Current Keli Lane

Did Keli Lane get a fair trial?

• Yes

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • No

Votes: 14 77.8%

• Total voters
For mine she’s dumped Tegan and by some unfortunate luck she was never found by anybody - exposure, weather, animal etc.

Either that, or she’s left her somewhere for the wedding etc, and she hasn’t survived, and she panicked and did a very good job of disposing of the body.

I don’t believe her story for one second. Nobody can help her until/unless she comes clean.

If she hasn't broken by now, I don't think she'll ever say. And if she changed her story now to any other scenario, I don't think many would believe her anyway.

Five theories Caro v Elise.

KL5thories.jpg

CheapCharlie

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 12, 2015
AFL Club
Sydney
Cheers, that's interesting.

Well, Elise has her head screwed on at least lol
I wonder what stage of their investigation those theories were numbered?

Both of them believing the most likely is she did it and doesn't remember it... was their much focus on this in their doco?

Apr 13, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
Not sure here that she did it when she could have walked out and left the baby there. In the two days she had to tell staff she would put the baby up for adoption, the prosecution's case is she was plotting to kill Tegan. Plotting to kill the infant she cared for, gave a middle name and went out of her way to register with Medicare.

It might be more about whether she had a fair trial and imo she didn't and it's scary.
Agree completely on your last point. It’s very possible that she didn’t do it. But she definitely knows more than she’s letting on - the Andrew Morris/Norris story doesn’t stack up for me.

Oct 12, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle

View attachment 573950
They didn't seem to highlight nay of their theories in the programe but for me, except for the theory that Keli killed Tegan but didn't remember I think Caro nailed it.
-Didn't kill Tegan, but protecting someone.

-Didn't kill Tegan but gave to someone else.

Both the most likely, that this someone else killed Tegan and so important to Keli that it would destroy her if she revealed who it was. She may even fantasise that this person took care of Tegan without killing her.

Oct 12, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Addressing the incest theory today head on, it's debunked with no evidence and all her children are fathered outside the family.
Was this a theory? I have thought the Dad would have done anything for her and is the one she is protecting, but I'd never thought of incest.

Oct 12, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
I wonder what stage of their investigation those theories were numbered?

Both of them believing the most likely is she did it and doesn't remember it... was their much focus on this in their doco?
This one made no sense for me, unless there was something in the psych report that suggested she was suppressing some memories so deep that she can't remember.

Was this a theory? I have thought the Dad would have done anything for her and is the one she is protecting, but I'd never thought of incest.

It was actually a theory that Keli may have been protecting the father of Tegan because he was family. There's such a stigma around it and it's a subject that's uncomfortable to talk about but as CeCe Moore widely consulted genealogist has said, people can have very dark deep secrets and incest is something she comes across more often than we'd think in her research.

Oct 12, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
It was actually a theory that Keli may have been protecting the father of Tegan because he was family. There's such a stigma around it and it's a subject that's uncomfortable to talk about but as CeCe Moore widely consulted genealogist has said, people can have very dark deep secrets and incest is something she comes across more often than we'd think in her research.
I believe Tegan is dead However, it's an interesting case because if she had done something like leave Tegan in the bush because she couldn't cope or admitted to infanticide almost certainly she would have served her time by now. I don't think she did. But I do think she felt trapped because she was made very uncomfortable (I'm wondering if she was accused of using abortions and adoptions as contraceptives) with the previous adoption and didn't leave any option other than keeping the baby until the baby was born. Whether it was the shame she thought it may cause her family or end her relationship (and cause further shame) if her boyfriend found out, that she was desperate and asked her Dad to help out?

She would not want to ever address what that may have entailed and has lived in fairy tale land ever since. But she does realise that if this was what happened and she did tell the truth, she would be destroying all in her family. I don't think she ever thought she would be convicted and didn't realise the pile of lies would get her where she is.

Sep 22, 2011
Your girlfriend's dreams
AFL Club
Essendon

Conspiracy theory, largely by those desperate to see something that isn’t there.

Personally don’t think the parents are involved in a cover-up either. I don’t think they’re guilty of anything other than poor parenting, being emotionally distant and probably wilfully ignoring their daughter’s issues and pregnancies.

Sep 22, 2011
Your girlfriend's dreams
AFL Club
Essendon
I believe Tegan is dead However, it's an interesting case because if she had done something like leave Tegan in the bush because she couldn't cope or admitted to infanticide almost certainly she would have served her time by now. I don't think she did. But I do think she felt trapped because she was made very uncomfortable (I'm wondering if she was accused of using abortions and adoptions as contraceptives) with the previous adoption and didn't leave any option other than keeping the baby until the baby was born. Whether it was the shame she thought it may cause her family or end her relationship (and cause further shame) if her boyfriend found out, that she was desperate and asked her Dad to help out?

She would not want to ever address what that may have entailed and has lived in fairy tale land ever since. But she does realise that if this was what happened and she did tell the truth, she would be destroying all in her family. I don't think she ever thought she would be convicted and didn't realise the pile of lies would get her where she is.

Pretty much.

Saving face (in your own mind) can be a very, very powerful motivator. I think she ran the gauntlet with police and the courts and has been too deeply ashamed to ever admit it. And she never will, IMO.

Apr 2, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood

View attachment 573950

1. Theory 4 Just opinion but ultimately don't think timing works for murder. Most likely she gave Tegan to someone else. Given the shoddy search and the time elapsed chances of finding Tegan are nil.

2. Theory 5 Matches the last couple. Clearly Andrew Norris is not a real person/real name but the baby could've been given to someone illegally. i.e. Sold or to a father.

3. Theory 1 Possible. Timeframe is too tight and no motive or pattern of behaviour.

4. Theory 2 Maybe. But timing and motive still an issue unless you're looking at something like Infantacide.

5. Theory 3 Highly doubt any such person exits. Story is bullshit.

Just guesswork thou. Could easily switch orders. As someone above said I don't see how you could have not remembering as 1 and murder as 5. Unless it is something like Infantacide/PTSD or something.

Apr 2, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Pretty much.

Saving face (in your own mind) can be a very, very powerful motivator. I think she ran the gauntlet with police and the courts and has been too deeply ashamed to ever admit it. And she never will, IMO.

Possible and given she hid pregnancies shows the need to save face/not deal with parents/judgements. Doesn't really point to murder. Pattern of behaviour suggests she tends to wash her hands of these things. So either given away/possibly abandoned.

big_e

Existential crisis management consultant
Apr 28, 2008
Back Pocket
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wycombe Wanderers
1. Theory 4 Just opinion but ultimately don't think timing works for murder. Most likely she gave Tegan to someone else. Given the shoddy search and the time elapsed chances of finding Tegan are nil.

2. Theory 5 Matches the last couple. Clearly Andrew Norris is not a real person/real name but the baby could've been given to someone illegally. i.e. Sold or to a father.

3. Theory 1 Possible. Timeframe is too tight and no motive or pattern of behaviour.

4. Theory 2 Maybe. But timing and motive still an issue unless you're looking at something like Infantacide.

5. Theory 3 Highly doubt any such person exits. Story is bullshit.

Just guesswork thou. Could easily switch orders. As someone above said I don't see how you could have not remembering as 1 and murder as 5. Unless it is something like Infantacide/PTSD or something.
Yeah, it's all guesswork.

What seems odd is that Andrew Norris turned up at the hospital with his wife/partner and his mother. Wonder if there were some discussions about adoption/surrogacy, Andrew said he'd sort it out and the two women aren't who she thought they were - ie not related to Andrew.

But it would be a prick of a thing for them to do to keep quiet while she spends that long in jail.

Back