Injury Kennedy's Hamstring (Update 18/8: Pulled up well - No Tear - Won't risk him this week)

Remove this Banner Ad

Kennedy didn't look too worried when he was on the bench.

It's probably not too serious, and we should have the depth to cover him next week. After that it gets more tricky.

Rubbish player anyway, we're probably better off without him.

I watched a replay of the game again. He grabbed his hamstring a number of times in that first Q. It s after he was tackled from behind. It almost looked more like a cork to the back of the hamstring when the issue may have come up for Josh. He continued to play. i'm hoping he didn't aggravate it any more after the initial grab at his hamstring.

Hopefully because we were doing things quite comfortably at that stage of the game, Horse took him off to not risk things unnecessarily.

Let's all stay positive. Three weeks away from finals, Im thinking maybe the club was tossing up whether someone like JPK should be rested in one of these games against the Saints & Bulldogs any way.

We need McGlynn, JPK & Buddy all available throughout the finals.

It's also not unfeasible that Buddy wins the Coleman, Kennedy wins the Brownlow & McGlynn wins the Norm Smith Medal, that way the Hawk supporters can continue to boast about what a remarkable year they've had in 2014.;)
Relax fellow Swans.
We smashed the Saints today with a team including these names.
Cunningham, Rampe, Biggs, Laidler, Lloyd, Rohan & Towers. That is 7 of 22 players or 30% of our team including players that are just learning the ropes in our system.
I'm just happy that we are sitting on top whilst still introducing new 'Blood' into our team.
Oh yeah..........Buddy & Tippett are still learning the ropes too I might add!
Hopefully the Hawks & Freo hammer each other this week & the Hawks & Cats do the same next week.

Wait.......that's a double hammering for the Hawks! It's a conspiracy by the AFL.............& all that!

Go Bloods!

So who out of you Sydneysiders is taking one for the BF team and getting out to Coogee or Bondi to see how/if JPK is doing at recovery this morning?

Well apparently he complained of tightness in the first. Worked on it. And when it was still tight on the second we subbed him. No tear we hope. But can't see us risking him for Brownlow votes.

Fingers crossed he'll be back for the Tigers.

If McGlynn's already ruled out for next week then I'd be staggered if Kennedy plays.

And if we beat the Doggies top 2 is sealed and the Richmond game becomes a dead rubber, so I'd rest him for that too.

Larkins on now

- Kennedy had tightness in warmup. Subbed precautionary. Misses 1 week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So why start him then?

He must've felt he'd be right, club says fine but as soon as you feel anything you're off.

If what Larkins says is true and it was picked up in the warmup there's no chance in hell I would've played him.

They really should've been more cautious with Kennedy. If his hamstring is tight in the warm up, they (or Kennedy) should've pulled the plug. Noone wants another McGlynn situation to occur given the time of year, particularly with a player of Joeys importance.

I'm sure he's disappointed with his decision to play so no need to harp on about it. I'm sure he'll do everything he can to get it right for finals.

Sounds about right for our medical staff though.

During warm-up...

JPK - Hey MC got a bit of tightness in the hammy buddy. Just a FYI.

MC - No problemo mate. Tell ya what you trot out there and try it for 4 -6 minutes and see what it feels like.

JPK - 4-6? Seems legit.

Sounds about right for our medical staff though.

During warm-up...

JPK - Hey MC got a bit of tightness in the hammy buddy. Just a FYI.

MC - No problemo mate. Tell ya what you trot out there and try it for 4 -6 minutes and see what it feels like.

JPK - 4-6? Seems legit.

Yep then comes to the boundary at quarter time

Jpk its a little tight
Longmire s**t sub off straight away you are too valuable

10 mins later matt cameron on the phone

Mc horse birdy has buggered his knee
Horse just tape it send him back out

Mc reidy has a sore back
Horse tell him just to run around and do nothing
Mc whats new

Ok im sleepy

Remove this Banner Ad