Current Keli Lane

Did Keli Lane get a fair trial?

• Yes

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • No

Votes: 15 78.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

If he’d died he still would’ve been found.

For arguments sake.

How, if nobody knows who he really is?

Why would he give her a fake name?

He was married. Getting caught having an affair, not good. Getting caught having an affair that produces a baby, really not good. Quarter to half his pay is gone in maintenance for maybe twenty years.

He was around mates apparently. They called him Dipper. Where are his mates? His family?

They weren't his mates, it was just his ' local' drinking hole where he could pick up and he introduced himself as Dipper maybe because he didnt even want them to know what his real name was. It wasn't his girlfriend/wife that was there to pick the baby up. It was his sister and his mother. The only people he could really trust to keep his secret. Or the women who agreed to take the baby.

Someone, whoever the baby was given to because he didn't keep it created a new identity for her. It was illegal.

How do they tell that baby who is now 22yo, her life is a lie and her biological mother is in prison for killing her?

Last edited:
Any chance she dumped the baby and somebody has come along and taken her and raised her.

Would explain how no body was found and why Keli cant tell the truth, because its still a terrible act.

Any chance she dumped the baby and somebody has come along and taken her and raised her.

Would explain how no body was found and why Keli cant tell the truth, because its still a terrible act.

Surely you fess up eventually when you're charged with murder? Such a bizarre case

Even if the cab drivers story is true, that the baby was dropped off in the scrub for a babysitter who presumably didn't show up straight away because the cab driver went back and the baby was lying under a tree ... terrible thing to do. She might not have killed it but that baby could have been swarming in bull ants within minutes or taken by a stray dog.

Even if the cab drivers story is true, that the baby was dropped off in the scrub for a babysitter who presumably didn't show up straight away because the cab driver went back and the baby was lying under a tree ... terrible thing to do. She might not have killed it but that baby could have been swarming in bull ants within minutes or taken by a stray dog.

Surely the cab driver is interviewed in part 3. How else would she have got home from the hospital.

For arguments sake.

How, if nobody knows who he really is?

He was married. Getting caught having an affair, not good. Getting caught having an affair that produces a baby, really not good. Quarter to half his pay is gone in maintenance for maybe twenty years.

They weren't his mates, it was just his ' local' drinking hole where he could pick up and he introduced himself as Dipper maybe because he didnt even want them to know what his real name was. It wasn't his girlfriend/wife that was there to pick the baby up. It was his sister and his mother. The only people he could really trust to keep his secret. Or the women who agreed to take the baby.

Someone, whoever the baby was given to because he didn't keep it created a new identity for her. It was illegal.

How do they tell that baby who is now 22yo, her life is a lie and her biological mother is in prison for killing her?

Yeah, that’s all fine - I’m not saying we cant backfit a story to dodge all the corners and obstacles in her version.

For me, there is simply not a scintilla of credible evidence that this bloke existed.

The only thing we’ve seen is the NZ bloke. Personally, I didn’t find him very credible, 20+ years after the fact saying he saw her a few times in the dark.

Surely the cab driver is interviewed in part 3. How else would she have got home from the hospital.

That story is a bit off, I hope he makes an appearance. I still don't think she's telling the whole truth and I don't know the case well enough but on what I do know don't think I could have convicted her if I was on the jury. Even knowing she was a liar with a history of hiding pregnancies, she's entitled to do that.

The only thing we’ve seen is the NZ bloke. Personally, I didn’t find him very credible, 20+ years after the fact saying he saw her a few times in the dark.

As testimony, agree that might not hold up. Her one minute pause before answering the cops and asking for the recording to be turned off had me thinking she's still not telling the whole truth.

There's a big piece of 'something' missing.

As testimony, agree that might not hold up. Her one minute pause before answering the cops and asking for the recording to be turned off had me thinking she's still not telling the whole truth.

Yeah, the truth. She refuses to tell it and instead feeds everybody this horseshit.

What and the women who found it just agreed to babysit and not go to a hospital/police/call triple 0. Would've been pre arranged.

Yeah, the truth. She refuses to tell it and instead feeds everybody this horseshit.
That's the thing thou everyone is so hung up on getting her to tell the truth it is a waste of time. People who lie like this will just put up smokescreens, dodge and obstificate and change the narrative. You will never get a straight answer. She is probably very mentally unwell also. (Not that that would be an excuse).

For mine where the problem lies is there is a very real chance she didn't do it. Lack of evidence, motive, shoddy police/hospital reporting procedures inconsistencies in the prosecution. Even the bloody Judge said he was uncomfortable with the conviction.

Also what is weird just re watching is the closing ranks of the teammates 20 years later. Fair enough (if some journo called me out of the blue) I'd probably refuse to talk. But there is a distinct feel they have closed ranks and all agreed not to talk. So obviously they are hiding something themselves. Not even close to the full story will ever be known. Dodgy s**t being covered up right through not just from Lane.

Last edited:
What and the women who found it just agreed to babysit and not go to a hospital/police/call triple 0. Would've been pre arranged.

