Opinion Ken Hinkley Envy

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hinkley willing to go through some pain for a few years falling out of the 8 and re-jigging his side to get it how he wants. This is the result. Quick, skillful young side that executes how he wants. Scott has realised his vision too, though. Slow, lumbering, old and completely one-dimensional.

But making finals = good. Who cares if you always lose them.

Since this thread was started, Geelong have gone 4-9 in the finals compared to Port Adelaide 2-2.
Neither side has made it to a grand final.

Unfortunately for us, one team looks perfectly poised to get over that particular hurdle.

Since this thread was started, Geelong have gone 4-9 in the finals compared to Port Adelaide 2-2.

Unfortunately for us, one team looks perfectly poised to get over that particular hurdle.

Oh really?....they have zero chance of getting over that hurdle in 2020.........meanwhile...

Not as brave as you David, was waiting to see if we won tomorrow before bumping that nugget.

I wasn't forecasting a win...but last time I looked, we are still alive, and they aren't. He's writing us off, as per usual, before the ball is even bounced.

Wouldn't you just love running up the race in a Prelim with a teammate saying "Gee, I reckon Port will win one before us"

Of course that would never happen because with that mindset, its unlikely that you'd ever get that far, at any decent level.

What sort of supporter writes his team off before the game has even started.

We are right in this...the odds are perhaps stacked against us, but where there's life, there's hope....for most anyway.

Interestingly if Geelong win tonight it will be 6-9 (40%) vs Port's 2-3 (40%) and Geelong would have made it to a grand final. Don't worry - I think Brisbane are deservedly slight favourites - just sayin'.

Interestingly if Geelong win tonight it will be 6-9 (40%) vs Port's 2-3 (40%) and Geelong would have made it to a grand final. Don't worry - I think Brisbane are deservedly slight favourites - just sayin'.
Still a lot more chances blown than Port either way, so not really comparable. I believe this was the first time Port actually finished top 4 under Hinkley, right? The made a PF from outside the 4 in 2014 and pushed Hawthorn to the edge, which is a far better finals performance than we've seen from Geelong since 2011.

That said, and I'd readily concede, it's not to say Hinkley is better than Scott. Scott has of course got those finals chances a lot more than Hinkley. What I would say about Port under Hinkley, though, is that he's basically built two groups (initially in that 2013/14 period) and now, after stepping back a bit in the mid-2010s, that have both been comprised of some very exciting young prospects. Hinkley seems to have a penchant for developing young players and reconstructing competitive sides around them. It's perhaps just a matter of his gameday nous that lets him down. They played pretty dumb against Richmond, but then again, many times (including Geelong earlier in the year and the prelim last year) do as well.

A p
Oh really?....they have zero chance of getting over that hurdle in 2020.........meanwhile...
A pet hate trolling predictions then laughing at them if they’re wrong and all too quiet if they’re correct. Why do people do this? All over bigfooty. All clubs and all threads. Terrible.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hinkley willing to go through some pain for a few years falling out of the 8 and re-jigging his side to get it how he wants. This is the result. Quick, skillful young side that executes how he wants. Scott has realised his vision too, though. Slow, lumbering, old and completely one-dimensional.

But making finals = good. Who cares if you always lose them.
Good post.

You rarely make a prediction yourself. You just sit back, wait after the result and then go fishing for posts.

Well that's better than making a prediction, and then when its found to be totally wrong, racing back to the prediction and deleting it in the hope nobody sees it.

Frankly I dont think you're in any position to critique Nankervis brothers posting...

Well that's better than making a prediction, and then when its found to be totally wrong, racing back to the prediction and deleting it in the hope nobody sees it.

Frankly I dont think you're in any position to critique Nankervis brothers posting...

The greatest thing about those who go in for predictions around here is how they are so often the first to point back to their own 'special insight' on the occasions when they do actually come to pass. Kind of says it all about what's really going on when posters feel the need to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back