Perhaps between a parent and child? I think Sandy Lane is somehow involved. There are all sorts of charges that can be laid against people who did not come forward all through this time and wasted police time and money.

It's not over yet. I thought that Borovnik character was a bit off.

A cache of internal NSW Police reports about the controversial Keli Lane case reveals damning findings about a key prosecution witness and his history of serious complaints against the force.

The confidential police reports, seen by the ABC, were written several months before Lane’s 2010 murder trial began, but none were disclosed during the trial or included in the NSW Police Disclosure Certificate list of evidence.

In the most extraordinary revelation, multiple internal reports written by a senior detective found a key prosecution witness was “unreasonable” and “obsessive”, and that many of his theories about the case were baseless and “unreasonable”.

The ABC can reveal the identity of the key prosecution witness at the centre of the secret police reports is former NSW Department of Community Services (DoCS) child protection case worker John Borovnik.

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
It's not over yet. I thought that Borovnik character was a bit off.

In the most extraordinary revelation, multiple internal reports written by a senior detective found a key prosecution witness was “unreasonable” and “obsessive”, and that many of his theories about the case were baseless and “unreasonable”.
Wonder what his BF user name is

Oct 12, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
If you go down a path for a long time and you have a partner in an act then that relationship might falter. The police work on this principle hoping for someone to turn on a person who committed an act. However, what would be the strongest bond that might never be broken? Perhaps between a parent and child? I think Sandy Lane is somehow involved. There are all sorts of charges that can be laid against people who did not come forward all through this time and wasted police time and money.
Robert Lane has the strongest bond with Keli and would have the nerve, strength and invincibility to help "help her out". She would be able to say she didn't murder baby Tegan and gave him to her (Keli's or Tegans?) father and be telling the truth almost.

She would never tell the truth if this is the case as it would destroy him, his police reputation and therefore the family. I believe if Sandy (her mother) is involved it's only in an extremely passive way, in that she might suspect something.

Oct 12, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
While the most obvious mystery of the case relates to the last hours of Tegan's life, another is how Lane's father, a former police officer and trained observer of human nature, had no idea his daughter had given birth to Tegan and two other children - who were given up for adoption - while under his watchful eye.

On the day Keli was born Robert Lane was so thrilled he shouted the entire Steyne Hotel, and filled the hospital maternity ward with flowers.

Mr Lane was a permanent fixture alongside his daughter as revelations about her hidden pregnancies kept coming during the coronial inquest at Westmead Coroners Court in 2005. Regularly linking arms with his daughter or grasping her hand, he told the inquest he believed Tegan was alive.

And yet police phone intercepts and interviews made public at Lane's trial demonstrate how terrified she was of him finding out about the pregnancies, the missing child and the police investigation - so much so that she feared he might take away the daughter she gave birth to in 2001 and kept.

In a 2004 police interview, Lane told detectives: ''There's no way, if my parents found out, that they'll let me keep her … You don't know my dad. Can you imagine what he will do?''

hamohawk1

Premiership Player
Feb 18, 2011
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Just watched the series on Netflix last night. Perplexingly i find her guilty, but of what was shown and the lack of body of the baby can't understand how she could be found guilty. The case went for six months so there tustve been some big evidence pushed both sides.

hamohawk1

Premiership Player
Feb 18, 2011
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I just thought of this for some reason. Boy oh boy did this just go cold. Caro Meldrum Hanna and Elise Worthington closed the Facebook group giving some vague “we’ll focus on other angles and projects” rubbish.

And that’s it. Clearly they didn’t find anything.

They seemed certain that they had links that led somewhere, closing the group was clearly to preserve their integrity somewhat.

I just thought of this for some reason. Boy oh boy did this just go cold. Caro Meldrum Hanna and Elise Worthington closed the Facebook group giving some vague “we’ll focus on other angles and projects” rubbish.

And that’s it. Clearly they didn’t find anything.
They came up with absolutely nothing that could be used after all that effort and really upset Nicholas Cowdery.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Sep 22, 2011
Your girlfriend's dreams
AFL Club
Essendon
I think you see that late in episode three that she's been stitched up an absolute treat when they couldnt even pin down andrew morris/norris.

Upon further reading I found that police established Keli had had a (single) one night stand with a bloke named Andrew Morris. Some eighteen months before Tegan was conceived.

