Toast Kern Mother ******* Hinkley

Remove this Banner Ad

I just came from the port club and all the staff from the kitchen to the bar to the guy who stocks the bingo ticket were like karl amon gee whiz it was at this point I put down my bread roll and said why anyway get this

I just came from the port club and all the staff from the kitchen to the bar to the guy who stocks the bingo ticket were like karl amon gee whiz it was at this point I put down my bread roll and said why anyway get this

Did you get?

I'm waiting for Joe Hockey to get caught with a hooker so we can call him Ho Jockey.

Similarly, I lived in hope of Bob Carr being kidnapped during one of his overseas trips as Foreign Minister so the Murdoch press could run with the headline, "Dude, Where's Bob Carr?"

Similarly, I lived in hope of Bob Carr being kidnapped during one of his overseas trips as Foreign Minister so the Murdoch press could run with the headline, "Dude, Where's Bob Carr?"
Do you really think they have the wit to come up with that pun?

We are talking about people who every week write headlines like
"Port Powers up Adelaide Oval"
"Hawthorn shuts off the Power"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does sound a little like Hoon is in favour with Ken to be singled out. Could there be any more pressure to hold spots in the 22?

Family is something important to him, but beyond his wife Donna and three children, the Hinkleys have adopted 45 new sons, and an extended family of almost 60,000 members and thousands more supporters.

“I can’t imagine myself coaching another football club. I’ve only been here two seasons but it feels like I’ve been part of the Port Adelaide Football Club forever,” Hinkley told portadelaidefc.com.au.

I love this man he's like a pair of warm furry ugg boots on cold feet. :))

Caro must have spent a few days at Alberton. Here is Caro's interview with Ken where he honestly assesses what happened to 2015.

He remained convinced that the team – which entered last season with top-four expectations and as one of the premiership favourites – was neither over-confident nor complacent in its journey, which fell short of finals for the first time in Hinkley's time at Alberton.

But Hinkley did admit that the side was seduced to a degree by those thrilling final moments of 2014 in which Port failed to reach the grand final by less than a kick against Hawthorn.

"We didn't get ahead of ourselves," he said. "What we couldn't do right was to fix all the things we were trying to fix. We were trying to fix too many things. We were trying to play a bigger game and it was not needed.

"You always have to tinker a bit, but my job is to make the players perform at their best and I didn't do that ... As coaches we over-complicated things, we were trying to identify too much and we lost sight of what was the key ingredient."

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/port-a...went-wrong-20151127-gla172.html#ixzz3shEbepcN

"We didn't get ahead of ourselves," he said. "What we couldn't do right was to fix all the things we were trying to fix. We were trying to fix too many things. We were trying to play a bigger game and it was not needed.

"You always have to tinker a bit, but my job is to make the players perform at their best and I didn't do that ... As coaches we over-complicated things, we were trying to identify too much and we lost sight of what was the key ingredient."

Goes back to Cahill's mantra that footy players are bricks with ears....don't complicate it.[/QUOTE]

Caro must have spent a few days at Alberton. Here is Caro's interview with Ken where he honestly assesses what happened to 2015.

He remained convinced that the team – which entered last season with top-four expectations and as one of the premiership favourites – was neither over-confident nor complacent in its journey,

As coaches we over-complicated things, we were trying to identify too much and we lost sight of what was the key ingredient."

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/port-a...went-wrong-20151127-gla172.html#ixzz3shEbepcN

KISS. JC had that down to a fine art. The over complication of the game via stats, etc is fine when you have ambitions to milk every 0.1% extra to achieve success - however, the message to players needs to be distilled into more basic terms and rehearsed and practised ad infinitum so that when you are competing under game pressure, it becomes a reflexive response and you are not having players trying to think through options and losing focus on just doing the basics.

I do wonder if subconsciously we were complacent but that we just weren't able to identify that element until it was too late?

He remained convinced that the team – which entered last season with top-four expectations and as one of the premiership favourites – was neither over-confident nor complacent in its journey, which fell short of finals for the first time in Hinkley's time at Alberton.

But Hinkley did admit that the side was seduced to a degree by those thrilling final moments of 2014 in which Port failed to reach the grand final by less than a kick against Hawthorn.

Early in the year there were times when players looked as if they had been given instructions on what individual aspects of their game to improve on, but the teamwork side of things somehow appeared to go missing.

A number of posts mentioned that at the time and it kind of fits with Kern's quote.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back