Autopsy Ken Hinkley - PAFC senior coach 2013 to 2019

Who will coach PAFC in 2020?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing I am most looking forward to in footy at the mo is the meme explosion on this board when the thumb with eyes finally gets the sack.

I honestly think i'll have a bit of a relief cry. It's like one of your children finally getting out of a toxic relationship.

I have never and will never forgive him for ruining John Butcher's career.

We joke, we love to joke, but Butcher being dropped for Sam Gray for round 4 2014 against the Lions at the Portress was simultaneously the canary in the coal mine for our selection and structure policies, and Ken Hinkley's first fun killing act. It was his first step in turning the footy into something I managed to enjoy during the depths of the Primus era winter, into something that I now struggle to enjoy.

The Essendon game that year was worse.

The Essendon game was absolutely worse because it cost us the game, and it was an undeniablely awful decision that actually got even the most gushing Hinkley admirers scratching their heads.

During the early parts of 2014, people were still so enamoured with life under Ken that the vast majority failed to see the Butcher omission for what it was. The announcement Ken Hinkley's philosophy that you don't need tall forwards. You don't need to play them. You don't need to develop them. The forward line will sort itself out. Football is 2 dimensional and height doesn't matter.

The Butcher omission was the canary though. The Essendon game was the first miner dying from carbon monoxide poisoning.

I won't miss the plethora of Hinkleyisms
We'll never give up
You get what you deserve
Someone's gotten lose
Work harder for longer
We look forward to the opportunity
It's a brutal competition
Youse
Stronger at the contest for longer
I'm sure there's plenty more.
Pordadelaide fooball

I've got this sense that some of you are optimistic that Hinkley will not be the coach after this season but I just don't feel this optimism at all and rather I'm still contemplating how I will endure another season under Hinkley. Am I missing some recent news or even hearsay that points to Hinks departing us?

I'd decided I was just going to post the Butcher post and leave this thread but this has me absolutely raging again thinking about it.

"Hey captain and elite midfielder who has pulled us over the line in game after game with his midfield and clearance work, we're going to put you in a role where the plan is that coming out of defence you sprint to space, we bomb the ball to you while you're swarmed with opponents, we maintain our defensive structure behind you (in case there's a turnover lol) without giving a solitary support runner or option to kick to ever, ??????, profit"
I'll never forgive him for Travis or the fact he seems to hate forward structures that make kicking goals the only important thing!

On SM-A530F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I've got this sense that some of you are optimistic that Hinkley will not be the coach after this season but I just don't feel this optimism at all and rather I'm still contemplating how I will endure another season under Hinkley. Am I missing some recent news or even hearsay that points to Hinks departing us?

Just the vibe. He's finally under some media pressure. The inconsistency is mounting up and now undeniable, even by the Care Bears in charge. He's saying in the media he ignores the external pressure which he is clearly feeling. He's selecting older players he hopes will be reliable and get him a result to release the pressure valve instead of coaching for the long term. It's classic death throes coaching. All we're missing is David Koch announcing that he's got the full support of the board and we can send out invites to the sacking party.

I won't miss the plethora of Hinkleyisms
We'll never give up
You get what you deserve
Someone's gotten lose
Work harder for longer
We look forward to the opportunity
It's a brutal competition
Youse
Stronger at the contest for longer
I'm sure there's plenty more.

It's a close competition
We have to play at our best

Each and every one of us have our own repetitive quotes but I'm happy to add a couple of more quotes form Ken.

Last edited:
i'm with you on this...

Our piss weak board wont sack him. I feel (and dread) that we will have to endure another 2 years of this yokel.
He'll keep peddling his snake oil and Koch will drink it from his bell end. Remember Koch says Hinkley is coaching at the top of his game. Those arent the words of someone who is sharpening his knife

While i would love for Hinkley to be given the DCM i am fully expecting he will see out his contract

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Today, on top of hints I have received from a senior Club executive, it is obvious to me that Hinkley is manipulating his own exit latest end of season ... and the Club is too stupid, too big a sucker, but to play along.
Every time I have heard Hinkley talk, since his Osama bin Laden terrorist speech on Sunday, it sounds to me like he is planning for an exit, with a big payout by year's end. He is saying some dumb things to guarantee an exit.

Just the vibe. He's finally under some media pressure. The inconsistency is mounting up and now undeniable, even by the Care Bears in charge. He's saying in the media he ignores the external pressure which he is clearly feeling. He's selecting older players he hopes will be reliable and get him a result to release the pressure valve instead of coaching for the long term. It's classic death throes coaching. All we're missing is David Koch announcing that he's got the full support of the board and we can send out invites to the sacking party.

I agree with everything above bar the 'vibe' but I hope you are right, perhaps the waves have yet to reach me, and the bit about Koch because our club is such a phenomenon that we break the rules of consistency, we redefine the rules of the typical, and so if Koch said he and the board fully support Ken then it would likely mean that he and the board fully support Ken. Of course I hope I am Wrong.

When a club that’s an even bigger mediocrity hub since 2004 than us consistently owns us, home or away, with the only wins under Hinkley coming when they were directly impacted by the WADA thing.

Amazing.

The bitter, selfish jerk got what he deserved.

Sadly, some of the players, and all of us fans, got what we did not deserve.

Today, on top of hints I have received from a senior Club executive, it is obvious to me that Hinkley is manipulating his own exit latest end of season ... and the Club is too stupid, too big a sucker, but to play along.
What does manipulating his own exit mean? Could you provide an example please.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

The Essendon game was absolutely worse because it cost us the game, and it was an undeniablely awful decision that actually got even the most gushing Hinkley admirers scratching their heads.

During the early parts of 2014, people were still so enamoured with life under Ken that the vast majority failed to see the Butcher omission for what it was. The announcement Ken Hinkley's philosophy that you don't need tall forwards. You don't need to play them. You don't need to develop them. The forward line will sort itself out. Football is 2 dimensional and height doesn't matter.

The Butcher omission was the canary though. The Essendon game was the first miner dying from carbon monoxide poisoning.
It seems like we are in a similar situation again, with Marshall, Frampton & Ladhams.

I hope he doesn't ruin these guys careers too.

Ask
Lockhart Road.

i'm with you on this...

Our piss weak board wont sack him. I feel (and dread) that we will have to endure another 2 years of this yokel.
He'll keep peddling his snake oil and Koch will drink it from his bell end. Remember Koch says Hinkley is coaching at the top of his game. Those arent the words of someone who is sharpening his knife

While i would love for Hinkley to be given the DCM i am fully expecting he will see out his contract

Agreed, and as Koch's most recent BS comment was only made last week once again his ego will almost certainly get in the way of any common sense decision, and like you I expect kern will either complete his contract, or at the very least survive until the midpoint of his final year.

My very real concern now is how much of a sh*t truck mess the 3 K trilogy will leave in their wake, hopefully the end result won't be Southern Power here we come! :'(

Since there’s currently three coaching jobs available next year, that’s three of the best coaches on the market that will be snapped up, so this club will worry that we won’t get any of the best options available and will likely back him in for another year.

Next year, he’ll get the flick though. 2020 will be just like 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back