That's the thing thou everyone is so hung up on getting her to tell the truth it is a waste of time. People who lie like this will just put up smokescreens, dodge and obstificate and change the narrative. You will never get a straight answer. She is probably very mentally unwell also. (Not that that would be an excuse).

For mine where the problem lies is there is a very real chance she didn't do it. Lack of evidence, motive, shoddy police/hospital reporting procedures inconsistencies in the prosecution. Even the bloody Judge said he was uncomfortable with the conviction.

Also what is weird just re watching is the closing ranks of the teammates 20 years later. Fair enough (if some journo called me out of the blue) I'd probably refuse to talk. But there is a distinct feel they have closed ranks and all agreed not to talk. So obviously they are hiding something themselves. Not even close to the full story will ever be known. Dodgy s**t being covered up right through not just from Lane.

That’s usually the way with cases without a body. There’s plenty of doubts raised about Peter Falconio too.

I’m also not certain she did it... but I’m 100% certain this Andrew Norris stuff is bullshit. So I still think it’s in her hands.

That’s usually the way with cases without a body. There’s plenty of doubts raised about Peter Falconio too.

I’m also not certain she did it... but I’m 100% certain this Andrew Norris stuff is bullshit. So I still think it’s in her hands.

True. Also no proof he even is the Father could just be the BF. There may have been a guy but who knows who he is? Clearly Andrew Norris is a made up person/fake name.

She could've sold the baby on the Black market. Hence no trace and her reluctance to tell the truth.

It is on her but she will never tell the truth and even is she does it will be impossible to verify.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's it. They're not closing ranks to protect a 'friend' because none of them were even told apparently that she was pregnant, could be self interest. Maybe the path to finding the answer lies with them and their lifestyle at the time.

She could've sold the baby on the Black market. Hence no trace and her reluctance to tell the truth.

Where did the money go? Settle a (drug) debt?

Not even hot.
Not sure how she had such a banging career. But anyway, moot point I guess.
So, the guy that thinks he regularly saw her at the BF's flat..how much cred does that hold?
They were holding it up as some break through moment but I dont really get it. Its just heresay isnt it?

Not even hot.
Not sure how she had such a banging career. But anyway, moot point I guess.
So, the guy that thinks he regularly saw her at the BF's flat..how much cred does that hold?
They were holding it up as some break through moment but I dont really get it. Its just heresay isnt it?

He is a witness, so it is evidence.

How reliable he is, that’s another story.

You’d want another witness or something else to corroborate it.

It’s now gone pretty public, nationally, once again.

If once again nobody, nothing comes forward about this bloke?

I don’t believe her anyway, but ffs. How could anybody

Surely you fess up eventually when you're charged with murder? Such a bizarre case
I've always been in 2 minds over this case. I find it morally difficult to convict without a body but I also see the evasion and lies to be concerning.

Your point also is the tipping point for me. There has to be a thought pattern of ' the lesser of 2 evils' 2 years for illegal adoption or 20 for murder.

I've always been in 2 minds over this case. I find it morally difficult to convict without a body but I also see the evasion and lies to be concerning.

Your point also is the tipping point for me. There has to be a thought pattern of ' the lesser of 2 evils' 2 years for illegal adoption or 20 for murder.

Then the revelation that she was offered immunity for anything but murder adds another layer to the lie. A bit of a head scratcher.

Yeah, CMH has gone off the edge on this one. She’s done some ok stuff in the last so hopefully it’s not a career defined.

We'll see what else she's got I guess .. but there was the corruption shenanigans at Manly Police Station and a break in. Nobody can guarantee nothing was removed from the Keli Lane file. What even was her file doing being held at Manly when her father was the Sergeant I don't know but whoever got in there and made such a mess they just can't tell what was taken wasn't a random burglar hoping there were some doughnuts left in the kitchen.

Pretty sure we can agree that was probably a cop?

We'll see what else she's got I guess .. but there was the corruption shenanigans at Manly Police Station and a break in. Nobody can guarantee nothing was removed from the Keli Lane file. What even was her file doing being held at Manly when her father was the Sergeant I don't know but whoever got in there and made such a mess they just can't tell what was taken wasn't a random burglar hoping there were some doughnuts left in the kitchen.

Pretty sure we can agree that was probably a cop?

Yep. Tbh though I find all the Manly cop stuff a bit of a smokebomb. Lane has initiated this resurfacing, and she’s brought with her absolutely nothing new: she was in a casual sexual relationship with a bloke that nobody has ever seen or heard from before or since, got pregnant, gave him the baby with nobody else knowing or witnessing it, and that’s it.

Yep. Tbh though I find all the Manly cop stuff a bit of a smokebomb. Lane has initiated this resurfacing, and she’s brought with her absolutely nothing new: she was in a casual sexual relationship with a bloke that nobody has ever seen or heard from before or since, got pregnant, gave him the baby with nobody else knowing or witnessing it, and that’s it.

That's what I thought too, the Manly break in was smoke. That nobody knows what was taken smells like more corruption to me though.

I don't have a confident position really on whether the baby is alive or not, occams razor says she's not. My gut says she is and Keli was dealing with a far better liar than she was herself.

Both have been wrong before.

Back