Kenny Dalglish

Remove this Banner Ad

Why do we Suck ?

Because you seem to live in the past. Bringing a manager back who is past it (he was terrible at Celtic when he filled in after Barnes was sacked in 2000) and hoping he can bring the good times back from a time before Sky, before the term 'premier league' and before the champions league. The world has changed unfortunately.

This is the worst Liverpool have played in a very long time and their fans are happy to admit Woy wasn't up to the job but are still in denial about Kenny not being up to the job.

But hey it's all about cups apparently and I only support a Scottish team so what would I know.

Bringing a manager back who is past it

The team did well in the 2nd half of last season so he deserved a contract, albeit not a 3 year one which was stupidity.

After that it's obviously gone **** up but it certainly wasn't wrong to keep him after his half a season stint.

Hoping we try and mutually terminate his contract after the season but the stubborn old man probably wont do it.

Is picking on Liverpool now like a bully who taunts the wimpy kid?

You know it's not really worth but it still is funny!
Not to complicate an analogy too much, but it's like a bully picking on you, then you finding out something embarassing about them that you give it back to 10 times worse and will never stop enjoying giving it to them knowing the crap they give out before.

The team did well in the 2nd half of last season so he deserved a contract, albeit not a 3 year one which was stupidity.

After that it's obviously gone **** up but it certainly wasn't wrong to keep him after his half a season stint.

Hoping we try and mutually terminate his contract after the season but the stubborn old man probably wont do it.
When did Kenny return to the club? Didn't things start going bad for Rafa when KD returned originally in his ambassador role or something?

edit - KD returned to the club officially in July 2009.

Wikipedia said:
In April 2009 Liverpool manager Rafael Benítez invited Dalglish to take up a role at the club's youth academy. The appointment was confirmed in July 2009,[46] and Dalglish was also made the club's ambassador.[17]
Following Benítez's departure from Liverpool in June 2010, Dalglish was asked to help find a replacement, and in July Fulham's Roy Hodgson was appointed manager.[47] However, a poor series of results at the start of the 2010–11 season led to Liverpool fans calling for Dalglish's return as manager as early as October 2010,[48] and with no subsequent improvement in Liverpool's results up to the end of the year (during which time the club was bought by New England Sports Ventures),[49] Hodgson left Liverpool and Dalglish was appointed caretaker manager on 8 January 2011

Looks like as well as dud signings, he was also at fault for signing Roy Hodgson.

You're right, they did do well under him in the second half of the season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a wonderful bloke King Claptrap is.

Not only does he come out and stand up for his players to be allowed to get away with being racist pigs on the playing field, he completely humiliates Carroll by taking him off in front of the home team fans that used to love him but now despise him and thereby, giving them a free kick at Carroll's dignity.

Well done **** head: long may you reign !

What a wonderful bloke King Claptrap is.

Not only does he come out and stand up for his players to be allowed to get away with being racist pigs on the playing field, he completely humiliates Carroll by taking him off in front of the home team fans that used to love him but now despise him and thereby, giving them a free kick at Carroll's dignity.
I think this will absolutely shatter what was left of Carroll's confidence, i saw his face when he was coming off the pitch and you could clearly tell he hated where he was.

Not only does he come out and stand up for his players to be allowed to get away with being racist pigs on the playing field...

:rolleyes:

Kenny (and Liverpool) have been terrible recently and deserve criticism but there is criticism and there is defamation and that comment is defamatory and the sort of comment that should not be tolerated on this board (or any).

I'll probably be accused of being a racist, whinging Liverpool supporter but that comment is disgraceful and taking club allegiances out of the equation, I am sure that most fair-minded people would agree.

Subbing off Carroll was a horrible, horrible, horrible decision, it was hanging the lad out to dry, and he was like our only decent player on the day, too

Playing Carra week in week out when he's s**t is also amongst the worst

Interesting English summer ahead with Man City Spurs Chelsea and possibly us all looking for a manager

:rolleyes:

Kenny (and Liverpool) have been terrible recently and deserve criticism but there is criticism and there is defamation and that comment is defamatory and the sort of comment that should not be tolerated on this board (or any).

I'll probably be accused of being a racist, whinging Liverpool supporter but that comment is disgraceful and taking club allegiances out of the equation, I am sure that most fair-minded people would agree.

I will not apologise for coming to a conclusion based on Dalglish's actions.

I fell terribly sorry for Liverpool fans 'cause Liverpool were synonymous with everything that was good about football but Dalglish has brought his club and the game into disrepute with his extraordinary stand on racism within the game.

I do not believe that Liverpool fans are inherently racist, far from it.

I believe that Dalglish has given succour to those who are racists both within and outside of football.

I think this will absolutely shatter what was left of Carroll's confidence, i saw his face when he was coming off the pitch and you could clearly tell he hated where he was.

Yeah, enough to drive him to drink.

This could well break this young man. I really hope not though.

The quicker Liverpool **** off Dalglish, the better for the club and football.

from football365:

"Liverpool have picked up just seven points from their last ten PL games. Roy Hodgson's Liverpool picked up 13 points from the same number of games before he was sacked"

Since Dalglish returned, things have turn into s**t. And I don't mean as manager. Returning in an official capacity at the club, things have gone from top of the league in 2008/09 to here.

I think him being there during Rafa's final year underminded his authority. The fans adored Kenny and having him around was detrimental to Rafa and they fell away, finishing 7th.

Rafa was then dismissed and KD hired Roy. Roy never had a chance with Kenny in the background.

Found this beauty

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...-Dalglish-tells-Liverpool-return-manager.html

After parting company with Rafa Benitez last week, the club issued a statement saying that Dalglish would lead the search for a new manager alongside managing director Christian Purslow.

But the 59-year-old, who quit as Liverpool boss in 1991 before going on to manage Blackburn and Newcastle, has taken one look at the shortlist of candidates and decided he could do a better job than those who have so far been identified.

Rafa was then dismissed and KD hired Roy . Roy never had a chance with Kenny in the background.

That is not true, Purslow and co hired RFH. That's after interviewing the likes of Manuel Pellegrini, they decided that owl faced twat would do a better job with his 35 years of experience

Remove this Banner Ad

Back