Kevin McHale Cup XII 19-20

Remove this Banner Ad

What happens if enough of us refuse to match the bids of Moo and he ends up over the salary cap ?
He can only win one player, the highest unmatched QO, which will be Lillard as Westbrook is being matched by Flaps. Other unmatched players will be available as FAs in Rd 2.

He can only win one player, the highest unmatched QO, which will be Lillard as Westbrook is being matched by Flaps. Other unmatched players will be available as FAs in Rd 2.
So if i don't match Vucevic's ridiculous $10.5 million offer he just goes into the FA pool and i could lose him for a price i would be willing to match. Doesn't seem fair that the rest of us are penalised for those silly offers.

So if i don't match Vucevic's ridiculous $10.5 million offer he just goes into the FA pool and i could lose him for a price i would be willing to match. Doesn't seem fair that the rest of us are penalised for those silly offers.
Yep, that's the risk of putting a player up for Qualifying Offers rather than a Contract. I lost Lillard with no opportunity to draft him in Rd2, just part of the decision process. Moo may have gone a little high but he had the budget to swing for the fences.

Wowee I thought I had a decent crack at a couple. I wasn't close.... Maybe Kyrie's $7.5 mil wasn't so bad after all :think:

I'll make a decision on Davis soon. I def thought no one was gonna match any of those bids and I went to sleep thinking 6 of them were going into the auction and was ready to let Davis go. But since weve had some matches I gotta reassess. Not sure I can compete this year with my team contracts flopping last yr and Davis on 18 mill, decisions decisions 🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Name of the game mate, I've got a ton of cap space and so I need to do leverage that space.

**** it I'm gonna live a little and take the risk I guess. Just too many positions to fill to pay 36% on 1 guy even if he is a clear top 2 player. Not matching on Davis 😬
My bid was a little high but oh well, was gonna bid 17mil but changed right before I sent the bids through 😂

Name of the game mate, I've got a ton of cap space and so I need to do leverage that space.
No problem, just wish you had of gone a bit easier on the ol Vucevic. I need to understand the rules more than i do :)

My bid was a little high but oh well, was gonna bid 17mil but changed right before I sent the bids through 😂
It was just the right amount tbh, much cheaper and id have matched but i just don't have the production at other positions this year. Could be a massive error on my part if i botch the early rounds lol and i hate giving up my rights for Davis. Rebuild time for me i guess

Well done Smokies to pry away Davis. You paid for it but he's the only guy in the top 6 in a vulnerable position in regards to contract, with Curry Harden GiAnt Jokic & KAT(just) all still on manageable contracts.

I think that now determines the results of the QO round and I'll get to work setting the rest of the draft board tonight.
I am away interstate this weekend so I'll ask Bill to post rd 2 tonight with a deadline for bids of Thursday evening.
Then from Monday we will dive into the draft with 24hr cycles per round.

Below are the final results for the qualifying round 1 for KMC 19-20

Results listed in the following format;
Player (Current manager), highest bid - result

Jimmy Butler (Billy) $11,601,000 - Billy retains player.
Nikola Vucevic (BGT) $10,500,000 - Player released.
Damian Lillard (Bugsy) $14,358,111 – Moo wins player
Anthony Davis (Deeman) $18,000,000 - Smokies wins player.
Russell Westbrook (Flaps) $16,500,001 - Flaps retains player.
Jusuf Nurkic (K10) $13,500,000 -Player released.
Paul George (Moo) $12,601,000 - Porley wins player.
Mike Conley (Porley) $8,900,000 - Player released.
LeBron James (Tony) $16,000,000 - Tony retains player.

So three players switched teams, three players retained and three players released to the draft.
The draft board is set and will I call for round 2 bids tonight.

Here are the team budgets as tracked by my office:

Last edited:
Welcome to Round 2 of the Kevin McHale Cup 19-20 Auction Draft.

Group 2

Nikola Vucevic
Mike Conley
Jusuf Nurkic
Kawhi Leonard
Kyrie Irving
Kemba Walker

Please PM to submit your bids to me, Bill Duffy.

Deadline for submission of bids for Round 2 is 9pm (UTC+10:00), Thursday 5 Sept

Note: Ensure you vary your bids! So no identical $values please. If you vary bids by as little as $1 I know which player you prefer and can allocate winning bids accordingly.

The minimum bid allowed for any player is half a million.

Each team will be required to draft 15 players. So ensure that you monitor your budget as your maximum bid will be in line with your remaining budget and players to be drafted. Any over-bid will be deemed to be invalid.

Current draft board with all future round groups is available at;

Thankyou Managers and good luck :)

These are the results of Round 2 of the Kevin McHale Cup 19-20 Auction Draft.

Group 2
Nikola Vucevic $8,750,000
Drafted by Orasia
Mike Conley $4,300,301 Drafted by Flaps
Jusuf Nurkic $4,310,000 Drafted by K10
Kawhi Leonard $13,675,000
Drafted by Deeman
Kyrie Irving $10,101,000 Drafted by Porley
Kemba Walker $9,000,010 Drafted by Tony

The current draft board for details... some very close bids!

I shall post Round 3 Monday evening. Enjoy your weekend.

The highest QU group ever followed by a pretty elite 1st group where practically everyone bid at least 2 mil less than i thought they would. (Exept Nurk just coz of the broken leg) Byebye money. Oh wells It was fun being rich for a day and Kahwi is a pretty handy AD replacement. But I'd much rather have Conley at $4 mill tho...😯 Cant be letting such a strong team that beat us all months in advance last season have a 1st group guy healthy for 4 mil. 😬

Last edited:
Wait I think there's a mistake there Bugsy Mogues, looks like Conley should've gone too Moo for 5.5? Still such a bargain.
I'll take him if Moo doesn't want him. :)

But yeah, looks like a human error from what I can see, unless there's another rule around it?
EDIT: is there something about the first round QO offers from this post 92 that might have something to do with the Conley offer?

Either way Bugsy Mogues Bill Duffy might need to sort it out ASAP otherwise it could effect the next round's max bids from both teams.

Interesting comment there in the spreadsheet about Kyrie too Moo :p

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back