• Yes

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • No

Votes: 14 77.8%

• Total voters
Apr 2, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Interesting conversation on Mamma mia between Caro and Mia Freedman.

Downloaded. Only on Mama Mia could they turn this into a man blaming exercise.........The men didn't come forward, Duncan Gillies wouldn't speak, the prosecutors bought up Kelli's story and her sex life, the men didn't use protection etc........Give it a spell.

Rest of it is Mia chucking her opinions, judgements and gossip in and Caro keeping it on track.

Weird thing with Caro is:

1) There are so many holes in the case
2) The psychology and pathology don't fit
3) The portrait of Kelli isn't accurate
4) We couldn't find any evidence of murder

etc etc

But: I still think she did it. WTF?

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
The AFP have busted a child stealing ring operating in NSW and QLD after a two year operation, it involves hiding children from their fathers in contravention of family court orders but it might be interesting to follow and find out how this ring managed to hide the kids in the system. A GP was involved.

A new thread opened here: https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/child-abductions-_-operation-noetic.1207607/#post-58562953

Same network possibly.

Looking at the Facebook group, looks like it at the “sign a change.org petition” stage already.

Going nowhere fast.

Nowhere for it to go really. Appeals are all done. Only way for it to open is compelling new evidence.

a) They find Tegan/Andrew Norris
b) One of the Police investigators admits/ it is found part of the evidence is contaminated or faulty. (Won't happen)

Case has already gone to the High Court and being knocked back.

CheapCharlie

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 12, 2015
AFL Club
Sydney
Downloaded. Only on Mama Mia could they turn this into a man blaming exercise.........The men didn't come forward, Duncan Gillies wouldn't speak, the prosecutors bought up Kelli's story and her sex life, the men didn't use protection etc........Give it a spell.

Rest of it is Mia chucking her opinions, judgements and gossip in and Caro keeping it on track.

Weird thing with Caro is:

1) There are so many holes in the case
2) The psychology and pathology don't fit
3) The portrait of Kelli isn't accurate
4) We couldn't find any evidence of murder

etc etc

Mama Mia playing to its audience

I think what she means is that it all 'looks' like she disappeared or murdered the baby but not beyond a reasonable doubt. Thinking someone is guilty is not necessarily proof beyond a reasonable doubt. Caro would have been that hold out on the jury.

Sep 22, 2011
Your girlfriend's dreams
AFL Club
Essendon
I’ve been thinking about the reasonable doubt thing, and it’s tricky, because you’re judging two things - (1) whether KL murdered her daughter, but also (2) the veracity of her bullshit Andrew Norris story.

It plays against her massively.

If her story was instead... I dunno... “I was walking the baby along X street, stopped to use a public toilet, turned around and she was gone, abducted etc, that’s all I know”... I reckon she’d have got off. Because she’s not being tripped up by having to prove her story, who the bloke is, etc.

But because she’s telling this story, about Andrew Norris (for whom there is zero credible evidence even exists), then you end up judging that in the first instance - not whether or not she committed murder. Almost everybody comes to the logical conclusion that it’s bullshit - BECAUSE there’s no evidence of what she’s saying - and the next step is she’s hiding the truth. And what’s (a) bad enough to lie and (b) being alleged? Murder.

I think that’s the stream of logic among jurors that has tripped up her defence. If she had a far simpler story, one that nobody could try to prove, she’d probably have got off - even though I think she’s guilty.

I actually think it’s beyond reasonable doubt that her Andrew Norris story is bullshit.

And based on that, for me it’s beyond reasonable doubt that she murdered the baby.

Hopefully that makes sense.

Perth gal

Premiership Player
Oct 19, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
I’ve been thinking about the reasonable doubt thing, and it’s tricky, because you’re judging two things - (1) whether KL murdered her daughter, but also (2) the veracity of her bullshit Andrew Norris story.

It plays against her massively.

If her story was instead... I dunno... “I was walking the baby along X street, stopped to use a public toilet, turned around and she was gone, abducted etc, that’s all I know”... I reckon she’d have got off. Because she’s not being tripped up by having to prove her story, who the bloke is, etc.

But because she’s telling this story, about Andrew Norris (for whom there is zero credible evidence even exists), then you end up judging that in the first instance - not whether or not she committed murder. Almost everybody comes to the logical conclusion that it’s bullshit - BECAUSE there’s no evidence of what she’s saying - and the next step is she’s hiding the truth. And what’s (a) bad enough to lie and (b) being alleged? Murder.

I think that’s the stream of logic among jurors that has tripped up her defence. If she had a far simpler story, one that nobody could try to prove, she’d probably have got off - even though I think she’s guilty.

I actually think it’s beyond reasonable doubt that her Andrew Norris story is bullshit.

