BlueBen

Premiership Player
Jul 18, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Liverpool
So Kenny's denial of what took place (even though Suatez was found guilty of racism) justifies and/or excuses his support of a proven racist...ok then I guess that makes him, what??? :rolleyes:

It makes him fiercely defensive in support of his player, perhaps exceedingly and unjustifiably so. At worst, it makes him misguided. But it does not make him racist.

There is a clear distinction between defending a player because you genuinely believe that player to be innocent (i.e. Dalglish and Liverpool) and defending a player because you are inherently racist.

I'm not sure how I could possibly be any more clear.

tin foil hat stuff buddy. the evidence is there.

Ah, BigFooty's master of selective outrage. How are Heskey's legs?

What evidence? Go on, prove beyond reasonable doubt (or even on the balance of probabilities) that Kenny Dalglish is racist, and not simply overly loyal in his support of one his team's players.

Good luck.

gaelictiogar

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 23, 2006
east melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
It makes him fiercely defensive in support of his player, perhaps exceedingly and unjustifiably so. At worst, it makes him misguided. But it does not make him racist.

There is a clear distinction between defending a player because you genuinely believe that player to be innocent (i.e. Dalglish and Liverpool) and defending a player because you are inherently racist.

What evidence? Go on, prove beyond reasonable doubt (or even on the balance of probabilities) that Kenny Dalglish is racist, and not simply overly loyal in his support of one his team's players.

Good luck.

You are spot on mate. I think Dalglish is a sour wooden poor manager and I dislike the sentiment riddled Liverpool Never walk alone nonsense but the racism stuff is ridiculous.

There are a hell of a lot of people being "whiter than white" about this who if every word they ever uttered was analysed would be seen to have uttered many a sexist or racist or off colour or offensive thing. I know I have but I'm actually a mild inoffensive bloke in the round. You have. Those arguing with you have as well. Fact is we all have.

We really do need to stop the silly self righteous mock hysteria. The fact that Kenny thought Suarez had been shw trialled does not make him a racist.

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
Yes, because i was completely serious....:eek:. always give my cousin s**t about the Liverpool team saying they work with the BNP or something during the week since the are obviously not training for the games on the weekend. Good natured banter.

There is good natured banter and then their is calling Skrtel a Nazi. Pretty wrong.

Jul 16, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
MUFC, Storm, Rebels
Liverpool manager Kenny Dalglish:
"They got the early goal and that gave them something to hold on to. They had a great deal of resolve in trying to stem the flow of the game.
"From about 20 minutes before half-time until the end of the game I think the momentum was well and truly with us. We pushed forward and got a goal but I think we deserved more than that.
"The attitude and commitment of the players was fantastic and it was a bit like the old days coming back with the crowd willing a goal into the back of the net but it wasn't to be.
"The last one [penalty shout], when Dirk Kuyt takes it on his chest and the boy [Eric Lichaj] looks at him before he's controlled it. He lifts his arms up and the referee says to Dirk he never gave it because he thought the boy was unlucky then we've no chance.
"Somebody would need to be assassinated for us to get a penalty kick."

Thewlis Dish

Cancelled
10k Posts
Sep 9, 2003
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
FGR
Jos23 said:
No surprise to see who has been awarded the most pens.

Without clicking the link I'd guess it is the teams who attack the most and thus have it in their opposition's box the most?

Gman

Club Legend
Oct 25, 2005
Downunder
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
MUFC

Good luck.

Misguided, a fool, old school...

What was tolerable in the 70's & 80's is not so much nowadays. Maybe we are too precious whatever,what I do know is when you hold a position of power you must be seen to have a handle of things...Kenny has had a miserable year on and off the field.

Should go on twitter and defend Ben Polis :rolleyes:

Anyway we are done here

Thewlis Dish

Cancelled
10k Posts
Sep 9, 2003
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
FGR
Thing is, Fergie would have publicly supported Suarez as well, but privately he would have bollocked him and told him to pull his head in. This clearly has not happened.

Northalives

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 12, 2005
Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
PORT ADELAIDE
"Dudlish"? Are you 12?

Kenny was defending Suarez because quite clearly he did not believe that Suarez was guilty of the offence with which he was charged. He was not defending Suarez because he (Dalgish) is inherently racist, either passively or overtly. Unless you have evidence which proves categorically that Dalglish and Liverpool defended Suarez because they are inherently racist?

Bloody hell! Don't you get it?
Dalgish's actions do all the talking.
Dalglish is behaving like a couple of idiots who reside in this state that reckon no matter what someone says, acts like, implies doesn't count 'cause, "I know some of them and I've even had them come 'round to my place".
Dalglish is a pin up boy for bigots and racists.

Dec 12, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bombers/Liverpool FC
I wonder if Fergie's gonna bollock the likes of Young Nani Rooney and whatnot for diving in private then. Particularly Young, he's only getting away with criticism coz he's English, and been doing it for the whole season

If Kenny stays this summer, we're gonna buy Darren Bent, Junior Hoilet and McCarthy, it's gonna be all English at Liverpool

Liverpool over the years have been one of the clubs to get the benefit of the refereeing decisions, and even this year wouldn't have made a cup final if it wasn't for a dodgy penalty given to them.

It's got nothing to do with conspiracies, it's all to do with refs allowing themselves to be influenced by "big" teams, managers and players. Liverpool is one of the sides to benefit from that time and time again.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
Liverpool over the years have been one of the clubs to get the benefit of the refereeing decisions, and even this year wouldn't have made a cup final if it wasn't for a dodgy penalty given to them.

It's got nothing to do with conspiracies, it's all to do with refs allowing themselves to be influenced by "big" teams, managers and players. Liverpool is one of the sides to benefit from that time and time again.

I strongly disagree with you there, we certainly have not benefited from refereeing decisions on anywhere near the same level as your Uniteds/Chelseas. FWIW we should have had another PK at Eastlands in the first leg and I believe we would have gone through as we were playing good football at the time.

We have well and truly been raped by the referees this season IMO.

Back