It’s clearly a name Keli has come out with when questioned.

CMH genuinely got taken in by her I reckon. Another victim of the con(wo)man Lane.

It's really awful. I didn't want to think she'd killed her baby.

If she was quietly offered a retrial, that might have put her right back in her box because I think she'd be mad to risk getting more time than the minimum 15 years she got. She only has four more years to go iirc but after this she could have trouble getting parole.

Upon further reading I found that police established Keli had had a (single) one night stand with a bloke named Andrew Morris. Some eighteen months before Tegan was conceived.

She's a terrible liar.

Where did you read this? Exposed and a few other snippets I have seen mentioned Police weren't able to confirm an Andrew Morris existed. Plus, Keli didn't even know his correct name, which makes it seem like Norris/Morris never existed.

Sep 22, 2011
Your girlfriend's dreams
AFL Club
Essendon
Where did you read this? Exposed and a few other snippets I have seen mentioned Police weren't able to confirm an Andrew Morris existed. Plus, Keli didn't even know his correct name, which makes it seem like Norris/Morris never existed.

Homicide Squad detectives discovered there was a real Andrew Morris in Keli Lane’s life but he was certainly not Tegan’s father.

He was a student who met Lane on the weekend of June 25 and 26 1994 after he took part in the Kellogg’s Nutrigrain Australian Rescue Champions at Sydney’s Freshwater beach.

Both in their early 20s, Lane and Mr Morris met at the Sands Hotel at Narrabeen and had unprotected sex on the grass behind the beach near Narrabeen Caravan Park.

It was 18 months before Tegan Lane was even conceived in December 1995.

Mr Morris has since married and had a child — but it is not Tegan.

The existence of the real Andrew Morris was disclosed at Keli Lane’s trial in 2009 but Mr Morris was not called to give evidence at the trial for reasons that involved legal technicalities.

The prosecution alleged that Lane had used his name as she did in so many of her lies, to give them a kernel of truth.

He came from Woolgoolga on the state’s north coast, was a student at Newcastle University and never lived in Wisbeach Street.

So yeah, Andrew Morris existed. This Andrew Morris. He met Lane once, they had sex and that was the end of it. It’s been established. It was 18 months prior to Tegan being conceived.

The man in Lane’s story that she called Andrew Morris doesn’t exist. She made it up. My money would be on her not even knowing who the father was.

Last edited:

So yeah, Andrew Morris existed. This Andrew Morris. He met Lane once, they had sex and that was the end of it. It’s been established. It was 18 months prior to Tegan being conceived.

The man in Lane’s story that she called Andrew Morris doesn’t exist. She made it up. My money would be on her not even knowing who the father was.
I had read that article at around the time Exposed came out, but I had obviously forgotten all about it.

Cheers for that

sprockets

Cancelled
Crime Board Sleuth BeanCoiNFT Investor
Oct 15, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
I don't think you could use Meldrum-Hanna and unbiased journalism in the same sentence. Not surprised at all this thing has gone quiet.

Apr 2, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
I just wondered .
Nothing. The point of that doco was to find new evidence or unearth Teagan. Like bombshell evidence. None happened.
Her last appeal to the high court was rejected so end of the line. Has to serve her sentence.
Fwiw I reckon not guilty and she sold the baby for an illegal adoption. But all done now and up for parole next year I think
Reason this case was so strange was it challenged convention. She was highly permiscuous not maternal and relatively successful otherwise. Yet wreckless. Challenged stereotypes and while her behaviour was at times shocking and others just unconventional I reckon a narrative was needed to fit so she paid the price legally. Odd case all round

Perth gal

Premiership Player
Oct 19, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Nothing. The point of that doco was to find new evidence or unearth Teagan. Like bombshell evidence. None happened.
Her last appeal to the high court was rejected so end of the line. Has to serve her sentence.
Fwiw I reckon not guilty and she sold the baby for an illegal adoption. But all done now and up for parole next year I think
Reason this case was so strange was it challenged convention. She was highly permiscuous not maternal and relatively successful otherwise. Yet wreckless. Challenged stereotypes and while her behaviour was at times shocking and others just unconventional I reckon a narrative was needed to fit so she paid the price legally. Odd case all round
I struggled with thinking she was guilty too. But why didn’t she just say she had sold the baby ? 18 years is such a long time to spend in jail. She must be really frightened.

Back