Autopsy Ken Hinkley - PAFC senior coach 2013 to 2019

Who will coach PAFC in 2020?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since there’s currently three coaching jobs available next year, that’s three of the best coaches on the market that will be snapped up, so this club will worry that we won’t get any of the best options available and will likely back him in for another year.

Next year, he’ll get the flick though. 2020 will be just like 2010.
So we let the three best prospects get snapped up and then next year we're left with the options of....?

Schofield and Montgomery would have walked out if Ken is still here too.

Alberton Proud

Norm Smith Medallist
May 24, 2012
Beachside
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Magpiespower

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan
Dec 16, 2004
Salisbury
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Saw this thread pop up and got excited.

Skimmed the first few posts. Nothing confirmed Ken's sacking. Frustrating! So I went straight to Google and Port's social media. Nothing. Not a thing. Nada.

* deep disappointed sigh *

What a tease. A big f@%king tease. Biggest tease since Holly Hotstuff (not her real name) in year 12.

Holly was the arguably the hottest girl at our high school, universally top three. None of us had a chance, tho. She had a thing for African-Americans and would hit up Club America at Ambassador’s every weekend.

Years later, when I came home for my dying Dad's last days in 2004*, I bumped into her at a local pub where my fam was getting sh!t-faced as all Irish fams do in these situations (any situation, really.)

Holly was still hot but... had lived rough since high school. My dopey big brother was keen. So I did what any little brother would do. I utensil-blocked him for sh!ts 'n' giggles.

Anyway, I end up going to this crazy party with Holly and a bunch of randoms. This joint was Rough. As. Guts. It was on edge. Felt like someone was gonna bet bashed/raped/murdered at any time. Pretty sure I was the only one there who hadn't done time in Yatala.

Also, it became clear that Holly was gonna bonk my brains out.

Now, I tried to visualise 1992 Holly but kept getting snapped back to grim reality assorted ferals, roughnecks, drug dealers, repeat violent offenders and garden variety recidivist pieces of sh!t at this party.

Then the bikies rocked up.
And Holly called me into the kitchen.
Where she was shooting up smack.
Sharing a dirty syringe.
With some random.

"Want some?" She offered me the needle. "It's good sh!t."

After politely declining her AIDS invitation, I backed out of the kitchen, all the way to the front door, hurried down the driveway, crossed the street and got the f@%k out of Dodge.

tl;dr - after seven years, Ken is Holly, basically.

*Dad legit died after our round 22 win against the Crows, as if he was hanging on just to see us beat those campaigners one last time, lol.

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Jun 6, 2000
West Perth
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Woomera Centrals, Jazza
Saw this thread pop up and got excited.

Skimmed the first few posts. Nothing confirmed Ken's sacking. Frustrating! So I went straight to Google and Port's social media. Nothing. Not a thing. Nada.

* deep disappointed sigh *

What a tease. A big f@%king tease. Biggest tease since Holly Hotstuff (not her real name) in year 12.

Holly was the arguably the hottest girl at our high school, universally top three. None of us had a chance, tho. She had a thing for African-Americans and would hit up Club America at Ambassador’s every weekend.

Years later, when I came home for my dying Dad's last days in 2004*, I bumped into her at a local pub where my fam was getting sh!t-faced as all Irish fams do in these situations (any situation, really.)

Holly was still hot but... had lived rough since high school. My dopey big brother was keen. So I did what any little brother would do. I utensil-blocked him for sh!ts 'n' giggles.

Anyway, I end up going to this crazy party with Holly and a bunch of randoms. This joint was Rough. As. Guts. It was on edge. Felt like someone was gonna bet bashed/raped/murdered at any time. Pretty sure I was the only one there who hadn't done time in Yatala.

Also, it became clear that Holly was gonna bonk my brains out.

Now, I tried to visualise 1992 Holly but kept getting snapped back to grim reality assorted ferals, roughnecks, drug dealers, repeat violent offenders and garden variety recidivist pieces of sh!t at this party.

Then the bikies rocked up.
And Holly called me into the kitchen.
Where she was shooting up smack.
Sharing a dirty syringe.
With some random.

"Want some?" She offered me the needle. "It's good sh!t."

After politely declining her AIDS invitation, I backed out of the kitchen, all the way to the front door, hurried down the driveway, crossed the street and got the f@%k out of Dodge.

tl;dr - after seven years, Ken is Holly, basically.

*Dad legit died after our round 22 win against the Crows, as if he was hanging on just to see us beat those campaigners one last time, lol.

NTTAWWT.

Magus

Cancelled
10k Posts Bring Back the Bars
Dec 31, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Dallas Mavericks

This is your best post yet. Legit giggled my head off at the bolded bit.

There's no way the club have the balls to sack him and appoint one of the new assistants, no way at all.

Sod the coaching merry go round, give Monty and Schofield a go!

When a club that’s an even bigger mediocrity hub since 2004 than us consistently owns us, home or away, with the only wins under Hinkley coming when they were directly impacted by the WADA thing.

Amazing.

Even that game was hard work. Other teams had pummeled them, but we bumbled our way to one of our many uninspiring home wins.

So is he sacked or not? How many threads wanting him gone do we need?

Yeah, I tend to agree. What have we got running now, like five. Mods need to reign it in a little before we all die from a bile overdose.

Magus

Cancelled
10k Posts Bring Back the Bars
Dec 31, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Dallas Mavericks
Even that game was hard work. Other teams had pummeled them, but we bumbled our way to one of our many uninspiring home wins.

Up by 10 goals at QT and I thought "here we go, this will be a smashing.."

Won by the same margin. What a bore.

Even though im looking forward to someone different, ill still look back on the good times under Honkley, and forget the many many bad times

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back