News Kersten walks

Remove this Banner Ad

Hmm I wonder what happened.

Kersten has the memory of winning that game against North for us a few years ago.

Was finished anyway, so I'm not entirely surs it's not a PR move by Kersten or his management to salvage what playing reputation he has before being delisted, but yeah, would like to know the full story.

Its an interesting one and obviously a lot more behind the scenes going on. On one hand not everyone on the list is going to see eye to eye with the coaching staff (especially if they have not been training/playing) but on the other hand, ive heard that Ross is a polarising type of personality with some of the players.

My friends daughter is good friends with Joel Hamling who's best mates with Shane, Hamling is pretty happy at the club and said Shane had his papers stamped some time ago.

If it was The Worst reporting this you'd just laugh but AFL news normally has to have a bit more accountability, from where did they uncover this supposed rift after Lachie Neale leaving?

The link to departure of Lachie Neale leaving is probably because the trade was used to bring in Hogan and Lobb, which put him way down the pecking order as 6th or 7th forward, and pretty much meant that if Kersten was to get a game at Fremantle it would have to be as a defender.

Last edited:
Well, fallout a big word. He needed to fight hard for spot before Hogan and Lobb already. Could't do it this year as he was injured while we needed forwards. Bad luck, but not the first player to loose a lits spot after getting injured at the wrong time. Would have been lucky to stay on the list without that fallout anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The link to departure of Lachie Neale leaving is probably because the trade was used to bring in Hogan and Lobb, which put him way down the pecking order as 6th or 7th forward, and pretty much meant that if Kersten was to get a game at Fremantle it would have to be as a defender.
Seems to be a case of walking to save face rather than being delisted.

My friends daughter is good friends with Joel Hamling who's best mates with Shane, Hamling is pretty happy at the club and said Shane had his papers stamped some time ago.

If it was The Worst reporting this you'd just laugh but AFL news normally has to have a bit more accountability, from where did they uncover this supposed rift after Lachie Neale leaving?
Hamling’s playing his best football of his career. Stark contrast. Kersten trying to make a big deal of this and get players to join him it seems

What's the deal here??
Headline is Kersten walks, I guess because he still has a stuffed foot or it would be "Kersten runs". Would have preferred to have the headline "Kersten Delisted", only disappointment is why didn't he walk about 2 months ago so we could have got another mid season draftee.

Claim that he is hopeless??? Will just be another scoop Hackdorn or Hardly will have tomorrow where they will provide inside knowledge on more behind the scenes which led to it

Of course he'd knlw bringing in Lobb and Hogan would hurt his chances at playing for us, but is that enough to cause irreconcilable differences? Kersten has been around long enough to know it's a business. I can't see him being that level of unprofessional simply because he saw the writing on the wall.

Guaranteed Hackdorn will go tomorrow with the Kersten news that things are not right at Fremantle yet ignore the fact that Blakely just re-signed for 3 years

Of course he'd knlw bringing in Lobb and Hogan would hurt his chances at playing for us, but is that enough to cause irreconcilable differences? Kersten has been around long enough to know it's a business. I can't see him being that level of unprofessional simply because he saw the writing on the wall.

It was the same story for him at Geelong, what's your spin on that?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back