Kerry's back on the radio

Remove this Banner Ad

Not many people will remember but he was actually part of the Channel 9 team back when the domestic one day competition was called the Mercantile Mutual Cup and only a couple of the regulars were assigned to the games.

There was no cult hero status about him then, he was just very annoying. for that reason I found it really hard to get my head around it when he became popular.

Not many people will remember but he was actually part of the Channel 9 team back when the domestic one day competition was called the Mercantile Mutual Cup and only a couple of the regulars were assigned to the games.

There was no cult hero status about him then, he was just very annoying. for that reason I found it really hard to get my head around it when he became popular.

On those very rare occasions when he toned down the bullshit, he could be a very insightful analyst. Unfortunately he found an audience for the rubbish, and couldn't contain himself.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Might be an unpopular opinion, but I think ABC Radio is better off without him.
I think that initially, the ABC struggled without his presence as we were left with a pretty bland team of callers. They were fine at their role, it was just unbalanced.

More recently, I think the insights from the likes of Rogers and Nannes have provided a lot of value.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back