News Kersten walks

Remove this Banner Ad

It's well documented that Lyon is well liked by players who are in the best 22 and in favour with the coach. Reiwoldt and Dal Santo still rave about the guy to this day after the way he walked out on them.

Trying to force a contracted player out to appease someone who wants to leave is a disgrace. They shouldn't have offered Kersten such a long contract in the first place. Not to mention he was in the team at the end of 2018 so he can't have been that s**t in their eyes.

What does it do for the culture of the club if they are trying to offload people in contract to keep the high profile players?
Seriously? This happens every trade period - clubs trade or delist contracted players to free up salary space every year.

Pretty sure you’ll find we’ve picked up players because other “well run, successful “ clubs needed to offload them...

I haven't seen anyone troll you, (including myself, but that didn't stop you), yet you're constantly jumping in with nasty comments and adding 0 to the discussion.

If the resent is building up then maybe you need to put the phone down for a bit.

I never said anyone was trolling me. Like Salim said you probably are the brick thrower

Seriously? This happens every trade period - clubs trade or delist contracted players to free up salary space every year.

Pretty sure you’ll find we’ve picked up players because other “well run, successful “ clubs needed to offload them...
Colyer a prime example last year, Bombers would have kept him if Shiel didn't come but flogged him off as soon as the Shiel deal was ticked off.

dont get why its so horrific that freo trying to offload a depth player in an attempt to keep a proven, experienced and respected one ingrained in the club is such a big problem yet hawks offloading best 22 player ryan burton against his will for an injury ridden crab is just making hard call to better the club :rolleyes:

The club isnt bigger than one player, they have one goal in sight - to win a premiership! if they felt they were being forced to choose between neale and kersten of coarse they're going to pick neale and do what they can to keep him, because he is then one in that scenario that is more likely to assist the club in winning a premiership, which again, is the whole f****n point and their one goal!!!!

Kersten is just trying to get his last headline in before he fades off into irrelevancy, thank u. next

Oh more it’s likely Colin young leaking info again .
Helping to push his own agenda .
The kersten injury/mismanagement part could be interesting to watch tho
Bloody Colin Young is half the friggin problem. Squeezing us out for a third year on these useless players. Colyer is his latest squeeze. Can’t see him lasting into the third.

These long contracts on duds always bring problems. Jack Anthony, Colin Sylvia and now Shane Kersten.

That period of last year when Rosich looked after everything after Brad Lloyd left and just before Bell came onboard has been horrible. I sense these issues first popped up around then. Was also the time that Ballas and Harley Bennell resigned.

The club wanted Bond gone but were unprepared and somewhat blindsided when it came to Lloyd. The Bond to Bell handover was fine. The replacement of Lloyd was terrible and resulted in some very poor decisions including this fiasco and Lachie Neale’s departure. The ball was well and truely in motion around the time Lloyd left to Carlton.

That Fox article was 100% Kersten’s management and airing some dirty laundry...no doubt to tear down Rosich (and I assume Lyon by association).

Interesting as to what that was setting out to achieve but yeah, basically an info dump from Young and Co., down to the sly mentioning that Bell could take Rosich’s job.

dont get why its so horrific that freo trying to offload a depth player in an attempt to keep a proven, experienced and respected one ingrained in the club is such a big problem yet hawks offloading best 22 player ryan burton against his will for an injury ridden crab is just making hard call to better the club :rolleyes:

The club isnt bigger than one player, they have one goal in sight - to win a premiership! if they felt they were being forced to choose between neale and kersten of coarse they're going to pick neale and do what they can to keep him, because he is then one in that scenario that is more likely to assist the club in winning a premiership, which again, is the whole f****n point and their one goal!!!!

Kersten is just trying to get his last headline in before he fades off into irrelevancy, thank u. next

The difference if you believe the article written is that Fremantle didn't just try and offload a player in a trade to free up some cap, they went to Neale and said we know you personally don't like Kersten will you stay if we sack him? Thank god he said no as imagine the group harmony knowing that if you don't get on with one of the stars the club is willing to sack you with time left on your contract. IF this is true the Fremantle board should be sacking Rosich immediately.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OK, this thread was a waste of time.
Awesome it was about Kersten, who was simply not up to it, but close to the ability required IMO. Even with a depleted list he could not get a game. Do not get me wrong here, still a great athlete and AFL is extremely hard to make. It is a dream for most kids to play one game, and he gave it a crack. Disappointing it ends like this, and of course criticism will follow. IMO he should have hung up the boots mid season, but maybe he feels at 26 he may get another chance - I doubt this, as I never saw enough when he put the boots on at Freo.

I love it that a thread like this brings out the weasels turning it into an opportunity to talk about everything else. Being a Freo supporter is tough, I get that. IF IF you feel the need to start a thread and rant, I am cool with that too. Shane Kersten has nothing to do with Lachie Neale. It is like implying that in some way Gary Ablett returning to Geelong had something to do with Kersten too. Maybe Kersten did not like Blakely and him signing on was the nail in the coffin.

OK, so thought I would add :

Shane Kersten : 66 games over 5 years, 29 at Freo 37 at Geelong. Averaged 1 goal a game and 4.3 marks, 10.3 disposals and 1.9 tackles.
Some may remember this, a highlight for sure, thanks for giving it a crack Shane, and best luck in the future.

Karl Langdon last night was bagging out Freo with the Kersten and Bennell medical stuff without knowing stuff all except what Crumpets has told him.

Saying he hopes HB gets back after his surgery to prove the S&C wrong and Kersten should have just snapped the fascia aka Robert Harvey all those years ago.

I bet they get Colin Young on their program tonight. I can picture now Colin Young being interviewed outside his home holding Crumpets hand for support.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back