AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Everton FC Williamstown FC
She is just terrible to listen to.
Constantly gets facts wrong.
Her voice inflection is awful as well.

Surely its not just me?
She claimed that Richmond cheated by using the injury sub for Vlastuin in round 1. Vlastuin hasn't played since.

Cleric

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 14, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
She claimed that Richmond cheated by using the injury sub for Vlastuin in round 1. Vlastuin hasn't played since.
In the game today she said that Fog was at full forward while Tex has gone to the bench. Two seconds later Tex takes a mark in the forward line. She said Stephenson was in just his second game of AFL.

There was a number of other instances where she just said things that were wrong.

Dec 19, 2011
Ballarat
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Man Utd, Seattle SuperSonics, SA Spurs
She is just terrible to listen to.
Constantly gets facts wrong.
Her voice inflection is awful as well.

Surely its not just me?
I agree. It’s as if she’s trying to commentate like a male commentator (not a shot at her deeper voice), instead of commentating naturally.

Cleric

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 14, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
What an original thread.

Men bashing female commentator pioneering a "mens domain."

What a cringy reply.
Do you hear people complaining about female umpires in a male dominated domain? Nah, because we just want good umpiring and couldn't care who does it.
Do you hear people complain about Emma Quayles opinion of young talent in a male dominated domain? Nah, because she is good at identifying young talent and supporters just want their club to pick the best players available.

She is just a poor commentator.
But I am sure she appreciates your White Knighting, and you have signalled your virtues to us all.

jelly

Senior List
Oct 20, 2020
AFL Club
Carlton
In the game today she said that Fog was at full forward while Tex has gone to the bench. Two seconds later Tex takes a mark in the forward line. She said Stephenson was in just his second game of AFL.

There was a number of other instances where she just said things that were wrong.
You mean like what the male commentators do every game?

JOELY

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 9, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
AFL Club
Collingwood
What an original thread.

The fact that she is getting bashed like every single other male commentator does is more inclusive to the ranks of commentators than what you're trying to do. She is no different than most of them, ordinary and is called out accordingly.

Dc9798

Club Legend
Dec 25, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Juventus FC
That was a shocker from Fox on the commentary side of things for today’s game. Thought Montagna was worse TBH.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

3rd Grade Maggy

Premiership Player
Jul 5, 2004
In the Finals ...
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Southampton
Partnering with Leigh Montagna. Yuk.

MauroFogheri

Fill the crucible
Jun 14, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
What an original thread.

The worlds not that Black & White (go pies) for instance, do we celebrate Rex Hunt for seeking her out as his calling partner all those years ago, or chide him for referring to her as "Kelli Underpants"

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Not my favourite, but honestly nowhere near as bad as she used to be.

She is certainly a lot better than several of the male commentators on Fox Sports, like Howie or Ben Homer.

I think part of the problem is that she is usually shunted with the crap/C Grade supporting commentary and special commentary team on Fox Footy. Put her alongside say Huddo with special comments from Derm and she would be more well liked if..

She Had to call the game yesterday next to David 'sensitive drama queen' King and Nick Dal Simpleton.

She cops the rough end of the pineapple I reckon.

Lensen

You've ruined the act, GOB
Feb 23, 2003
Brisbane
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood
The Stephenson second game thing was awkwardly phrased but she was talking about Will Phillips who passed it to Jaidyn

She's not particularly good but due to her gender she's treated online as horrendous by a (mostly male) group of viewers who can't stand women callers, and is overrated by the group who are more "progressive". She's well ahead of 7s version of BT and Dwayne, for example, but well below Bennett, Hudson etc. Maybe Hamish level

Back