kent kingsley's goalkicking.

Remove this Banner Ad

Ricketts said:
had he kicked a goal in every match this year until the richmond game yesterday?
Yes.
Kent had kicked 1 goal 6 times, 2 goals 7 times, 3 goals twice, 4 goals twice, and a bag of 7 against Essendon.

I hereby decree that he shall be called Kant Kicksley hereforth.

what are we going to do with him?

his kicking was absolutely terrible yesterday.

All his missed goals could well cost us 10-15 percentage points this season. They would come in handy right about now.

Let's be just a bit fair, shall we? 10th in the goalkicking, top 5 in tackles inside 50... exacrtly where else are we likely to find that package?

Ideal? No. But certainly a big plus for the Cats.

phatandphreaky said:
I hereby decree that he shall be called Kant Kicksley hereforth.

Yes,cant argue with the handle,
with a Mode Average of 2 goals per game
with a Mean Average of 2.2 goals per game
the stats say he simply is not a full forward(just like Rawlings isnt)

To see him pass the ball when he is within 50arc shows he knows it as well.

mct said:
Let's be just a bit fair, shall we? 10th in the goalkicking, top 5 in tackles inside 50... exacrtly where else are we likely to find that package?

Ideal? No. But certainly a big plus for the Cats.

I merely intimated that he can't kick. His record indicates my comment was justified.

Turbocat said:
Yes,cant argue with the handle,
with a Mode Average of 2 goals per game
with a Mean Average of 2.2 goals per game
the stats say he simply is not a full forward(just like Rawlings isnt)

To see him pass the ball when he is within 50arc shows he knows it as well.
Sorry the data is incomplete. Your missing the median! :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sammy D said:
Sorry the data is incomplete. Your missing the median! :p

Same as the mode 2.0 goals a game

Different line of thinking. I was watch winners with flares the other day on Fox, 1971 Pies V Hawks at VFL Park. It was the game Peter Huddson came in from his lay off , arriving by Chopper. Fat as a Christmas turkey, had the Dream Teams Fat A wombat well and trully covered and but still kicked heaps, 8 or 9.Talant plus conversion.His flat punt was ugly but his extreme hunch meant the ball drop was repeatable, maybe Huddo is the bloke to call to straighten KK up.Some years ago he did wonders with S.Lowie.
Up the other end was Peter McKenna, it was interesting to watch him kick for goal compared to most now , esp Matty Lloyd. He got the ball walked back turned walked forward gathered stride and kicked.No sitting over the ball,no waiting and thinking negative thoughts.Of course , McKennas style,his technique was so sound it ingrained confidence, this allowed the body to be relaxed and perform to an optium over and over.Body not hunched but a upright tilt,letting the ball hang to have the weight in the balls of his feet. The ball hung, was quiet and the slight forward tilt allowed a highly repetitve ball drop.I would go as far as to say if Kingsley could kick like McKenna he would be cappable reaching the heights that the greats ones like Dunstall ,MCKenna etc reached.
Now look at Kent, standing upright, weight on the heels,ball held out and up by the arms.This in itself will mean that depending on the arm angle the ball is held out at, the ball drop will differ, walking on the heels its to easy to rotate through the hips as the kick happens.Hinkley gos on about how good he is at training,it proves nothing.Without the right Teq. presure will stress, stress amplifies errors.Why do champs do well under the pump, Teqnique. Just a shame, it should be mandatory that kids learn a good solid teqnique early and get it ingrained.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back