• Kersten will have a better year

Votes: 13 56.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 5, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong
Given a bit of celebration from supporters on here after Kersten was traded out for a slab of ALDI tonic water, it'll be interesting to see just how Aaron Black goes playing in the hoops this season.

1. Since 2012, Kersten has played 43 VFL games for a total of 111 goals
  2. Has played 37 senior games for a total of 41 goals

1. Since 2010, Black has played 67 VFL games for a total of 111 goals
  2. Has played 50 senior games for a total of 64 goals

It's a good comparison in terms of their talent levels I reckon. And both have similar flaws for forwards of their size.

I just think Subi and Freo's gameplan will be far more conducive to Kersten's style than KP and Geelong's style to Black.

Given a bit of celebration from supporters on here after Kersten was traded out for a slab of ALDI tonic water, it'll be interesting to see just how Aaron Black goes playing in the hoops this season.

Possibly the best laugh you've given me all year Bob... well played.

Go Catters

now i've stopped laughing.....

I think Freo's mids will honour Kerstens lead up stuff better than ours will Black's. Kersten's cannon from 50 will suit him well IMO and he'll get the space to work out and back.

Remains to be seen of course and id luv nothing more than Black to feed my thoughts back to me with interest and 45 goals to his name leaving me going Shane who?

Go Catters

Information I have is that he's on a 4 year Contract at the Dockers at $450K per season , we offered him a 1 year deal at $180K.

Personally I don't rate Kersten at all apart from possessing an amazing leg and reasonably accurate kick.
Black is a long shot but he's the one in the hoops so he's got my support

Information I have is that he's on a 4 year Contract at the Dockers at $450K per season , we offered him a 1 year deal at $180K.

Personally I don't rate Kersten at all apart from possessing an amazing leg and reasonably accurate kick.
Black is a long shot but he's the one in the hoops so he's got my support

holy crap balls...

4 x 450. No bloody wonder he bolted. Good luck to him and Freo :drunk:. Id have s**t the bed had we offered him that - and I was a fan of his.

And as you say Black has the hoops so im behind him.

Go Catters

4 x 450..wtf were they thinking? o_O:eek:

I think output will both be very similar, I think Kersten might be just a bit better. Can't see them kicking more than 35 goals at senior level for a season, if they do, it's a good season for them.

Black cost less than kersten in draft picks and will be on minimum wage unlike kersten. Both are as ordinary as each other. Black though atleast can use injury excuses unlike Kirsten.

I was with you on Kersten guy has talent

I agree we got overs for Kersten,Black is probable a bit of depth, bonus if he's better than that.I personally think it will be Cocky that takes Kerstens role.

But how many times did they each do an elite shutdown job?

Keep in mind an elite shutdown job entails keeping the opponent to a meager 24 possessions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Black cost less than kersten in draft picks and will be on minimum wage unlike kersten. Both are as ordinary as each other. Black though atleast can use injury excuses unlike Kirsten.

Assuming north paid his whole contract-he was in 2017 to be in the last year of a 3 year deal signed in 2014 at north (freo had a big go at trading for him that year so he would have got good $ to stay at north) so he wouldnt be on low $ if we are paying some of that.

TBH i prefer house to both kersten and black but i hope black makes it as we need him to.

Assuming north paid his whole contract-he was in 2017 to be in the last year of a 3 year deal signed in 2014 at north (freo had a big go at trading for him that year so he would have got good $ to stay at north) so he wouldnt be on low $ if we are paying some of that.

TBH i prefer house to both kersten and black but i hope black makes it as we need him to.
I thought that nth were still paying a large portion of his contract. I may be wrong though.

Sounds like Scott thinks House is a defender going by the comments in the paper the other day.

Kersten everyday of the week for mine the two we lost in kersten and Vardy were the perfect compliment to hawkins. A forward that gets up the ground nice kick in kersten and Vardy really talented forward that can pinch hit in the ruck. And latter injury effected career but looks in super shape this season to be honest. All have the potential to be great role players will be sorely missed.
In terms of list quality

Aaron black is in the Stanley, Smith mould will be reliable have moments nothing special unfortuantely for mine

I think Kersten will have a decent run at games with Freo this year. I have been a fan and was disappointed to lose him.
Freo have given Kersten and Hamling 3 or 4 year deals. That's pretty amazing when both have potential but haven't shown anywhere near enough to get that.

Black has played two years of much better footy than anything Kerstenhas this far. If he can get anywhere near that at Geelong we will be laughing.

They are similar players and I think Black can win a place in the team. I'm really interested to see House play AfL. From the VFL he looks like he could play that role but with the added marking skills.

I agree we got overs for Kersten,Black is probable a bit of depth, bonus if he's better than that.I personally think it will be Cocky that takes Kerstens role.
Think a bit of black underrating going on here. He played in a team with too many big forwards at north so wasnt hit up too often. If cats can allow him space to be a key big, i see him kicking more goals than kersten.

Think a bit of black underrating going on here. He played in a team with too many big forwards at north so wasnt hit up too often. If cats can allow him space to be a key big, i see him kicking more goals than kersten.

Pardon the intrusion, but fwiw Kersten seems to have forced his way into the best 22 courtesy of being named for all the JLT games so far whereas Taberner and Apeness have been dropped. Not sure how Black's going but it seems Kersten will be playing against you guys in Round 1.

I'm going Kersten at the moment, think he will benefit from being more of a main target at Freo (at Cats we bomb it to Hawkins no matter what).

Also think Kersten will simply get more opportunity there, he'll play in their AFL team assuming he's fit as they try to gel together a new forward line with McCarthy & one of Taberner/Apeness.

Black I feel was brought to the Cats as depth, and while his 4 goal JLT1 performance was impressive, I still feel it depends what structure we want to go with whether Black even plays in our AFL side to begin with.

Reckon to start the season the main 3 forwards will be Hawkins, Taylor & Menzel. Then after 6 or so rounds when the Taylor experiment probably isn't working (Hope it does but assume it won't really) then we'll move Taylor back to defence and bring Black in making it Hawkins, Black & Menzel.

At same time Black has to be showing form in VFL, if he's not & someone like a Buzza is actually playing well I have no problem going Hawkins, Buzza & Menzel if Black isn't in good enough form.

Back