sprockets

Premiership Player
Oct 15, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
I don't think you could use Meldrum-Hanna and unbiased journalism in the same sentence. Not surprised at all this thing has gone quiet.

Run n Spread

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 2, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
I just wondered .
Nothing. The point of that doco was to find new evidence or unearth Teagan. Like bombshell evidence. None happened.
Her last appeal to the high court was rejected so end of the line. Has to serve her sentence.
Fwiw I reckon not guilty and she sold the baby for an illegal adoption. But all done now and up for parole next year I think
Reason this case was so strange was it challenged convention. She was highly permiscuous not maternal and relatively successful otherwise. Yet wreckless. Challenged stereotypes and while her behaviour was at times shocking and others just unconventional I reckon a narrative was needed to fit so she paid the price legally. Odd case all round

Perth gal

Premiership Player
Oct 19, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Nothing. The point of that doco was to find new evidence or unearth Teagan. Like bombshell evidence. None happened.
Her last appeal to the high court was rejected so end of the line. Has to serve her sentence.
Fwiw I reckon not guilty and she sold the baby for an illegal adoption. But all done now and up for parole next year I think
Reason this case was so strange was it challenged convention. She was highly permiscuous not maternal and relatively successful otherwise. Yet wreckless. Challenged stereotypes and while her behaviour was at times shocking and others just unconventional I reckon a narrative was needed to fit so she paid the price legally. Odd case all round
I struggled with thinking she was guilty too. But why didn’t she just say she had sold the baby ? 18 years is such a long time to spend in jail. She must be really frightened.

iluvparis

Import Whisperer
Apr 1, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Calgary Flames, Man Utd
I struggled with thinking she was guilty too. But why didn’t she just say she had sold the baby ? 18 years is such a long time to spend in jail. She must be really frightened.
This was my thought on watching the doco - is there gangs/underworld types involved in the illegal adoption trade? If so that could be the only reason she would keep her mouth shut. If not - she probably ditched the baby somewhere and its just never been found.

Pamcake1

Senior List
Dec 11, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Just because she cannot be located doesn’t mean she killed her.
Yes but the likelyhood is that she did kill her and as the FB group attached to the doco (now taken down) says it is highly likely that the baby never left the hospital grounds alive as the back stairs that she was thought to have gone down came out at the hospital incinerator. The time line of her leaving then hospital and showing up at the wedding was so short that that is the thought of what happened.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bunk Moreland

Hall of Famer
Sep 22, 2011
Your girlfriend's dreams
AFL Club
Essendon
Just because she cannot be located doesn’t mean she killed her.
The problem for Lane - and the reason she is guilty - is she is the only one in the world who is privy to the baby’s last known whereabouts.

There is not a single shred of evidence that this “Morris” / “Norris” bloke is anything but an invention of her imagination.

Well, except for the fact that they DID locate “Andrew Morris” - he was a totally unrelated bloke who had a one night stand with Lane at another time that made it impossible for him to be the father. Which is obviously where she plucked the name from.

That’s clear, beyond reasonable doubt.

Which means she is lying, beyond reasonable doubt.

That’s what makes it possible to sustain the charges, and why she was found guilty.

Remove this Banner Ad