Autopsy Ken Hinkley - PAFC senior coach 2013 to 2019

Who will coach PAFC in 2020?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Janus deserves the break.

The rest of us saw the Brisbane loss coming a mile away and stopped letting ourselves get so hurt a couple of seasons ago. Janus goes into every game expecting us to flog a team off the park. His level of hurt is still enormous.

Don't you discriminate against my level of hurt even though I expect us to lose. It still stings

I won't miss the plethora of Hinkleyisms
We'll never give up
You get what you deserve
Someone's gotten lose
Work harder for longer
We look forward to the opportunity
It's a brutal competition
Youse
Stronger at the contest for longer
I'm sure there's plenty more.

"He won't work on not getting better at that."

I won't miss the plethora of Hinkleyisms
We'll never give up
You get what you deserve
Someone's gotten lose
Work harder for longer
We look forward to the opportunity
It's a brutal competition
Youse
Stronger at the contest for longer
I'm sure there's plenty more.
"He won't work on not getting better at that."
View attachment 711705
*in LOL :D

Plus "we seen it comin"
"We done it" etc

While I did hold on to feelings of warmth towards Ken due to 2013-14, that goodwill is now entirely eroded due to his constant shitting on the club.

Get the * out of the club, and I genuinely hope the door hits you on the way out.

I'm not going to look back on the Hinkley years with any fondness.
If he packed his bags and left for Gold Coast in 2016/17. We'd be saying thanks for 2013/14. But the additional pain of 2017-present on top of 2015/16 removes that.

I definitely will the first two years, they were pretty good after years of failure. Plus we actually played proper footy, he took the reigns off, let the players play, and it was exciting attacking proper footy.
The minute the 2015 preseason finished and round one we chipped it around to a boring slow miserable defensive slop on a low scoring loss to freo to his ultimate end will be remembered as a total waste of time and talent. He only has himself to blame for that.

There's a decent chance Boaky wins the brownlow this year, a decent chance we make finals and a decent chance we win the rising star - all in the same year, and yet there's negativity everywhere you look on this board. What the hell? Why do we need a second "our coach sucks and can't wait til he's gone" thread? ....
Coming back to your defence of Hinkley as coach;

The Brownlow is an individual award and has very little if anything to do with te coach. In the case of Boak we are seeing him consistently playing the best footy of his career being back as a midfielder after wasted seasons where Hinkley insisted on playing him as a forward. So if Boak wins the Brownlow this season it will just underline how clueless a coach Hinkley is.

The Rising Star is also an individual award for the best first year player. A player who has just been drafted as a raw talent and not one that has been developed by the club or the current senior coach. So the only possible credit Hinkley can get for this is that he actually played a top ten draft pick rather than have him play a few seasons in the SNAFL to prove he is worthy. Our Rising Start nominees are just fortunate that they are only around six foot tall.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's a decent chance Boaky wins the brownlow this year, a decent chance we make finals and a decent chance we win the rising star - all in the same year, and yet there's negativity everywhere you look on this board. What the hell? Why do we need a second "our coach sucks and can't wait til he's gone" thread?, its in basically every thread anyway.

I really hope we win this week, sick of so much negativity.

Boak won’t win the Brownlow
We won’t make finals
We won’t win rising star

We will have not made too 4 since 07
Not won a final since 14
Last Grand Final win 04!!!!!

I'll look back fondly on the false dawns of 2013/14. Those years were a lot of fun. I had some very good times with friends travelling interstate with optimism and there was also the shiny new toy that was Adelaide Oval. 2013 was a pretty s**t year as my Nan was diagnosed with cancer in Janurary and died in August. It was an awful drawn out process and Port in 2013 really helped me get through a lot of it.

I'll remember the energy Ken brought to the club in those years but the goodwill has well and truly gone and the negatives far outweigh the positives by 100 to 1.

The Brownlow is an individual award and has very little if anything to do with te coach.
There is a slight team nature to the Brownlow, in that its easier for players to get three votes when their team is winning. Players have to well and truly stand out to pick up 3 votes in a losing performance. Note: Stand out does include having the commentary talk you up constantly as the greatest player in the game.

Boaky doesn't really have the nation wide profile to get carried along "C Judd 3 votes" style.

Our loses being pathetic team wide capitulations doesn't help. It means that even if Boaky does really well in loses, there's going to be 2 or 3 opponents on the winning side who have similar performances.

There is a slight team nature to the Brownlow, in that its easier for players to get three votes when their team is winning. Players have to well and truly stand out to pick up 3 votes in a losing performance. ....
That is why I said it has little to do with the coach and not nothing to do with the coach.

Judd won his second Brownlow in 2010 when Carlton won 11 games. Rucciuto won his Brownlow in 2003 when the Camry Crows won 13 games but he didn't have the profile of Judd.

If Boak wins the Brownlow I'm sure you'll give due praise to Hinkley.

Today, on top of hints I have received from a senior Club executive, it is obvious to me that Hinkley is manipulating his own exit latest end of season ... and the Club is too stupid, too big a sucker, but to play along.

If this could be proved, i.e playing mid year recruits with no form in unfamiliar positions, surely there is grounds for dismissal without honouring the contract?

If this could be proved, i.e playing mid year recruits with no form in unfamiliar positions, surely there is grounds for dismissal without honouring the contract?
This by itself, a la Dean Bailey RIP, would not hold water. There is but one mid-year recruit at PAFC.

There is a slight team nature to the Brownlow, in that its easier for players to get three votes when their team is winning. Players have to well and truly stand out to pick up 3 votes in a losing performance. Note: Stand out does include having the commentary talk you up constantly as the greatest player in the game.

Boaky doesn't really have the nation wide profile to get carried along "C Judd 3 votes" style.

Our loses being pathetic team wide capitulations doesn't help. It means that even if Boaky does really well in loses, there's going to be 2 or 3 opponents on the winning side who have similar performances.
The other angle to that is that if you're playing in a really good team, then others will take votes away as well. Even if you are a better player than whoever eventually wins it. I reckon that was one of the main reasons Gav narrowly missed out on his second when he played for us, there were so many other good players around him that got votes most weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back