Ken Hinkley has a better win percentage than Ross Lyon

random260

Premiership Player
Apr 20, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Ken hinkley legacy will be that his single handily saved power from financial collapse and performance collapse.

They wore t shirts for him! In ken we trust

I think the bar is making the 6th for an extention. You can't get rid of him now when people like JHF and rioli look up to him.

jabba5114

Premiership Player
Jan 23, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Ken hinkley legacy will be that his single handily saved power from financial collapse and performance collapse.

I think the bar is making the 6th for an extention. You can't get rid of him now when people like JHF and rioli look up to him.
Yep and people will respect him for that forever but a time comes when it's time to separate. And if he doesn't win next year then it's time.

Sent from my motorola edge 30 pro using Tapatalk

El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Aston Villa, San Antonio Spurs

Ken Hinkley will be very, very poorly remembered at this club in the future. Players liking him is completely irrelevant. The Hinkley/Koch era is a dark age.

El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Highest win percentage of any Port Power coach.

This is meaningless. He's got a higher winning percentage than Hardwick, Sheedy and a host of other legendary coaches. It's not a metric any coach worth talking about is measured on.

We have made the finals 5 times in his 10 seasons, never making a grand final, and he is the only coach in V/AFL history to coach 10 full seasons without a flag.

May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man City, Valencia, Lazio, Panthers
Poort have had some absolutely elite assistants or have gone on to get the top job
Voss
Walsh
Richardson
Carr
Brett Montgomery

Over the last few years it's becoming clear that you need more then just a good head coach. You need very good assistants to get the best out of players and Port have definitely done this.

I don't know if Ross is up to the landscape clearly changed between him starting at freo and now

On paper his record speaks for itself but were talking over 10 years ago
bounce of a ball and he's a premiership coach
Port loses two Prelims by under a goal and Hinkley would be in the same category as Lyon

So Kenny is into dishlickers and drinks far too much coke zero.

who has the better coke cans percentage
Random question to crows fans. Can you lot name the coaching staff that was under Don Pyke when the crows made the grand final in 2017?

Scott Camporeale was one. I think Brett Burton was a fitness coach. David Noble left late 2016 or early 2017 to Brisbane and he was the crows list manager.

Kane McGoodwin , Drugs Are Bad Mackay? Any other assistant coaches the crows had in 2017?

Random question to crows fans. Can you lot name the coaching staff that was under Don Pyke when the crows made the grand final in 2017?

Scott Camporeale was one. I think Brett Burton was a fitness coach. David Noble left late 2016 or early 2017 to Brisbane and he was the crows list manager.

Kane McGoodwin , Drugs Are Bad Mackay? Any other assistant coaches the crows had in 2017?
From memory

Matty Clarke - ruck
Teague - forwards
JPod - defence

Oct 5, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide Bloods, Man City.

teague pods matty clarke and campo i think were all the seniors coaches. ryan o'keefe was there too

Plugger46

Club Legend
May 25, 2014
North Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
North Adelaide, Melbourne Stars

Campo
David Teague
Matty Clarke
these are the only 3 i recall

Jan 19, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
This is meaningless. He's got a higher winning percentage than Hardwick, Sheedy and a host of other legendary coaches. It's not a metric any coach worth talking about is measured on.

We have made the finals 5 times in his 10 seasons, never making a grand final, and he is the only coach in V/AFL history to coach 10 full seasons without a flag.

Mmm yes wins are not important. Got it.

a_fighting_fury

Premiership Player
May 7, 2007
Yarra Park
AFL Club
Richmond
It's 'cause he's a dweeb.

Unless you're a tech billionaire, the world just doesn't take dweebs seriously.

So is this the same Ross who’s your idea of a “tech billionaire”?

IMG_5127.JPG

Bennie the Nurse

Senior List
Dec 9, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Ken Hinkley is bad at every aspect of coaching, except maybe relationship building. But all that's gotten us is a group of players for whom winning isn't a priority, they aren't mentally consistent, and several of them co-own greyhounds with Hinkley.

He sucks and we all hate him.
Actually…….. “We“ don’t all hate him !! ….. the majority of supporters respect Ken Hinkley…… but the squeaky door gets the oil. The “Haters “ would sack Hinkley, Koch, Davies, Richardson, Alfie the Boot Studder and just about anyone …. because that’s how they think.

Apr 24, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda
To be fair, there were some pretty good players in the side then. Riewoldt, Hayes, Goddard, Milne etc.
No doubt but we were heading backwards under grant Thomas with that same team
Plus the after Ross Lyon St Kilda is at least partly Ross' fault for playing foot soldiers over developing young talent and running the list into the ground.
We were in a win now window if we had won those grand finals would you be making the same comment

El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Actually…….. “We“ don’t all hate him !! ….. the majority of supporters respect Ken Hinkley…… but the squeaky door gets the oil. The “Haters “ would sack Hinkley, Koch, Davies, Richardson, Alfie the Boot Studder and just about anyone …. because that’s how they think.

I'm neutral on Davies and you leave Alfie out of this, but if you think the majority of supporters still want Hinkley as coach at this point, you're absolutely kidding yourself.

El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
This makes zero sense. You need to win games to make finals right? Then you need to win finals to make the Grand final right?

He's winning less than 6 games out of 10 over a 10 year coaching stint. That doesn't automatically get you close to a flag, which Hinkley has demonstrated. Hasn't won a knockout final since 2014.

Sky

Doctor Demise
Feb 14, 2021
NT
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Raptors, Storm, Chelsea
How long has Koch been at Port because it took until today for me to agree with him on something.

Magic round in SA if it happens, please

Back