Toast Kern Mother ******* Hinkley

Remove this Banner Ad

“I can’t imagine myself coaching another football club. I’ve only been here two seasons but it feels like I’ve been part of the Port Adelaide Football Club forever,”

Love that line. :hearts:

That's what you call an Oath of Allegiance to the best club in the world..

I guess we could call it the Ken Oath.

#Kenoath

968529-68fb9c70-d37a-11e4-b8b1-878b53faa05b.jpg

Ken Hinkley gets an extension at Alberton
Love it .. :)

Did Big Footy's man in Hong Kong - Lockhart Road have anything to do with Ken getting his extension????

Port Adelaide decided to re-sign coach Ken Hinkley in Hong Kong last year
IT WAS at a Port Adelaide board strategy meeting in Hong Kong in May last year that the kernel was planted: is it time to lock down Ken Hinkley for a couple of more years.

His two year-extension, done halfway through his current deal, means he is contracted to stay at Alberton until the end of 2018 and is out of reach for competition clubs.

It has taken until this week for the club to secure the deal and the appropriate signatures to be inked, but chief executive Keith Thomas said it had taken only minutes of consideration on the overseas trip for the club’s top brass to be united.
They wanted Hinkley, 48, for the long term after his he had displayed all the right qualities: integrity, honesty and a vision for the long term.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did Big Footy's man in Hong Kong - Lockhart Road have anything to do with Ken getting his extension????

IT WAS at a Port Adelaide board strategy meeting in Hong Kong in May last year that the kernel was planted: is it time to lock down Ken Hinkley for a couple of more years.

His two year-extension, done halfway through his current deal, means he is contracted to stay at Alberton until the end of 2018 and is out of reach for competition clubs.

It has taken until this week for the club to secure the deal and the appropriate signatures to be inked, but chief executive Keith Thomas said it had taken only minutes of consideration on the overseas trip for the club’s top brass to be united.
They wanted Hinkley, 48, for the long term after his he had displayed all the right qualities: integrity, honesty and a vision for the long term.

Thanks REH ... but if any entity can be given credit for stimulating the Club Board into making this decision, it's Hong Kong the Place ... and its 'can do and you're dumb if you don't' attitude.

This city-state inspires confidence to act, because there are minimal autocratic roadblocks.
If success is to follow the action, it's up to the moral fibre and fabric of the crew taking the action, the product they're putting to the market, and whether the timing is right.

It's also important - make that essential - to get in ahead of the competition and, once in, to keep the bastards out.

Hence the Hinkley extension.

KT's speech at the Season Launch last night - as per the bullet points neatly laid out by REH in that particular thread - tell me that the Board learnt a helluva lot in a short time in Hong Kong last May, that they embraced HK's 'can do and you're dumb if you don't' attitude, and took key decisions they'd brought with them to Hong Kong to debate.

One decision other than secure Ken Hinkley past his current contract was to seize the day with regard to both junior and senior AFL in Hong Kong and South China.

The board meeting was held at the Hong Kong Football Club on Saturday morning, 17 May 2014 - the day after the first, experimental, PAFC sports business luncheon held outside of Australia. That night, at a Cantonese banquet in an historic (once infamous) Wanchai hotel, a lot was quietly debated by the Club's Board, and a challenge was posed: "How can we 'own' AFL here? And how fast can we do it?"

Thanks REH ... but if any entity can be given credit for stimulating the Club Board into making this decision, it's Hong Kong the Place ... and its 'can do and you're dumb if you don't' attitude.

This city-state inspires confidence to act, because there are minimal autocratic roadblocks.
If success is to follow the action, it's up to the moral fibre and fabric of the crew taking the action, the product they're putting to the market, and whether the timing is right.

It's also important - make that essential - to get in ahead of the competition and, once in, to keep the bastards out.

Hence the Hinkley extension.

KT's speech at the Season Launch last night - as per the bullet points neatly laid out by REH in that particular thread - tell me that the Board learnt a helluva lot in a short time in Hong Kong last May, that they embraced HK's 'can do and you're dumb if you don't' attitude, and took key decisions they'd brought with them to Hong Kong to debate.

One decision other than secure Ken Hinkley past his current contract was to seize the day with regard to both junior and senior AFL in Hong Kong and South China.

The board meeting was held at the Hong Kong Football Club on Saturday morning, 17 May 2014 - the day after the first, experimental, PAFC sports business luncheon held outside of Australia. That night, at a Cantonese banquet in an historic (once infamous) Wanchai hotel, a lot was quietly debated by the Club's Board, and a challenge was posed: "How can we 'own' AFL here? And how fast can we do it?"
I like very much

And old man Cornes and his little mate on 5aa had the temerity to laugh this trip off as nothing but a junket :rolleyes:

And old man Cornes and his little mate on 5aa had the temerity to laugh this trip off as nothing but a junket :rolleyes:

The problem with these douchecanoes is that if it were their favourite team executing the exact same strategy in China it'd be lauded as a magnificent new paradigm that highlights the wonderful innovation of the boffins down there and their vision to make their club and city a truly global brand.

We do it and it's "pfft, junket".

As we knew they would.

Old Chinese saying: 'Beware the perceptive adversary who pretends to be dumb'.

Old 5aa saying: 'Promote the dumb employee who excels at being dumber'.

Edit: What we were also attentive to was the abovenamed individuals and their ilk squealing: But how can they afford to fly to Hong Kong; their Club is broke!
And precisely that just came up on 5AA - nearly a year too late.
The board members paid their own way, the function was held at a reciprocal football club at discounted rates and tickets were sold, paid for and no loss was incurred.

Last edited:
The problem with these douchecanoes is that if it were their favourite team executing the exact same strategy in China it'd be lauded as a magnificent new paradigm that highlights the wonderful innovation of the boffins down there and their vision to make their club and city a truly global brand.

We do it and it's "pfft, junket".

TriggsjunkettotheUSafterbeingsuspended.xlsx

I was listening to the 5AA sports show about 20 minutes ago as the show was winding up - and HK was brought up again and Rooch said that all the board members paid for their trip to HK. Cornes started to respond and my internet connection dropped out. When I came back on line he was complaining board members get paid to much, I though club board members do it for free, but as he continued on it was clear he was talking about public companies. But even then he got it wrong because he was talking about CEO and senior executive salaries they are the ones who get the big $$$ not the board members. Ok most CEO's of public companies are on the board but he was referring to the others on the board as if they got the big bucks the executives get.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back