Ken Hinkley - Why Was He Ever Doubted ??

Remove this Banner Ad

Most of your fans (on here I should add, not normal ones) want him sacked even if he does. The musings on your hatred thread over there get more comical after every win.

And those same fans are saying it's all Carr at the moment (yes of course it sounds logical that Hinkley would just hand over head coaching to someone else..) and the minute your team loses or loses a final... who will suddenly be in charge again?

I actually agree he does need to make a GF this year and I do agree that he was lucky to retain his job last year and the year before you made the two prelims.. but he's there. It's not his fault. The players love him clearly and hating him because he's there is stupidity at its peak. Blame your board, blame your chairman but a guy doing his job is hated because he hasn't given up? Right...

I apologise for thinking they'd make the prelim.
It's all a bit predictable. Victorian media spearheaded by Geelong supporters who grew up watching Ken Hinkley campaign for his reappointment like there's no possible alternative. Hinkley gets a contract extension. Port exit finals in a prelim. Nobody in Victorian media cares one jot. Port fans live with the decision.

If they lose this, be interesting to see how Kane Cornes twists this one around. He's been adamant Ken is the man for a long time. Even had the audacity to stick the boots into Warren Tredrea for questioning Ken in the off season.

Interesting week ahead.

The guy is the coaching equivalent of the Jake Stringer in terms of his ability to turn it on when he’s out of contract.

To be fair port over performed this year. Dog s**t defence, flakey forwards and a young midfield. They’ll keep him for the next 2 years no doubt.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be fair port over performed this year. Dog s**t defence, flakey forwards and a young midfield. They’ll keep him for the next 2 years no doubt.
Exactly.
Reckon Kenny’s done a fantastic job to get this port team this far.
If anything he’s a victim of his own coaching prowess
Port supporters should be very grateful they’ve got this bloke still at the helm for the next 2 years.. and maybe more

Remove this Banner Ad

Back