Kenny Dalglish

Remove this Banner Ad

I will not apologise for coming to a conclusion based on Dalglish's actions.

I fell terribly sorry for Liverpool fans 'cause Liverpool were synonymous with everything that was good about football but Dalglish has brought his club and the game into disrepute with his extraordinary stand on racism within the game.

I do not believe that Liverpool fans are inherently racist, far from it.

I believe that Dalglish has given succour to those who are racists both within and outside of football.

Sorry, you have quite clearly suggested in the above post (as well as in numerous others on the topic) that Dalglish actively promotes, or at the very least, condones, racism on the part of his players. That is a very serious, and I would argue defamatory, allegation. Unless you have evidence to back up your allegation, then I would suggest that you are treading on very dangerous territory.

I'm not sure why I'm bothering and the issue has been done to death, but for the thousandth time:

Liverpool's defence of Suarez does not necessarily amount to any overt or tacit support or approval of racism. Instead, its defence of Suarez was grounded in its genuine and vehement belief that Suarez was not guilty of the offence with which he was charged.

It really is that simple.

Only still in the job due to his iconic status. Any other would be gone by now, league cup or no league cup they would be gonski. FA Cup may just save him. He left the first time due to the pressures of the job, he couldn`t put himself under any more pressure than what he`s under now. The bloke should be putting his feet up, but comes across as extremely stubborn.

Agreed Windyhill. Only reason he still has a job is because of his iconic status and the fact we may yet to the cup double. I think if we win the FA Cup is might buy him one more season or at least start the 12/13 season as manager. If he doesnt win the FA Cup I think he will be replaced in the summer.

Sorry, you have quite clearly suggested in the above post (as well as in numerous others on the topic) that Dalglish actively promotes, or at the very least, condones, racism on the part of his players. That is a very serious, and I would argue defamatory, allegation. Unless you have evidence to back up your allegation, then I would suggest that you are treading on very dangerous territory.

I'm not sure why I'm bothering and the issue has been done to death, but for the thousandth time:

Liverpool's defence of Suarez does not necessarily amount to any overt or tacit support or approval of racism. Instead, its defence of Suarez was grounded in its genuine and vehement belief that Suarez was not guilty of the offence with which he was charged.

It really is that simple.

Really that simple?

Suarez was found guilty of racism and Kenny Dudlish was still defending him :rolleyes:

What make you of that?

Since Dalglish returned, things have turn into s**t. And I don't mean as manager. Returning in an official capacity at the club, things have gone from top of the league in 2008/09 to here.

I think him being there during Rafa's final year underminded his authority. The fans adored Kenny and having him around was detrimental to Rafa and they fell away, finishing 7th.

Rafa was then dismissed and KD hired Roy. Roy never had a chance with Kenny in the background.

IIRC there was a bit of a campaign to "find a position" for him at the club as well before he did return. Gerrard was quite prominent saying that he should have a role, and back then it struck me as a bit underhand.

Really that simple?

Suarez was found guilty of racism and Kenny Dudlish was still defending him :rolleyes:

What make you of that?

"Dudlish"? Are you 12?

Kenny was defending Suarez because quite clearly he did not believe that Suarez was guilty of the offence with which he was charged. He was not defending Suarez because he (Dalgish) is inherently racist, either passively or overtly. Unless you have evidence which proves categorically that Dalglish and Liverpool defended Suarez because they are inherently racist?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was bought before Kenny was manager, it would look too obvious if he got rid of Johnson and Sterling straight away like he wants to.

He clearly wants a team of Skrtel, Shelvey and Agger lookalikes. I wouldn't be surprised if Skrtel has a swastika tattooed on his chest

with the amount of talented black players on the market - dalglish's purchases so far have an interesting tinge to them. as does liverpool's side for that matter.
the all whites!

His first stint here he bought John Barnes. That was one of the best in our history, and possibly the first black player to play for us

That also brought us the great entertainment that is Barnesy's rapping

The club should be employing Barnesy in some capacity, he clearly has a great idea about all this PR and racial stuff than the whole of England combined. It's all just xenophobic nationalism that the English media harps on about which in the end misses the greater issue of race

The club should be employing Barnesy in some capacity, he clearly has a great idea about all this PR and racial stuff than the whole of England combined.

I think he's a club ambassador, I'm sure he is employed in some capacity anyway. He was certainly very busy spreading the club word during the whole Suarez saga.

Beyond that I think he was in on the committee with the PM on race and sport and stuff like that.

"Dudlish"? Are you 12?

Kenny was defending Suarez because quite clearly he did not believe that Suarez was guilty of the offence with which he was charged. He was not defending Suarez because he (Dalgish) is inherently racist, either passively or overtly. Unless you have evidence which proves categorically that Dalglish and Liverpool defended Suarez because they are inherently racist?

Lighten up :rolleyes:

Kenny still supports a person who has been found guilty of making racist remarks

Demons, Rebels and Victory cut ties with their sponsor EnergyWatch because the head was found guilty of making racist remarks

Kenny is backward in his views, he accepts racism, not once has he come out to condone it, he blindly denies it, you blindly deny it...Work it out

Wow? Really??
Yes, because i was completely serious....:eek:. always give my cousin s**t about the Liverpool team saying they work with the BNP or something during the week since the are obviously not training for the games on the weekend. Good natured banter.

I think he's a club ambassador, I'm sure he is employed in some capacity anyway. He was certainly very busy spreading the club word during the whole Suarez saga.

Beyond that I think he was in on the committee with the PM on race and sport and stuff like that.

Rubbish, he was hardly on the club's side at all. In fact he was critical of the club's stance in a lot of it, saying Suarez should've just apologised at the very start and move

He's the president of the Liverpool's disabled supporters association, which is fantastic, but doesn't have a role in the football side of things on and off the field, so you're wrong there again

Lighten up :rolleyes:

Kenny still supports a person who has been found guilty of making racist remarks

Demons, Rebels and Victory cut ties with their sponsor EnergyWatch because the head was found guilty of making racist remarks

Kenny is backward in his views, he accepts racism, not once has he come out to condone it, he blindly denies it, you blindly deny it...Work it out

He didn't support Suarez because he is racist, he supported Suarez because he believed in the innocence of his player. Standing by a player does not necessarily amount to acceptance, approval or support of racism.

It's not THAT difficult to understand, is it?

But since you claimed that he accepts and condones racism: http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/jan/14/kenny-dalglish-will-not-tolerate-racism

"We do not want and will not tolerate racism or discrimination anywhere near football and certainly not anywhere near this football club.

The club is blessed with a worldwide fanbase, made up of different nationalities and diverse cultures, all of whom come together as part of the Liverpool family. The club will continue its proud record of fighting all forms of discrimination."

And funny you should mention clubs in Melbourne cutting ties with EnergyWatch. If Kenny and/or Liverpool were such racist institutions, then surely sponsors worldwide would be queueing up to sever relations with Liverpool FC?

He didn't support Suarez because he is racist, he supported Suarez because he believed in the innocence of his player. Standing by a player does not necessarily amount to acceptance, approval or support of racism.

So Kenny's denial of what took place (even though Suatez was found guilty of racism) justifies and/or excuses his support of a proven racist...ok then I guess that makes him, what??? :rolleyes:

Like I said earlier, dud manager who has taken Liverpool to 8th spot one win better than 13th spot or 14 points from relegation, yet 34 points from 1st place.

He thinks old school...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back