Ken Hinkley- Tigers Coach????

Remove this Banner Ad

Nothing official yet, but has come in from $3.50 third fav to $2.40 favourite on Sportingbet in the last 24 hours. So there's either a weight of money - most of which you'd suspect to be informed - or the bookies have heard something.

Haven't got any emails yet, but just a gut feel that says the announcement will be made Friday while I'm sitting in the movies and will miss out on it altogether.

Haven't got any emails yet, but just a gut feel that says the announcement will be made Friday while I'm sitting in the movies and will miss out on it altogether.

Kenny from Camperdown might be a busy boy on friday - going from Richmond presser to helping beat the Dishlickers later that night.

Kenny from Camperdown might be a busy boy on friday - going from Richmond presser to helping beat the Dishlickers later that night.
Just saying that knowing my luck an announcement would be made while I was unable to hear it.

I thought Hardwick had another year on his contract with the Hawks and the only out clause was in relation to a Senior coaching gig. It'll be interesting to see if the Hawks let their man leave for another assistants job.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It would be hard for Collingwood if Richardson got the Richmond Job. Losing 2 outstanding assistant coaches in a week.

Bet there are a some fingers crossed behind backs now at Lexus that one of the others get the nod.:rolleyes:
Richardson is at the Bombers not the Pies.

It would be hard for Collingwood if Richardson got the Richmond Job. Losing 2 outstanding assistant coaches in a week.

Bet there are a some fingers crossed behind backs now at Lexus that one of the others get the nod.:rolleyes:
Errr - there's something you don't know about Richardson. :p

I'll feel sorry for whoever gets the job at Richmond - its short to medium term prospects look totally bleak. The whole club requires a massive cultural revolution before even beginning yet another re-build.

I think Alan Richardson is the perfect fit for Richmond.

He has worked with/under one of football's legends in Michael Malthouse.

He is also brilliant at player development.

He was responsible for setting up Collingwood's youth academy and player development that has yielded excellent results. His ability to fast track youngsters and be able to work with all of them individually is going to be indispensible for a club like Richmond who have many under-developed players on their list.

Also, you need to keep in mind the shallow talent pool that is the draft over the next few years so player development and building from within is going to be pivotal for any future success.

I've heard Richo speak many times during his time at Collingwood and he is an impressive young man.

One thing is for certain, whoever gets the job is in for a very difficult time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back