Kelli Underwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Genuinely don't understand the hate she cops.

Is she the best commentator? No.
Is she the worst commentator? No.
Her voice is grating but I agree she's not the worst. Sadly there is a new commentator that has assumed the crown of worst caller. I can't recall her name but she called the Freo v WB game on Friday with Harry Taylor and some others. Couldn't string a sentence together and used every cliche imaginable. I think she was new and clearly sounded nervous as she summed up the game at Full time with a record number of "um"s. Not up to the job - get rid of her. It's harsh I know but she was awful

All of Derm, Brian Taylor, and Dwayne have called players by the wrong names this weekend and gone off on completely nonsense tangents.

They don't get threads made to their shitness when this occurs.

All of Derm, Brian Taylor, and Dwayne have called players by the wrong names this weekend and gone off on completely nonsense tangents.

For some reason, many who bash Kelli Underwood happily accept Brian Taylor making multiple ID errors, nonsense comments, false excitement when games are done and dusted. It's interesting to watch. Underwood can make a handful of errors and be leapt on while BT's schtick is joked along with and seen as acceptable for the highest paid AFL TV commentator.

For some reason, many who bash Kelli Underwood happily accept Brian Taylor making multiple ID errors, nonsense comments, false excitement when games are done and dusted. It's interesting to watch. Underwood can make a handful of errors and be leapt on while BT's schtick is joked along with and seen as acceptable for the highest paid AFL TV commentator.

They are both poor but the general standard isn't brilliant either.

I do think there is a place for the excitable almost stereotypical commentator in the style of BT/Dwayne Russell but it still has to be done well.

For me, Kelli just doesn't have the voice for it.

Yet if you click out of this thread Dwayne has his own and is in part 2 or 3 its so long and many have asked for an intervention at 7 HQ so this simply isnt true is it

Was a very difficult game to listen to having Kelli Underwood and Leigh Montagna as co-commentators.

Their voices just aren't suited to be main commentators.

Would be OK for special/boundary i.e. short bursts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back