And based on that, for me it’s beyond reasonable doubt that she murdered the baby.

Hopefully that makes sense.
No I don't think you can link the two. It was NOT proved beyond reasonable doubt that she murdered the baby. I'm unsure as to what I think about her story but even it's bullshit it can't be proven beyond reasonable doubt . Maybe there's another story but I think it's pretty scary really the way a person can be tried and convicted without a body, confession and a dodgy police investigation and witnesses not called.

Sep 22, 2011
Your girlfriend's dreams
AFL Club
Essendon
No I don't think you can link the two. It was NOT proved beyond reasonable doubt that she murdered the baby. I'm unsure as to what I think about her story but even it's bullshit it can't be proven beyond reasonable doubt . Maybe there's another story but I think it's pretty scary really the way a person can be tried and convicted without a body, confession and a dodgy police investigation and witnesses not called.

I think her story was proven bullshit beyond reasonable doubt. The lengths the police went to in order to find Andrew were extensive. There is simply zero evidence he exists. Yes, if we want to poke singular holes in their investigation we can, despite two years of searching they may have missed something, and yes it’s possible he does exist. But enough for reasonable doubt? Not in my book, anyway.

Perth gal

Premiership Player
Oct 19, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
My opinion is that even if the story is crap it wasn't proven beyond reasonable doubt that she murdered her.

And I think the cops were just looking for a man by the name Keli gave.

The podcast is interesting. Caro says they have a number of leads of people saying there was a man by that name who hung around the Balmain area possibly with a drug past etc.

Sep 22, 2011
Your girlfriend's dreams
AFL Club
Essendon
My opinion is that even if the story is crap it wasn't proven beyond reasonable doubt that she murdered her.

And I think the cops were just looking for a man by the name Keli gave.

The podcast is interesting. Caro says they have a number of leads of people saying there was a man by that name who hung around the Balmain area possibly with a drug past etc.

Do you think the Andrew Norris story is true?

I think it's bullshit - but that's just my opinion. I don't know, of course.

ChrisMurphy is backing her, his skill in law and instincts are formidable.

"The judge was astounded and retired saying he did not think the jury would convict Keli Lane. I was not Keli Lane's lawyer and don't have to live with that she was found guilty..however I engaged a brilliant ex senior homicide detective & a leading private eye. Both without fee examined the case and concluded the original police investigation was amateur and an inadequate disgrace. I know the Prosecutor cheated in Court. I visited Keli (no fee sought or paid) and as a trick asked would she undergo a lie detector test. She begged to do it. Would you if you were guilty of a crime?"

Perth gal

Premiership Player
Oct 19, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Do you think the Andrew Norris story is true?

I think it's bullshit - but that's just my opinion. I don't know, of course.
I'm unsure.

However I do not think she got a fair trial it wasn't proven beyond reasonable doubt that she murdered her. Personally I think if the case gets reviewed she will get let out.

Goldust

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 23, 2005
Chisholm, Minnesota
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Nashville Predators
Here we go, the 'more' to the story.

Yes, she was begging to do a lie detector test .. lol ... just like that Graham Stafford character, who was jailed for the murder of Leanne Hollands.
Interviewed on 'Murder Uncovered' insisted he would take the test, as soon as it was offered, he ran a mile and protested he wouldn't do, but would at a later date.
LL .. they'll all take lie test until it's given.
I find it startling someone with a long and proven history of lying would take a test.

Oct 12, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Yes, she was begging to do a lie detector test .. lol ... just like that Graham Stafford character, who was jailed for the murder of Leanne Hollands.
Interviewed on 'Murder Uncovered' insisted he would take the test, as soon as it was offered, he ran a mile and protested he wouldn't do, but would at a later date.
LL .. they'll all take lie test until it's given.
I find it startling someone with a long and proven history of lying would take a test.
I think she would only take a test if it was just one question. "Did you murder baby Tegan?" If you added specific questions for example "Does you father know what happened to baby Tegan?" "Are you protecting your father in baby Tegan's disappearance?" I think you'd get the f bombs just for starters.

Goldust

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 23, 2005
Chisholm, Minnesota
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Nashville Predators
I think she would only take a test if it was just one question. "Did you murder baby Tegan?" If you added specific questions for example "Does you father know what happened to baby Tegan?" "Are you protecting your father in baby Tegan's disappearance?" I think you'd get the f bombs just for starters.

That's about it!

Apr 2, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Lie detector tests mean nothing anyway. If they were accurate then we wouldn’t even have a justice system, it wouldn’t be needed.

They’re not reliable and wouldn’t solve anything

Agreed. Methodology is out of date and amateur. May as well read tea leaves for all the accuracy. Until someone comes up with a machine to read minds most lie detectors are next to useless.

Back