Injury Kennedy's Hamstring (Update 18/8: Pulled up well - No Tear - Won't risk him this week)

Remove this Banner Ad

vonn

Bigfooty Legend
10k Posts Pokemon is Life Meet-Up Master Pantskyle Podcaster WCE Wings Guernsey Casey Tutungi Future Fund
Sep 29, 2008
AFL Club
Sydney
Swans coach John Longmire said Kennedy had complained of hamstring tightness in the first quarter and was unsure about the star midfielder's prospects until he gets scans in the coming days.

"He just had some hamstring tightness," Longmire said.

"He didn't feel it go, but it felt tight at the back end of the first quarter.

"He went out at the start of the second and tried to get it going and was still a bit tight in his hamstring, so we subbed him off.

"If Josh Kennedy has a tight hamstring, he's coming off."

jokiKan

Team Captain
Sep 27, 2005
AFL Club
Sydney
He didn't feel anything go, just tightness in hammy, so it's not a Grade 2 or 3. So most likely a Grade 1 tear which is 3 weeks approx. Grade 1 tears will often feel like tightness but in fact they are small tears.

We will just have to win without him, hopefully Michell comes in and plays well

Tuco

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts SuperCoach Club Board Winner
Sep 28, 2005
Between ANZ & the SCG
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Bloods
Win one for confirmation bias then. I'll sleep easy until the scan results then. :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apr 7, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Coney Island, GWS, The Exers!
See work nights coach shitty little league (*ers won btw, hopefully next week's games a little later) pass out exhausted on the lounge before the first bounce, check bigfooty before afl.come.au

And get confronted with a Kennedy injury thread. * you all I nearly died.

GoTheSwannies

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 5, 2009
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
i think i overheard him say that he felt tightness early and did something to it and it got worse. so id say he tore it, whether or not its a bad tear is the question

i think i overheard him say that he felt tightness early and did something to it and it got worse. so id say he tore it, whether or not its a bad tear is the question

Heard him? Are you matt cameron?

RW

Cancelled
10k Posts Sydney Forum Service Medal Sydney Swans - Jake Lloyd 2020 Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor Sydney Swans - Harry Cunningham 2019 Player Sponsor Ex-Moderator Sydney Swans - Gary Rohan Player Sponsor 2018 Sydney Swans - George Hewett Player Sponsor 2017 Sydney Swans - Callum Mills Player Sponsor 2016 Podcaster
Jan 11, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Back